[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

THE BEST WAY TO JUDGE A TRADE?

Undefeated72

Ok every year there are trades...Every year we have to judge whether or not they are fair and who got the best of the trade...In order of importance how do you judge? There are so many factors involved..

Where each player was drafted

Who is on the rise

Who is ready to fall

Average points

For example...Last year you could have traded for Julius Jones or Kevin Jones for a 3rd round draft choice and it would have been a fair trade....However before they produced most players would have said it was an unfair trade...So how do you judge...

Looks like nobody else Knows either..lol

870862[/snapback]

Go with your gut, for the most part. Whether a guy later plays up to his trade value in an earlier voided trade is irrelevant, you can't play monday morning QB on trades. Just go with your gut, if it seems even close to fair, let it through.

I doesn't matter if a trade is fair. As commissioner of my homer league, I can care less if a trade is fair. When I trade I try to make it as unfair to the opposing team as possible. The only way to knock a trade down is if you can prove collusion, and that in and of itself is a hard thing to prove unless you have direct knowledge.

I doesn't matter if a trade is fair. As commissioner of my homer league, I can care less if a trade is fair. When I trade I try to make it as unfair to the opposing team as possible. The only way to knock a trade down is if you can prove collusion, and that in and of itself is a hard thing to prove unless you have direct knowledge.

870870[/snapback]

great response ... and we should admit it, we DO try to make the trade as unfair as possible, with me getting the most of it. Also, what is fair is in the eye of the trader, so I hate it when someone cries foul becuase one side is .3458% better than the other ... :D There is more to a good owners plans, thoughts, etc. than the pure numbers of a given year.

If both are sane, and there is no colusoin, it is hard to say anything is "unfair"

Best way to judge a trade? If it helps your team shore up a need area without crippling another, it was probably a good trade. Any trade has potential to blow up in your face; if you can look back and say "knowing what I knew at the time, could I have possible expected that to happen?" and the answer is "no", you shouldn't kick yourself too hard if it happens.

Collusion = bad

Everything else = 99.99% ok

0.01% bad = really stupid owners that can't articulate their reasoning for a questionable trade, making 'the other guy' look like a tool to his leaguemates

"Grading" trades is practically impossible. Every owner has a different opinion on each player, so 'value' is completely relative. In my first trade in Dynasty Wars three years ago, I traded Marshall Faulk for Michael Vick, with a lot of other players and picks involved. I ended up including Kyle Boller as a throw-in, because I'd seen him play, knew he sucked, and was happy to get him off my roster. In the end, several people complained that the trade was lopsided. Everyone else in the league might have considered Boller "on the rise", but I didn't care about what the consensus value of Kyle Boller was, because I knew his ACTUAL value was next to nothing.

Plus, just like in real life, certain positions come at a premium. If you have more good WRs than you need, and you're trying to shore up your RB corps, you will have to give up more value than you get in order to do it, just because the the premium placed on running backs in today's FF scene. It's stupid, but it's true.

Bottom line: unless you can PROVE collusion, every trade that two owners agree upon is an okay trade.

Peace

policy

I'm with keg, Nick.... no shouting in the topic thread title! Last year we had to type N-F-L in the topics because the caps were locked out, to prevent screaming. We got the caps feature back.... but there's no garantee it will stay there if we start screaming again! Thanks.....

If collusion is possible, which is hard to prove, all trades go through. Like someone mentioned earlier, if you have quality owners, you should not have to worry. As lopsided as a trade may be at times, if it is what both owners want, it goes through. Basically no trades can be stopped if both owners agree to the trade. Someone may trade based on potential, for next year, for whatever. No stopping trades at all.