[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ultimate Steeler fan?

BigTen

And watching Todd "Lying on the Turf in a" Heap from the sidelines seemed to help your fortunes last season as well.  :D

As for Boller--if he doesn't get it done this year, you better call Tony Banks. This is the best the Ravers have looked on paper in quite a while. Ben loses Plaxico, but if Miller is what the draftniks say he is, he will make a good outlet for Ben. Boller's had two years to get ready (and I haven't been overly impressed), and Ben got the job on the fly. As I recall, Boller didn't win Rookie of the Year. I'll take Ben as things stand now, on talent alone.

868623[/snapback]

Big Ben had obvious success on the field last year. Give Boller Ward/Burress and Big Ben Taylor/Johnson and see if we still have this arguement.

Big Ben has the big advantage now, lets see if Bollers new WRs help him close that gap this year.

Both the Ravens and Steelers have good defenses and a good running game, so we may be debating who will have the passing attack closer to the middle of the pack this year. Even The Huddle Rankings have them ranked 22 and 23 overall for points.

Yeah, too bad we couldn't get a name like Steelers.  Just hearing that name makes me think of union strikes, foreign imports and abandoned plants. 

It's a little known fact that at one point, the Steelers had a logo on both sides of their helmet.  In the 80s, after the last glory of the team, the second logo closed down and moved over seas.

867675[/snapback]

:D

Big Ben had obvious success on the field last year.  Give Boller Ward/Burress and Big Ben Taylor/Johnson and see if we still have this arguement. 

Big Ben has the big advantage now, lets see if Bollers new WRs help him close that gap this year. 

Both the Ravens and Steelers have good defenses and a good running game, so we may be debating who will have the passing attack closer to the middle of the pack this year.  Even The Huddle Rankings have them ranked 22 and 23 overall for points.

868636[/snapback]

The Steelers ran the ball 62% of the time when on offense. Ben did what he needed to do--win games. He made the throws, could scramble, and knew when to let the offense work for him.

Jamal Lewis was a 1,000 yard runner last year and he missed just four games (no worse than Staley's injuries) . The Raver backfield is a good one. Boller could have relied on his backs to get things done (I could run behind Ogden) but he forced passes, thus his TD vs. INT rating of 20 TDs, 20 picks in two years.

Edited by Ruffian

The Steelers ran the ball 62% of the time when on offense. Ben did what he needed to do--win games. He made the throws, could scramble, and knew when to let the offense work for him.

Jamal Lewis was a 1,000 yard runner last year and he missed just four games (no worse than Staley's injuries) . The Raver backfield is a good one. Boller could have relied on his backs to get things done (I could run behind Ogden) but he forced passes, thus his TD vs. INT rating of 20 TDs, 20 picks in two years.

868655[/snapback]

Boller didn't call the plays. If you are setup for a pass and your WRs can't get open, you can't throw. Taylor himself dropped many of the few passes he would actually get open for. Again, give Boller Ward instead of Taylor and I bet good money his completions go up. Remember, rookie 6th round pick Clarence Moore led the team in TD catches.

Jamal missed 4 games, but he wasn't healthy for a few others. Musa Smith also missed time, leaving Chester Taylor as the only guy that could run.

Like everyone has said, this will be there year we see if it's Boller or his WRs. Mason and Heap are proven, big things are expected out of Clayton and Moore/Hymes are expected to improve.

One mans wake turns into a Ravens/Steelers free for all. :D

Let's really ruin this topic and start a Manning - Brady argument with 7 pages worth of garbage.

Let the guy rest in peace.

Edited by charty

One mans wake turns into a Ravens/Steelers free for all.  :D

Let's really ruin this topic and start a Manning - Brady argument with 7 pages worth of garbage.

Let the guy rest in peace.

868760[/snapback]

Good thinking. :D