[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the next LT2?

3WZ

I'm going to get bashed big time for this one, but I'd have to say Chris Brown.

If Brown didn't have the injury concerns, he would be a top 5 selection. The stats, yards, and ability he showed last year was amazing. He showed vision and burst that I thought was almost unfair at times. He showed it nationwide on the Monday night game vs. Green Bay with 27-148-2TD.

Barring injury, Brown could be a fantasy monster this year. The team doesn't have a ton of talent, but McNair, Bennett, and Troupe should at least keep the opposing defenses honest.

Let the nut-kicking begin!  :D

868056[/snapback]

The guy was awful at short yardage.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brown didn't have the injury concerns, he would be a top 5 selection. The stats, yards, and ability he showed last year was amazing. He showed vision and burst that I thought was almost unfair at times. He showed it nationwide on the Monday night game vs. Green Bay with 27-148-2TD.

Barring injury, Brown could be a fantasy monster this year. The team doesn't have a ton of talent, but McNair, Bennett, and Troupe should at least keep the opposing defenses honest.

868056[/snapback]

Remember, he's still battling turf toe. When healthy, he dominated last year, but turf toe can linger for a season or two.

O brother.....

Look Tomlinson is probably on top of the heap at least 2 more seasons. It's about a 3 year reign.

Glad to see that Chris Brown still has some supporters out there besides me. Great value pick if he keeps it together.

Edited by rattsass

Fact of the matter is (as Stephen A. Smith likes to say) Ricky Williams has carried the load before, and done quite well.

Ronnie Brown has NEVER been the main ballcarrier on a NFL or college team.

868352[/snapback]

Yep, and that's why I agree that Ronnie Brown or ANY rookie has more to prove than Ricky Williams. At the very least, Ricky's an established, successful, workhorse NFL back.

That said, Ricky also has a lot to prove to whichever team he's traded to later this summer.

He may be a bust--no one can say just yet. But I know who was a bust last year--Uncle Ricky. He fails drug tests like it was his mission in life.

Here are links to Brown's combine results. I like his chances.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/combine.html

http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/interviews/RonnieBrown.php

I gotta say this is gonna be Ron Dayne's breakout year.

I really mean it this time. Dayne goes #1 next year.

868466[/snapback]

:D

I love it.

Yep, and that's why I agree that Ronnie Brown or ANY rookie has more to prove than Ricky Williams.  At the very least, Ricky's an established, successful, workhorse NFL back.

That said, Ricky also has a lot to prove to whichever team he's traded to later this summer.

868554[/snapback]

Ricky's career before the Cheech 'n' Chong bit was good. No question about it. But to throw away a season to star in "Bongsmoke" (or to avoid the penalty for smoking the herb) leads me to believe that his committment to being a great runner may be gone. I think Brown has less to prove simply because he IS a rookie. There will be a learning curve (although rookie RBs can have a much easier transition) and I certainly don't know that Brown will break any records, but there is no denying that he has talent. I think he's got a great opportunity to make a difference and be the featured back in Miami.

Ricky, on the other hand, will have to prove that he doesn't need the power of Mary Jane to get through the day. He has to prove that he can get himself back into football shape. He has to earn the respect of players that he abandoned to chase his habit. He has taken a year off--and a year off can be a benefit or it can be a detractor. He has to show that he can take the hits again (and you can bet he will get hit in camp). And, finally, Ricky has to show that he wants to play again (and not just because of debt) because if he doesn't completely commit himself to that team and becoming an impact contributor, this experiment will have the plug pulled quickly IMO.

Edited by Ruffian

Sorry but I fail to see the logic here: "If Brown didn't have the injury concerns...", since he DOES have injury concerns. Plenty of them. He runs far too upright, and is extremely tall for a NFL RB. Bad O-line, to boot. I fail to see how Chris Brown can be considered the "next LT2".

Sure, he had a fantastic game on MNF against the Cheeseheads, but then again, who DIDN'T carve up that D last season?

