[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATTN: JAX homers

vansmack32

from Jaguars.com's Senior Editor...

full article

(On Fred Taylor)

"...It is the number one issue confronting this team as it turns out of spring and into summer. Del Rio maintains that Taylor's knee rehab is on-schedule, but we can't really know for sure until Taylor tests that knee in live action.

Del Rio said on Wednesday that Taylor will increase his level of activity in July and that he will be monitored. That's another way of saying the Jaguars will make a decision on whether or not to look for another running back.

We're talking about a potentially critical decision. We know about Travis Henry's availability. At what point do you pull the trigger on a trade? We may find out...."

Del Rio is being very mum about it, heck they lied about it earlier. His status will not likely be known until training camp, if not later. That's pretty late in the game considering normal Fantasy timelines.

I just can't see Jax not making a move if Taylor is going to miss a significant part of the season. Henry makes the most sense in that scenario. They need to get Henry in during camp if he is going to be effective.

Fantasy wise, I hope Henry goes to JAX, It takes a fantasy wasteland at the RB position and gives us owners another viable starting RB in the mix.

Send him to TEN, and he'll sit (and complain). Del Rio needs to pull the trigger. How many third rounders every year across the league turn out to be busts? Why not spend a third on a proven player that you can use????

Edited by Swampnuts

Fantasy wise, I hope Henry goes to JAX, It takes a fantasy wasteland at the RB position and gives us owners another viable starting RB in the mix.

Send him to TEN, and he'll sit (and complain). Del Rio needs to pull the trigger. How many third rounders every year across the league turn out to be busts? Why not spend a third on a proven player that you can use????

870469[/snapback]

Agreed. And unlike Chris Brown in Tennessee, Travis Henry is younger and likely has more mileage left than Fred Taylor. Tennessee has no use for an older backup like Henry when it will cost them the young depth that a 3rd rounder can provide.

Edited by Chessmaster

870469[/snapback]

Henry has shown he won't be happy as a backup. i think that's why teams may be reluctant to bring him in as one. so unless taylor is a definite no go, they may not pull the trigger

good points, and good info

agree that JAX won't go for him unless it's probable that he'll start, but they do need to make a call on fragile freddy ASAP so that Henry would have camp time if he's coming in.

870586[/snapback]

The real skinny on Travis Henry is Bills once again not playing it straight. Both Jags & Titans would offer the #3 pick in a heartbeat BUT the 3 is conditional, meaning if Henry does anything at all the 3 becomes a 2. Too High for Henry?

The real skinny on Travis Henry is Bills once again not playing it straight. Both Jags & Titans would offer the #3 pick in a heartbeat BUT the 3 is conditional, meaning if Henry does anything at all the 3 becomes a 2. Too High for Henry?

870891[/snapback]

Way too high. If I were the Jaguars GM, I offer a 3rd rounder for Henry, not a conditional 3rd rounder. The Jags can be a contending team this year, so it is worth it for them'

If I'm the Titans GM, even a non-conditional 3rd rounder is too high. I offer MAYBE a 4th rounder, but maybe not even that. The Titans have little chance to contend, and need all their draft picks to rebuild.

So, it's the Jags or nothing for the Bills if they want a 3rd rounder or higher.

I agree that 3 conditional too high also.. Why aren't the Jags pursuing Alexander. Seahawks are hoping for 2 but probably would take strong 3. Or maybe they are not really serious about trading Alexander..

870943[/snapback]

This really makes a lot of sense, and I really do believe that the Hawks and SA are working on, or trying to, a long term deal.

That being said, if I were Jax, I've just spent a fourth-round pick on Pearman and if I think he can play I might be reluctant to trade for anyone unless I can unload Fragile Freddie's contract, which only a team nowhere near contention with plenty of cap space would take. This doesn't fit the Bills or Hawks. They're walking a fine line here.

Henry ain't going to Jax, he is a nobody.

I don't see alexander there either, but I would love to see it.

Jax has some young, unknown talent waiting... remember freddies first carry in the NFL? I do.

Fred had some ghosts, but that was some time ago. If he is able, he will perform. I wouldn't want to draft him early, but in a keeper league, I wouldn't let him go.

I thought I read somewhere that Henry has some sort of degenerative leg (or knee?) condition that was scaring teams off. Was I wrong? Or was I right that this was reported (or speculated?) somewhere and it turned out to be bogus?

Our resident trainer, Phil, pretty much discounted those reports about Henry's knee, saying that most players have the condition and that it shouldn't be a concern. That was in a thread right around the same time he joined the Huddle staff.