[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time for the Cards to fly?

PantherDave

...read Gil Brandts article at NFL.com, and it seems to me he thinks the Cards will take the NFC West because it's now DG's team. Now I will agree that the Cards should have one a few more games last year, but there will be only one play-off team from the NFC West this year-the division winner. The Cards may take the next step-maybe, but the division will be a three team race, with the 49er's being two wins for each team. DG does have the talent in place, but it may still be a year away.

...read Gil Brandts article at NFL.com, and it seems to me he thinks the Cards will take the NFC West because it's now DG's team. Now I will agree that the Cards should have one a few more games last year, but there will be only one  play-off  team from the NFC West this year-the division winner. The Cards may take the next step-maybe, but the division will be a three team race, with the 49er's being two wins for each team. DG does have the talent in place, but it may still be a year away.

869466[/snapback]

I haven't read Gil's column, but I think this depends wholly on 2 things

1) The play of arrington. The Cards have the Receiver talent. They are starting 3 first round picks, and all decent to good players. Their line is hefty and not bad. But can Arrington hit the hole?

2) The Warner/McCown factor. QB is a mess for these guys, and Warner was the wrong FA. Bledsoe or Frerotte maybe? I dunno. A trade for Brees would have been great, with Rivers entering year 2. That SD situation can't sit forever, and the Bolts know it. Warner licks monkey crack, and McCown will never do more than be okay, make some good plays, and f up just enough of them to offset the good ones.

Look Caveman, your wrong. I talked to the Monkey, and Warner licks his balls, not his crack.....

Seriously, I think the Cards have a shot at 2nd place in the division (Damm did I just say that) but I don't believe they will make it over the hump until next year.

They are seriously building a decent team, the likes the desert as never seen before. Now as long as the Bidwells don't screw with it......

McCown appeared to at least be competent last year; Warner's magic days are behind him, but he did fairly well shepherding a middlin' Giants offense last year.

My main concern is with their D.

McCown appeared to at least be competent last year; Warner's magic days are behind him, but he did fairly well shepherding a middlin' Giants offense last year.

My main concern is with their D.

871071[/snapback]

I think that they could be very good if McCown made any progress this offseason. He has some excellent options around him (Boldin, Fitz, and perhaps the Arrington kid). Defensively I think they will be decent as well. Much depends upon young McCown and his ability not to flub games in which his club is in contention of winning.