[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ultimate Steeler fan?

BigTen

The first game of the season the Ravens won the Super Bowl, we had friends from Pittsburgh visiting. They had the look of death on their face when Quadry Ismail caught a Tony Banks pass and ran it long distance for a TD.

Doubt he was watching that game.

Good way to go, except without all that crappy Steelers stuff around.

:D  I can only wish my Titans recover from their cap problems as fast as the Ravens did.  Maybe one day, when my team gets a real coach, we can actually win a Super Bowl instead of coming up short.  :D

867586[/snapback]

:D

The only thing better I guess would be a dead Ravens fan...

867586[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Boooooo. That is just not a nice thing to say.

The first game of the season the Ravens won the Super Bowl, we had friends from Pittsburgh visiting.  They had the look of death on their face when Quadry Ismail caught a Tony Banks pass and ran it long distance for a TD.

Doubt he was watching that game.

Good way to go, except without all that crappy Steelers stuff around.

867563[/snapback]

Hey, at least the city didn't name our team after a dead poet and a bird. :doah:

Hey, at least the city didn't name our team after a dead poet and a bird.  :doah:

867646[/snapback]

Yeah, too bad we couldn't get a name like Steelers. Just hearing that name makes me think of union strikes, foreign imports and abandoned plants.

It's a little known fact that at one point, the Steelers had a logo on both sides of their helmet. In the 80s, after the last glory of the team, the second logo closed down and moved over seas.

Yeah, too bad we couldn't get a name like Steelers.  Just hearing that name makes me think of union strikes, foreign imports and abandoned plants. 

It's a little known fact that at one point, the Steelers had a logo on both sides of their helmet.  In the 80s, after the last glory of the team, the second logo closed down and moved over seas.

867675[/snapback]

:D:D

Yeah, too bad we couldn't get a name like Steelers.  Just hearing that name makes me think of union strikes, foreign imports and abandoned plants. 

It's a little known fact that at one point, the Steelers had a logo on both sides of their helmet.  In the 80s, after the last glory of the team, the second logo closed down and moved over seas.

867675[/snapback]

That is true. It is also a fact that Poe died in the street from alcoholism. I'd drink too if my team was the home for wayward criminals. My team didn't rent UHauls and move to another city, either. :D:D

But I digress.

Edited by Ruffian

That is true. It is also a fact that Poe died in the street from alcoholism. I'd drink too if my team was the home for wayward criminals. My team didn't rent UHauls and move to another city, either. :D  :D

But I digress.

867863[/snapback]

You are such a momo. Irsay used Mayflower movers, not UHaul.

Crime in Baltimore is a seperate issue, the power grip the democrats have is amazing, yet people keep voting for the same momos that allow those things to happen.

Poe may have been a drunk, but he was a great writer. He's known more for his writing than his drinking.

How many times did Baltimore cut Unitas again?

You are such a momo.  Irsay used Mayflower movers, not UHaul. 

Crime in Baltimore is a seperate issue, the power grip the democrats have is amazing, yet people keep voting for the same momos that allow those things to happen.

Poe may have been a drunk, but he was a great writer.  He's known more for his writing than his drinking.

How many times did Baltimore cut Unitas again?

867902[/snapback]

Writing didn't kill him. Maybe being a "momo" killed him. It's hard to say.

No one cares about the politics in Baltimore. You are right about the Mayflower trucks. I remember watching them leave in the night. I guess you do too. The Steelers may have cut Johnny U (and that is a shame, no doubt) but they didn't send his team outta town or buy someone else's franchise to make up for their stupidity. I liked you better when you were the Colts.

Writing didn't kill him. Maybe being a "momo" killed him. It's hard to say.

No one cares about the politics in Baltimore. You are right about the Mayflower trucks. I remember watching them leave in the night. I guess you do too. The Steelers may have cut Johnny U (and that is a shame, no doubt) but they didn't send his team outta town or buy someone else's franchise to make up for their stupidity. I liked you better when you were the Colts.

868186[/snapback]

Baltimore didn't send the Colts out of town, Irsay did that himself. He was angry that we wouldn't sellout a team he wouldn't put any money into. Look at the team's record with him as an owner in both Baltimore and Indy. The fans hated him, he hated the fans. Jim Irsay has more talent and class in his left nut than his fat bass-turd of a father ever had.

Feel lucky that you have a great owner. We finally have that now, but we're on our 5th NFL owner and our 3rd franchise. We also have a Lombardi Trophy that was won after the Carter administration. :D

Drinking his success away did make Poe a momo, but a momo that was also a great writer. Probably why the team is named after one of his best known works and not the momo writer (the mascots where named after him).

Edited by Big Red

Baltimore didn't send the Colts out of town, Irsay did that himself.  He was angry that we wouldn't sellout a team he wouldn't put any money into.  Look at the team's record with him as an owner in both Baltimore and Indy.  The fans hated him, he hated the fans.  Jim Irsay has more talent and class in his left nut than his fat bass-turd of a father ever had.

Feel lucky that you have a great owner.  We finally have that now, but we're on our 5th NFL owner and our 3rd franchise.  We also have a Lombardi Trophy that was won after the Carter administration.  :D

Drinking his success away did make Poe a momo, but a momo that was also a great writer.  Probably why the team is named after one of his best known works and not the momo writer (the mascots where named after him).

868214[/snapback]

Fair enough. We working on that Carter thing too.

Fair enough. We working on that Carter thing too.

868259[/snapback]

Having us snap Turnover Tommy's arm in week 2 last year was a good start.

Wonder who will have the bigger year, Big Ben or Boller? Ben is the bigger name, but with Mason and Clayton, Boller got more new toys.

Wonder who will have the bigger year, Big Ben or Boller?  Ben is the bigger name, but with Mason and Clayton, Boller got more new toys.

868416[/snapback]

Yeah, the two are very comprable.

Big Ben set several rookie QB records and led his team to 15 straight wins in his rookie season.

Kyle Boller sucks.

I'm just not sure who to choose..... :D:D

Yeah, the two are very comprable.

Big Ben set several rookie QB records and led his team to 15 straight wins in his rookie season.

Kyle Boller sucks.

I'm just not sure who to choose.....    :D  :D

868501[/snapback]

Boller showed improvement the second half (Taylor and Johnson benched). Boller got Mason and Clayton to go along with Heap, Moore and Hymes.

Big Ben fell off late in the season, lost Plaxico and Bettis got an other year older.

I agree, there was a big gap in their performance last year. That gap is closing. This year will show by how much.

Wonder who will have the bigger year, Big Ben or Boller?  Ben is the bigger name, but with Mason and Clayton, Boller got more new toys.

868416[/snapback]

And watching Todd "Lying on the Turf in a" Heap from the sidelines seemed to help your fortunes last season as well. :D

As for Boller--if he doesn't get it done this year, you better call Tony Banks. This is the best the Ravers have looked on paper in quite a while. Ben loses Plaxico, but if Miller is what the draftniks say he is, he will make a good outlet for Ben. Boller's had two years to get ready (and I haven't been overly impressed), and Ben got the job on the fly. As I recall, Boller didn't win Rookie of the Year. I'll take Ben as things stand now, on talent alone.

Hymes is terrible. Never mention him as a viable receiver again. :doah:

RECEIVING Hymes, Randy

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD

2002 Baltimore Ravens 7 2 6 123 20.5 43 0 2 1 5

2003 Baltimore Ravens 0 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0 0

2004 Baltimore Ravens 14 7 26 323 12.4 57 2 4 1 17

TOTAL 21 9 32 446 13.9 57 2 6 2 22

Edited by Ruffian