If Brown were a Mike Tyson Punch-Out character, he'd be Glass Joe. He's on my avoid list, personally. But hey  to each his own.

Very well put...Chris Brown should not be in this discussion at all...fine as a number two guy on a fantasy team, but no way he EVER dominates in the NFL...He DOES run far too upright and doesn't have the body for an NFL running back...

I like Kevin Jones's chances on becoming the next hugh stud...

or maybe Ciatrick Fason... :D

.... but no way he EVER dominates in the NFL...

868627[/snapback]

I have just become a Chris Brown fan.

Unlikely, maybe - no way EVER - big statement there.

He has all the talent. If he can stay healthy, granted - big if - but if he can stay healthy there is nothing stopping him.

You can do things to not get hurt. The ball can bounce your way on an issue like that. You cannot fake talent.

No oline, no wides? Sandi had a similar situation, except they did not have a QB either.

All the talent?

Is that why he sat behind Eddie George?

868641[/snapback]

you watch him last year?

guys who sit behind people suck, like that Alexander kid from Seattle

Edited by Duchess Jack

868056[/snapback]

Im a big Titans fan and this year we did keep 4 out of 5 linemen. That is one of the bright spots for us. Fisher has said Brown will be ready Week 1 after suffering turf toe last year and a broken right wrist this off season. I am hoping you are right about Brown. He just needs to stay healthy. That goes back to his days in Colorado. When he's healthy, he's a Top RB. The only other problem I see is if the Titans bring in Travis Henry. They are one of the teams in the mix for him. I personally hope we don't get him and let Brown run the show!

Henry to the Titans makes no sense. They have other needs and already have a back. Henry will want big money and is older than Brown. If the Titans were making a run of it - the depth makes sense....but they are rebuilding.

Sorry but I fail to see the logic here:  "If Brown didn't have the injury concerns...", since he DOES have injury concerns.  Plenty of them.  He runs far too upright, and is extremely tall for a NFL RB.  Bad O-line, to boot.  I fail to see how Chris Brown can be considered the "next LT2". 

Sure, he had a fantastic game on MNF against the Cheeseheads, but then again, who DIDN'T carve up that D last season?

If Brown were a Mike Tyson Punch-Out character, he'd be Glass Joe.  He's on my avoid list, personally.  But hey :D to each his own.

868376[/snapback]

HAHA I love when people talk and don't have any idea what they are talking about. The Titans have a bad O-line? Thats why they kept everyone except Fred Miller. Not to mention the 6-7 beast that was drafted 2nd round to take his spot. And Brown runs far too upright? Why don't you tell Eric Dickerson that. If you put film of Brown running, and Dickerson running, it's like a mirror image. Bottom line is he has to stay healthy. If he can, he'll be a top RB.

Henry to the Titans makes no sense.  They have other needs and already have a back.  Henry will want big money and is older than Brown.  If the Titans were making a run of it - the depth makes sense....but they are rebuilding.

868659[/snapback]

Yeah I don't think it makes sense either but the Titans and Jaguars are front runners right now. The Bills want a 3rd round pick for him and the Titans are only willing to give up a 4th. I say go to Jax, but I guess it's not my call :D

And Brown runs far too upright? Why don't you tell Eric Dickerson that. If you put film of Brown running, and Dickerson running, it's like a mirror image

So all running backs that run upright are as good as Dickerson?

please, we won't be talking about this guy in a few years...

HAHA I love when people talk and don't have any idea what they are talking about.  The Titans have a bad O-line?  Thats why they kept everyone except Fred Miller.  Not to mention the 6-7 beast that was drafted 2nd round to take his spot.  And Brown runs far too upright?  Why don't you tell Eric Dickerson that.  If you put film of Brown running, and Dickerson running, it's like a mirror image.  Bottom line is he has to stay healthy.  If he can, he'll be a top RB.

868669[/snapback]

You're a moran. Are you really comparing Dickerson to Brown? I love it when people talk and have no idea what they're talking about, too. Keep smokin' whatever you're smokin', junior.