[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whos the #1 Defense to be taken, and when?

peepinmofo

As a Bills homer Im taking them if I can get em. Problem is, theyre pretty f-in bad this year. I hope theyre there in the 10th or so

867201[/snapback]

Depending on your league's setup, the Bills may actually be pretty solid. They've been touted as the #3 defense in the Huddle's mock drafts. They should be there for you in the 10th in a typical 10-team league.

The Bills led the NFL with 39 takeaways and 10 TDs on defense and special teams. That sort of stuff doesn’t always repeat from year to year, but there’s no mistaking the fact that this is a solid group.

I have them ranked at 3.

As a Bills homer Im taking them if I can get em. Problem is, theyre pretty f-in bad this year. I hope theyre there in the 10th or so

867201[/snapback]

Also a Bills homer. Nice to see there's more in the huddle.

What makes you think they're bad this year?

They have a very solid D... ended 2nd total in the last 2 seasons

and have had no changes really other than losing Pat Williams

and moving Vincent to safety. :D

Baltimore has got to be the #1 Def IMHO. I am surprised that the Lions are ranked at #25 in the huddles rankings. Not that I think they are the best but I do think that they are a lot higher than #25. They were not bad last year and were on the field a lot because the offense sputtered. They added K. Kennedy, RW McQuarters, they get Boss Baily back and added Shaun Cody and resigned james Hall. I think that they could be a good sleeper this year. Of course I am a little biased.

The absolute earliest, unless you have some crazy-assed scoring, that a defense should be taken is the 8th or 9th round.

867244[/snapback]

Agreed. I like the Ravens D at that point.

Baltimore goes 1st.  Probably as early as the 6th or so.  Then, any of four or five defenses start dropping in the 8th.  Buffalo, Eagles, Carolina, Pitt start to go at that point.

867785[/snapback]

What about the Pats D??

867201[/snapback]

All depends on your scoring system. If the DEF recieves significant pts where the top 2 or 3 end up putting weekly numbers that rank them in the top 50 then it would warrant the top DEF being selected in rounds 5 thourgh 7. I.E. in my leauge DEF get 6 pts for TDs, 3 pts for fumble recoverys and picks, 2 pts for sacks, etc. and the top 4 DEF go in rounds 6 through 7. In my league last year BUF ranked 17th in total points as compared to all other players.

Also a Bills homer. Nice to see there's more in the huddle.

What makes you think they're bad this year?

They have a very solid D... ended 2nd total in the last 2 seasons

and have had no changes really other than losing Pat Williams

and moving Vincent to safety.  :D

867789[/snapback]

haha

my bad man...I meant bad as in fan-fliping-tastic! haha

I want them on my team in a bad way this year. If I were a gambler Id bet money on them being the number 1 D this year.

Baltimore has got to be the #1 Def IMHO.  I am surprised that the Lions are ranked at #25 in the huddles rankings.  Not that I think they are the best but I do think that they are a lot higher than #25.  They were not bad last year and were on the field a lot because the offense sputtered.  They added K. Kennedy, RW McQuarters, they get Boss Baily back and added Shaun Cody and resigned james Hall.  I think that they could be a good sleeper this year.  Of course I am a little biased.

867795[/snapback]

Didnt they lose their stud returner they had last year? Dont remember his name, but he ran back a lot of kicks for TDs.

Didnt they lose their stud returner they had last year? Dont remember his name, but he ran back a lot of kicks for TDs.

868866[/snapback]

They didn't lose him, he was injured. The name is Drummond.