[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hawks looking to trade with Browns for...

Vote Quimby2

Seahawks interested in Browns' Davis?

<Jul. 7> ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Browns have had discussions with Seattle about a possibel trade for WR Davis, who missed more than half of last season with a toe injury.

Seattle needs a replacement for the discarded Koren Robinson in the vertical passing game, and the Browns might have a surplus of receivers with Dennis Northcutt, Antonio Bryant and top draft pick Braylon Edwards.

Sounds good to me. Guy has to be faster than anyone else currently on the team at wr. Wonder who or what they would offer :D

<Jul. 7> ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Browns have had discussions with Seattle about a possibel trade for WR Davis, who missed more than half of last season with a toe injury.

Seattle needs a replacement for the discarded Koren Robinson in the vertical passing game, and the Browns might have a surplus of receivers with Dennis Northcutt, Antonio Bryant and top draft pick Braylon Edwards.

Sounds good to me. Guy has to be faster than anyone else currently on the team at wr. Wonder who or what they would offer  :D

870397[/snapback]

Yeah, I read that today as well. 5th round pick?

Having watched Davis a couple times in Bengls/Browns games, I think that could be a good move for Seattle. He was coming along OK before getting injured last year. I think we could have seen the "3rd year breakout year" from him. He was on pace for about 900/5 on an offense that was just garbage with a lame duck coach and front office in shambles.

If he's really healthy, he's got some wheels. Nice productive 6-1/200 lbs size too.

A 5th round pick, are you kidding me? Davis is worth at least a third round pick. The Browns should play hardball and at least ask for a third or higher or else keep him. Edwards, Northcutt, Bryant and Davis is not a bad 4-wideout set. Even Dilfer couldn't screw that up.

A 5th round pick, are you kidding me?  Davis is worth at least a third round pick. 

871200[/snapback]

You are nuts. If they get more than a 4th or 5th rounder, someone needs to test Holmgren for senility. And not because Andre Davis isn't potentially a very good WR, but because he's not proven it yet.

You are nuts.  If they get more than a 4th or 5th rounder, someone needs to test Holmgren for senility.  And not because Andre Davis isn't potentially a very good WR, but because he's not proven it yet.

871376[/snapback]

Without knowing what the salary cap implications are for the Browns, I would say they don't NEED to get rid of Davis, thus giving them the bargaining advantage. And considering the malcontents that are/were on that Browns team, I don't think I ever heard a negative thing about Davis. He was, I believe, a second round pick after all.

When it really comes down to it, I just don't like the Seahawks. :D

Having watched Davis a couple times in Bengls/Browns games, I think that could be a good move for Seattle.  He was coming along OK before getting injured last year.  I think we could have seen the "3rd year breakout year" from him. He was on pace for about 900/5 on an offense that was just garbage with a lame duck coach and front office in shambles. 

If he's really healthy, he's got some wheels.  Nice productive 6-1/200 lbs size too.

870920[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more, the guy's got some game. I loved watching him at Va Tech. The guy saved his best performances for the biggest games, but he was solid every week.

Why not?  Let's see how many WR's the Hawks can sign off other teams' benches.

Notice to all NFL Wideouts!  If you're not good enough to start in places like Cleveland, New Orleans, or Tampa..... Come to Seattle!!!

870558[/snapback]

-Yeah, Horn sucks.

871714[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he was talking about J. Pathon from the Saints, not Horn. The Hawks now have WRs from N.O. and Tampa and maybe Cleveland.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about J. Pathon from the Saints, not Horn.  The Hawks now have WRs from N.O. and Tampa and maybe Cleveland.

871722[/snapback]

Swampnuts also said that if you're not good enought to start, Joe Horn starts for the Saints.

Swampnuts also said that if you're not good enought to start, Joe Horn starts for the Saints.

871728[/snapback]

True dat JJ, I think someone just has their Haslett panties in a bunch :D

Sounds good to me. Guy has to be faster than anyone else currently on the team at wr. Wonder who or what they would offer  :D

870397[/snapback]

Seattle needs WRs who can catch the ball... not speed.

Andre Davis was supposed to be the final receiver that the Browns would ever need to pick in a draft for awhile.  Looks like not many of those recent receivers have worked out up to now anyway.

871764[/snapback]

The guy got hurt last season, does this mean he's worthless?

The guy got hurt last season, does this mean he's worthless?

871771[/snapback]

No he isn't worthless. But why would the Browns give up on him and not the other receivers that they picked in the years ahead of him. When at the time that the Browns picked him, they were advertising that he was going to be "the guy" after the previous "guys" didn't work out.

I would keep him before the others.

No he isn't worthless.  But why would the Browns give up on him and not the other receivers that they picked in the years ahead of him.  When at the time that the Browns picked him, they were advertising that he was going to be "the guy" after the previous "guys" didn't work out.

871779[/snapback]

Whenever there is a coaching change, anything that was said or done by the previous coaching regime is null and void. So, the previous regime very well thought Davis was "the guy", and because the new coaching staff doesn't think that doesn't indicate any fault on Davis' part at all. He could still be very sucessfull in Seattle if he is traded there.

Whenever there is a coaching change, anything that was said or done by the previous coaching regime is null and void.  So, the previous regime very well thought Davis was "the guy", and because the new coaching staff doesn't think that doesn't indicate any fault on Davis' part at all.  He could still be very sucessfull in Seattle if he is traded there.

871787[/snapback]

Good point about the coaching change. But I'm not down on Davis at all. If I had a choice to take one receiver away from that team, it would be Davis.

No he isn't worthless.  But why would the Browns give up on him and not the other receivers that they picked in the years ahead of him.  When at the time that the Browns picked him, they were advertising that he was going to be "the guy" after the previous "guys" didn't work out.

871779[/snapback]

what others? Dennis Northcutt? He's about all that's left that we drafted. And the Coaching staff is real high on Northcutt (for whatever reason). Antonio Bryant? I would part with him before Andre Davis. But Seattle sees what everyone sees, that Andre is worth it and not the others, otherwise, wouldn't they have inquired about those guys?