[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the next LT2?

3WZ

Um, a former 1500 yard back who had 4 straight 1,000 yard rushing seasons has more to prove than a rookie back who was never even a featured ballcarrier in college????

868315[/snapback]

Um, a guy who's failed multiple drug tests and then quit on his teamates, leaving them to endure a miserable season resulting in the firing of their coach so that he go smoke pot in Asia has less to prove than the top-ranked RB in the NFL draft???

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, a former 1500 yard back who had 4 straight 1,000 yard rushing seasons has more to prove than a rookie back who was never even a featured ballcarrier in college????

868315[/snapback]

Unless I was reading the Enquirer, Rick wasn't the featured ballcarrier for the Fins last year. He was the featured bong carrier. Furthermore, the rookie hasn't had an opportunity to let his team down just yet, unlike the Rick, who announced a few weeks before his Grateful Dead tour that he was dedicating himself to getting ready for the upcoming season. He then promptly failed a drug test (again, and, by the way, Brown didn't fail his) and then quit rather than live up to his mistake and take his lumps like a man. So, he goes to Asia and then applies for reinstatement when his cashflow gets a little low or because one of his children needs more money.

Yeah, he's the picture of constancy. I can see why you'd trust him. :doah:

Edited by Ruffian

Um, a guy who's failed multiple drug tests and then quit on his teamates, leaving them to endure a miserable season resulting in the firing of their coach so that he go smoke pot in Asia has less to prove than the top-ranked RB in the NFL draft???

868333[/snapback]

I didn't have him as the top ranked runningback. Where did you get that??

868333[/snapback]

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-o.

I didn't have him as the top ranked runningback.  Where did you get that??

868338[/snapback]

Brown was the top RB taken in the 2005 NFL draft, selected by the Miami Dolphins with the #2 pick.

Go study up - or go play chess - you're out of your league here.

I didn't have him as the top ranked runningback.  Where did you get that??

868338[/snapback]

Rankings are subjective, but he WAS the first RB taken.

Unless I was reading the Enquirer, Rick wasn't the featured ballcarrier for the Fins last year. He was the featured bong carrier. Furthermore, the rookie hasn't had an opportunity to let his team down just yet, unlike the Rick, who announced a few weeks before his Grateful Dead tour that he was dedicating himself to getting ready for the upcoming season. He then promptly failed a drug test (again, and, by the way, Brown didn't fail his) and then quit rather than live up to his mistake and take his lumps like a man. So, he goes to Asia and then applies for reinstatement when his cashflow gets a little low or because one of his children needs more money.

Yeah, he's the picture of constancy. I can see why you'd trust him.  :doah:

868337[/snapback]

Fact of the matter is (as Stephen A. Smith likes to say) Ricky Williams has carried the load before, and done quite well.

Ronnie Brown has NEVER been the main ballcarrier on a NFL or college team. He has ALWAYS played second fiddle which, to my understanding, is alot easier to play than the conductor that Williams has always played.

Both Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams were WAAAAAAY overvalued in this years draft, IMO, but at least Cadillac was a featured back in college. In my mind, the credit for their success has to go not to them, but to the Auburn offensive line.

Ronnie Brown will be a HUGE bust in the NFL. Ricky Williams hasn't been a model of consistency at all in his personal life, but at least he has done SOMETHING as a feature back in recent years.

Anybody who drafts Ronnie Brown expecting big things will be greatly dissapointed. Fair warning given by Chessmaster; avoid this schlub like the plague.

I'm going to get bashed big time for this one, but I'd have to say Chris Brown.

If Brown didn't have the injury concerns, he would be a top 5 selection. The stats, yards, and ability he showed last year was amazing. He showed vision and burst that I thought was almost unfair at times. He showed it nationwide on the Monday night game vs. Green Bay with 27-148-2TD.

Barring injury, Brown could be a fantasy monster this year. The team doesn't have a ton of talent, but McNair, Bennett, and Troupe should at least keep the opposing defenses honest.

Let the nut-kicking begin!  :D

868056[/snapback]

Sorry but I fail to see the logic here: "If Brown didn't have the injury concerns...", since he DOES have injury concerns. Plenty of them. He runs far too upright, and is extremely tall for a NFL RB. Bad O-line, to boot. I fail to see how Chris Brown can be considered the "next LT2".

Sure, he had a fantastic game on MNF against the Cheeseheads, but then again, who DIDN'T carve up that D last season?

If Brown were a Mike Tyson Punch-Out character, he'd be Glass Joe. He's on my avoid list, personally. But hey :D to each his own.

