[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Article: 10 AFC North players

loaf

(1) Kyle Boller, QB, Baltimore -- As Boller goes, so will the Ravens. Baltimore likes to tout Boller's improvement in his first and second seasons, but the bottom line is that his 70.9 rating last season put him dead last in the league. Boller's completion percentage of 55.6 is anemic in this quick-drop league, and his touchdown-to-interception ratio of 20-to-20 is what got Tim Couch run out of Cleveland. The Ravens believe in Boller, and they've surrounded him with talented receivers in Derrick Mason and first-round draft pick Mark Clayton. It's time for Boller to give defenses something to respect from Baltimore's offense other than the running of Jamal Lewis.

(2) Jim Fassel, offensive coordinator, Baltimore -- Brian Billick fired longtime coordinator Matt Cavanaugh after last season and hired his good friend Fassel to take over the offense. From afar, it's not hard to see the mandate given Fassel: Make Boller productive.

(3) Carson Palmer, QB, Cincinnati -- Much of the personal feeling that Cincinnati will be a better team this season is based on watching Palmer last year. In the first game against the Browns, he looked lost. In the second, he played extremely well (251 yards and four touchdowns). Palmer showed the growth that Boller did not, and if that continues, the Bengals may have something this season.

(4) Ed Reed, S, Baltimore -- Best player on the field for any division team last season. Period.

(5) Ray Lewis, MLB, Baltimore -- The switch back to the 4-3 defensive alignment puts Lewis back in the position he likes best. There have been some whispers that Lewis has lost something, but it hasn't stopped him from talking big this offseason -- and hinting he may ask for a new deal with an astronomical signing bonus. Bottom line: Lewis wasn't the best player on Baltimore's defense last season; Reed was. But there are a lot of teams in the league that would like to have Lewis lining up on their side.

(6) Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh -- Roethlisberger had a dream rookie season, with 17 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, a 98.1 rating and an appearance in the AFC Championship Game. In the offseason, he talked proudly about riding his motorcycle without a helmet and he said he had broken toes in the title game, a claim coach Bill Cowher disputed. If Roethlisberger's attitude is right, there's little not to like about him. But it's still hard to see him duplicating as a second-year player everything he did as a rookie.

(7) Antwaan Randle El, WR, Pittsburgh -- It's a long-standing tradition in Pittsburgh: A good player leaves via free agency, another really good player steps in to take his place. This offseason, Plaxico Burress went to the New York Giants. In steps Randle El.

(8) Samari Rolle, CB, Baltimore -- When healthy, Rolle has been as good as there is. So when Gary Baxter signed with the Browns, the Ravens gladly signed Rolle to take his place. If Rolle is healthy -- he missed the final four games last season with a knee injury -- he and Chris McAlister should be among the best pair of corners in the league.

(9) L.J. Shelton, Joe Andruzzi, Cosey Coleman, OL, Cleveland -- Group them all together because they represent the Browns' first legitimate effort to upgrade an offensive line that has needed upgrading since the team returned to the field in 1999. Ball control will help the Browns' defense this season; these three players will be key in maintaining ball control.

(10) Kellen Winslow, TE, Cleveland -- No, he won't play. But how he rehabs a knee injured in a motorcycle accident will determine his future -- and in many ways the future of the Browns. If the guy really is determined to come back as the ``best ever,'' as he said, he must lay the foundation this season.

(11) Others to watch: Cincinnati rookie WR Chris Henry, Baltimore WR Derrick Mason, Cleveland QB Trent Dilfer, Baltimore LB Terrell Suggs, Cincinnati RB Rudi Johnson, Cleveland DE Alvin McKinley.

Am I alone in thinking that Wilson will outperform Randal El?

868756[/snapback]

No, I think he will as well. Randle El may find himself specializing in PR if Gibson gets it together on the hop.

Am I alone in thinking that Wilson will outperform Randal El?

868756[/snapback]

I took him with the last pick in the 16th round of the 16th team mock :D

cause I think he'll be #2

(1) Kyle Boller, QB, Baltimore -- As Boller goes, so will the Ravens. Baltimore likes to tout Boller's improvement in his first and second seasons, but the bottom line is that his 70.9 rating last season put him dead last in the league. Boller's completion percentage of 55.6 is anemic in this quick-drop league, and his touchdown-to-interception ratio of 20-to-20 is what got Tim Couch run out of Cleveland. The Ravens believe in Boller, and they've surrounded him with talented receivers in Derrick Mason and first-round draft pick Mark Clayton. It's time for Boller to give defenses something to respect from Baltimore's offense other than the running of Jamal Lewis.

868720[/snapback]

I agree 100%. If I'm lucky he'll be the #2 QB on every one of my teams in 2005.