[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No more tailgating in Indy

Piranha

LOL, I was going to post this, but then I figured nobody would care. Tailgating ain't the greatest overall here in Indy, but the South Lot is where it's at. Now, who knows what will happen. There is plenty of parking in downtown Indy, (I usually park on the street for free on game day) but not a big area to party in. Certainly nothing like what I witnessed in KC. The die-hards will come up with something. They always do.

I'd imagine that the area that the RCA Dome now occupies will become the new tailgating area after the new stadium is built.

While there are a couple hardcore people in the South Lot on game day (the guys who have the Colts school bus are particularly fun to party with), I agree with Hook that it's not really all that. Plus, most Colts fans will agree that losing a place to tailgate for a couple years will be more than offset by the new stadium.

I'd imagine that the area that the RCA Dome now occupies will become the new tailgating area after the new stadium is built.

872006[/snapback]

Actually, the convention center is going to be expanded into the area the RCA Dome is now located. Part of the main selling point in raising taxes was that the money would go to enlarge and improve the Convention Center, which had become outdated. Indy was losing some of it's larger conventions because they needed more room.

Actually, the convention center is going to be expanded into the area the RCA Dome is now located.  Part of the main selling point in raising taxes was that the money would go to enlarge and improve the Convention Center, which had become outdated.  Indy was losing some of it's larger conventions because they needed more room.

872061[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, as the South Lot alone isn't really enough room for a convention center. Fortunately, the south side of Indy is full of many run-down buildings and factories that the city could buy for additional parking/tailgating.

This year might be my last chance to see a Colts game in person for a while, as my job will be re-locating to Oregon in the Spring. Unlike the Texans, there's no guarantee that the Colts will be playing in Seattle then. Thank God for the Sunday Ticket.

Just had a tailgating vision epiphany:

You know how we now have the technology to build stadiums with retractable fields (basically depending on the event the apropriate field which is next to the stadium rolls into the stadium, while the field presently in the stadium rolls out). I beleive the first plans for the Jets staidum in NY included this technology (later nixed).

All right how about this then: A parking lot INSIDE the stadium. On the field. You get to tailgate in the area where the game will be played! 45 minutes before kick off the parking lot like surface gets wheeled outside the stadium while grass gets rolled inside. You stay around your car for the very slow ride to the outside of the stadium.

Sure this would be more expensive to build, but who wouldn't pay an extra 100$ to get to see the stadium from the players vantage point. Since it would clearly be smaller than the whole parking lot needed, this would be premium parking space. So those who wouldn't want to pay extra don't have to.

OK

Who is with me?

I'm sorry, but that is about as brilliant a thought as I'm going tohave in the next three months.... :D

You know how we now have the technology to build stadiums with retractable fields (basically depending on the event the apropriate field which is next to the stadium rolls into the stadium, while the field presently in the stadium rolls out).  I beleive the first plans for the Jets staidum in NY included this technology (later nixed).

872929[/snapback]

I thought that the field for the Cardinals proposed new stadium was going to use a field that was going to roll out for the grass to grow. :D

You know how we now have the technology to build stadiums with retractable fields (basically depending on the event the apropriate field which is next to the stadium rolls into the stadium, while the field presently in the stadium rolls out).  I beleive the first plans for the Jets staidum in NY included this technology (later nixed).

All right how about this then: A parking lot INSIDE the stadium.  On the field.  You get to tailgate in the area where the game will be played!  45 minutes before kick off the parking lot like surface gets wheeled outside the stadium while grass gets rolled inside.  You stay around your car for the very slow ride to the outside of the stadium.

Sure this would be more expensive to build, but who wouldn't pay an extra 100$ to get to see the stadium from the players vantage point.  Since it would clearly be smaller than the whole parking lot needed, this would be premium parking space.  So those who wouldn't want to pay extra don't have to.

OK

Who is with me?

I'm sorry, but that is about as brilliant a thought as I'm going tohave in the next three months.... :D

872929[/snapback]

We now know why the French havent invented anything since pasterurized milk...

Hey Hook, Swerski. Where can a Baltimore fan go to roast hot dogs over a burning Robert Irsay effigy now? :D

So it sounds like the stadium is going to happen, congrats. I kind of (not really) miss Memorial Stadium here in Baltimore. Always thought it 'cute' that the stadium happen to be in the shape of a horseshoe.

All right how about this then: A parking lot INSIDE the stadium.  On the field.  You get to tailgate in the area where the game will be played!  45 minutes before kick off the parking lot like surface gets wheeled outside the stadium while grass gets rolled inside.  You stay around your car for the very slow ride to the outside of the stadium.

Sure this would be more expensive to build, but who wouldn't pay an extra 100$ to get to see the stadium from the players vantage point.  Since it would clearly be smaller than the whole parking lot needed, this would be premium parking space.  So those who wouldn't want to pay extra don't have to.

OK

Who is with me?

872929[/snapback]

Awsome stadium. This will be used during the 2006 Fifa World Cup, so I'm sure they'll have it on TV next year some time.

I guess since the field comes out, it would not be too difficult to have a 2nd floor come in from the other end.

http://www.sportsvenue-technology.com/proj...ena_auf_shalke/