Sorry but I fail to see the logic here:  "If Brown didn't have the injury concerns...", since he DOES have injury concerns.  Plenty of them.  He runs far too upright, and is extremely tall for a NFL RB.  Bad O-line, to boot.  I fail to see how Chris Brown can be considered the "next LT2". 

Sure, he had a fantastic game on MNF against the Cheeseheads, but then again, who DIDN'T carve up that D last season?

If Brown were a Mike Tyson Punch-Out character, he'd be Glass Joe.  He's on my avoid list, personally.  But hey :D to each his own.

868376[/snapback]

As low as he is going, I think Chris Brown is a great value. Whether he can stay healthy is a question mark, but if he can (big if, but bear with me) his 4.9 yards per carry could easily give him 1500+ yards which would make him an elite fantasy runner.

I recently got Chris Brown at 3.08 in a 12 team dynasty draft, which in my mind is very good value for a 24 year old runner coming off a 1000 yard season in only 10 games of action. :D

As low as he is going, I think Chris Brown is a great value.  Whether he can stay healthy is a question mark, but if he can (big if, but bear with me) his 4.9 yards per carry could easily give him 1500+ yards which would make him an elite fantasy runner.

I recently got Chris Brown at 3.08 in a 12 team dynasty draft, which in my mind is very good value for a 24 year old runner coming off a 1000 yard season in only 10 games of action.  :D

868393[/snapback]

Since when did this discussion have anything to do with his value in a fantasy draft? The question was "who's the next LT2"?

:D

Since when did this discussion have anything to do with his value in a fantasy draft?  The question was "who's the next LT2"?

868396[/snapback]

A guy who gets 4.9 yards per carry and gained over 1000 yards in 10 games of action can't be considered as an elite running back in the future???

A guy who gets 4.9 yards per carry and gained over 1000 yards in 10 games of action can't be considered as an elite running back in the future???

868403[/snapback]

Please refer to post #35.

Please refer to post #35.

868412[/snapback]

i read that already.

Fred Taylor was thought to be fragile, and then he reeled off 48 consecutive starts or something like that. Chris Brown could easily do the same.

Edited by Chessmaster

i read that already.

Fred Taylor was thought to be fragile, and then he reeled off 48 consecutive starts or something like that.  Chris Brown could easily do the same.

868414[/snapback]

yea... hows Fred Taylor doin now by the way?

i read that already.

Fred Taylor was thought to be fragile, and then he reeled off 48 consecutive starts or something like that.  Chris Brown could easily do the same.

868414[/snapback]

868442[/snapback]

868442[/snapback]

Irrelevant. The fact is, Fred Taylor played 3 straight seasons of injury-free ball. Thats all it takes to be a possible #1 overall pick for a talent like Chris Brown.

Back to the topic at hand, I think LT2 has a couple of years left of being no. 1. By then, Faulk should be out of the picture and S. Jackson will be putting up Faulk 2002 numbers.

Back to the topic at hand, I think LT2 has a couple of years left of being no. 1.  By then, Faulk should be out of the picture and S. Jackson will be putting up Faulk 2002 numbers.

868476[/snapback]

Only if Martz remains in St. Louis. If Martz gets fired, which I think is likely, then who knows what system will be brought in and how effective the running attack will be?

Most likely Ronnie Brown.  Benson's receiving skills aren't on par with LT's.

868188[/snapback]

I'll agree with you there, and say with the exception of maybe Westbrook and DD, nobody has LT's receiving skills. Benson isn't a bad receiver, his problem is the Longhorns didn't throw to RB's very much. He averaged 9 yards per catch over his career at Texas. Ronnie has much more to prove than Benson. Benson has shown he can carry the load.

Only if Martz remains in St. Louis.  If Martz gets fired, which I think is likely, then who knows what system will be brought in and how effective the running attack will be?

868478[/snapback]

You can't ignore Steven Jackson though, no matter who the coach is they will use him as much as possible. The guy is a frigin beast.

Back to the topic at hand, I think LT2 has a couple of years left of being no. 1.  By then, Faulk should be out of the picture and S. Jackson will be putting up Faulk 2002 numbers.

868476[/snapback]

I've heard NFL "experts" say that Jackson doesn't have the "fire" to be a dominating force in the NFL. He certainly has skills - but does he have the desire? This season will be HUGH in determining whether or not he takes it to the next level.

I'd say Julius Jones.

A nice D in Dallas and Bledsoe at QB.  Run left, run right, run middle.

868225[/snapback]

Not likely with the lack of talent around him. Besides Witten who else does Dallas have to take the pressure off Jones. The WRs are average at best and old not to mention Bledsoe. The defense may set up a few opportunities but Jones will be the focal point and opposing defenses know that.