[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Know Preseason is a Joke

Jamal Running over linebackers

Boller throwing to Mason, Clayton, Heap

Ray Lewis running down RBs

Ed Reed running back TDs.

Of course, I'd like it more if it where week one against the Dolts.

871676[/snapback]

Dream on! :D

Don't get me wrong, I thing Brown and Benson have much more talent, but think Arrington is in the bes position this year to make an solid impact.

871233[/snapback]

This pushed my buttons a little bit (cause I a homer). I watch every televised Cal game and went to a couple home games (my father is a Cal alumni). Arrington is the real deal. This guy can run up the gut and has phenominal moves in space. What I notice about him mostly was that he is a patience runner and follows his blockers and lets the play develop. Then puts on his blazing speed and moves. Have any of you looked at his ridiculous stats from last year?

16-181, 3 TDs vs Air Force

16-177, 3 TDs vs New Mexico State

22-108, 1 TD vs Oregon State

21-112 vs USC (BSC Rank #1)

29-205, 2 TDs vs UCLA

24-135, 1TD vs Arizona

30-188, 1 TD vs Arizona State (BSC rank #19)

26-188, 1TD vs Oregon State

22-121, 1TD vs Washington

27-169, 1TD vs Stanford

31-261 vs Southern Mississippi

25-173, 1TD vs Texas Tech (BCS Rank #22)

OK....I feel better now....

Just thought of something else I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing this preseason:

I want to see how mini-me (Darren Sproles) can do against big-time NFL competition. If he can hold his own physically, as I think he can, he will have been a steal for the Chargers in the 5th round of the draft.

I want to see how Arrington fares. I have him ranked ahead of the other rooks, in a redraft league. He's in the best position to do well. I also want to see if Brandon Jacobs has any role at all this year. I think he could turn into Moe Williams type of back. From what I've heard he's not as talented as the other rook r/bs but they have said he looks very impressive so far. They say he stays low in his pads for someone so tall and he gets through the hole quick. I also heard he cuts while in full stride and has some pretty decent speed to the outside and in open field. I didn't think he had any real speed, as that was one of the knocks on him in the scouting reports. But, I guess they say all kinds if stuff just for the heck of it. It's preseason and anything you hear you have to take with a grain of salt. Like F.Taylor is just fine and his rehab is right on track.

Edited by jgcoach

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Titans' rookie WRs fare in a game situation. I've heard some good things from all of them, but I want to see how they perform in a game (even if it doesn't count).

I'd also like to see how Norm Chow's changes will affect the offense. With McNair healthy and in good shape, I'm waiting to see how well the offense can perform.

As a Hawks fan I'm interested in whether anyone of the veterians can catch a ball and interested in whether Hackett gets any playing time. Of course the D and Hamlin :D a few people....might not see much of that in pre-season though.

As far as the national scene:

Mike Williams

C Benson

Whether Boston will be healthy enough to play

How the Ricky W shakes out under Sabin

Mike Anderson whether he will play much

I could go on and on but those are just a few.

I want to see if Denver's new D-lineman are going to show anything.

I want to watch Minn. and see if Bennett actually makes it through a preseason healthy.

Ditto for C. Brown.

QB wise, I'm interested in seeing how Harrington looks, and if Collins and Moss are going to be as good as advertised.

I want to see how mini-me (Darren Sproles) can do against big-time NFL competition.  If he can hold his own physically, as I think he can, he will have been a steal for the Chargers in the 5th round of the draft.

871697[/snapback]

I also want to see if Sproles can work his magic on special teams and third down situations. The veteran players went on and on about what this guy showed in mini-camp!!! :D

I know he's just a rookie WR, but Vincent Jackson was also mentioned by the veterans as someone whose size, speed, and strength created matchup problems for the defensive backfield and linebackers. In one interview Donnie Edwards gave him praise also for his work ethic.

As a Vikings fan I am interested to see if our defende really has improved...doubt if we'll see much in the preseason but we should get an indication.

Also, very interested to see Troy Williamson catch a ball...we know he is fast but can he get open? AND what will the offense look like post Moss and Linehan.