[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Timer

XFlash

I want to use a draft timer this season due to the recent move to IDP. There is concern that there will be considerable draft time going from 130 to 240 total players.

In the past we have used a chat room for online draft and were not strict with time limits (5 min). But with moving to IDP/ST, I feel the need for a draft timer is warranted.

The first 6 rounds ususally do not take up the limit of 5 min. So with adding IDPs I'm thinking maybe the 1st 12 rounds should finish before the max time.

It takes us avg 4 hours drafting 130 players, our league wants to finish in about the same time maybe 1 hour more for 240 players.

I'm curious to what some of you have for draft timer limits, especially those in fast drafts.

Thanks.

darn, our league drafts 260+ (IDP league) and we finish if roughly 4 hours. Usually less than. We usually allow about 2-3 minutes first 6-8 rounds. Then about 5 minutes for remaining rounds. Majority of us, have pre-selected/ranked our players before so that's the biggest reason we can finish under 4 hours (live draft @ local sports pub).

I for one hate timers for the draft. It's the one time of year you can get together with some buddies, have some beers, eat some pizza, etc... Some of these guys you see once a year. Why the rush to get through what is close to the greatest time of the year, not to mention the fantasy football season.

With that said, we are going to team theme songs and using that as a quasi-timer in the later rounds.

We use to do that when we were all local, but now we are spread across coas-to-coast.

I agree that it should not be rushed. My issues are a reaction to adding IDPs this year. I got them to agree, but they are still complaining that the draft will now be longer than in the past.

I'll probably go 3 mins for 1st 7 rounds and 5 mins the rest of the rounds.

Hopefully they have the issues fix for live drafting on MFL.

I really need to get all owners to complete their pre-select lists.

We use to do that when we were all local, but now we are spread across coas-to-coast.

I agree that it should not be rushed.  My issues are a reaction to adding IDPs this year.  I got them to agree, but they are still complaining that the draft will now be longer than in the past.

I'll probably go 3 mins for 1st 7 rounds and 5 mins the rest of the rounds.

Hopefully they have the issues fix for live drafting on MFL.

I really need to get all owners to complete their pre-select lists.

869764[/snapback]

Having it online does create a different problem. What happens if the time expires? Does the CPU auto-select or do you then go to the next team and so on like the NFL draft?

The website will go to a pre-select list from the owner, then when that is exhausted, it will go to a draft tracker page. (According to MFL, I have not tested the live draft yet).

It is a nice feature to have, if owner goes over on time limit it will use that owners draft list to make a pick and move on to the next owner. Cuts down on the lag time if doing manually. No aruguing or crying for more time.

The website will go to a pre-select list from the owner, then when that is exhausted, it will go to a draft tracker page.  (According to MFL, I have not tested the live draft yet).

It is a nice feature to have, if owner goes over on time limit it will use that owners draft list to make a pick and move on to the next owner.  Cuts down on the lag time if doing manually.  No aruguing or crying for more time.

870076[/snapback]

I know about the preselects and using those. I just wondered if you could override the default to cpu rankings if an owner takes too long and their preselects are taken.