[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry to be Traded?

StormChasers

Chessmaster:  I guess you know more than Floyd Reese,  who is one of the more respected GM's in this league.  Perhaps you could give up that Domino's Pizza gig and get a job in the NFL as a GM or personnel director.  Give it some thought.  Seriously....

871893[/snapback]

Has Floyd Reese traded for Henry yet???? NO. So, he could very well be thinking just like me.

I still believe they are doing this out of necessity. I think Taylors Knee is far worse than anyone knows. Why get Henry if they don't have to. Everyone knows Henry wants to start, do you think they want the headache if Taylor is ok to go? As far as their other backs are concerned, they know their personel better than we do. If they thought their backs were capable of taking over for Taylor, that's exactly what they'd be doing.

Chessmaster:  I guess you know more than Floyd Reese,  who is one of the more respected GM's in this league.  Perhaps you could give up that Domino's Pizza gig and get a job in the NFL as a GM or personnel director.  Give it some thought.  Seriously....

871893[/snapback]

Spain--what's your take on Volek? The injuries are a problem for McNair and Volek did a very good job last season filling in for him. Obviously, McNair is the starter. When is Volek's contract up? Will the Titans hang onto him or do you think he's going to try the free agent circuit? Volek is ready to play right now IMO and there may be a few teams who want a player like Volek who can step in and immediately play...

Has Floyd Reese traded for Henry yet???? NO.  So, he could very well be thinking just like me.

871895[/snapback]

He has publicly stated, numerous times, that Tennessee has been in negoiations with the Bills to acquire the services of Travis Henry. A deal was almost struck prior to the draft but Reese was only offering a 4th while the Bills wanted a 3rd rounder. All of that was well publicized by both sides. If you think the Titans arent interested in acquiring Henry then you are just ignorant and arent following this situation.

Spain--what's your take on Volek? The injuries are a problem for McNair and Volek did a very good job last season filling in for him. Obviously, McNair is the starter. When is Volek's contract up? Will the Titans hang onto him or do you think he's going to try the free agent circuit? Volek is ready to play right now IMO and there may be a few teams who want a player like Volek who can step in and immediately play...

871910[/snapback]

Volek was actually signed to a new deal prior to last season. He was a free agent and was aggressively courted by 3 or 4 teams, most notably by Buffalo and Atlanta. He decided to stay in Tennessee and remains under contract for 3 more years. He is a very good backup for McNair and proved again last year that he can play. He throws a very good deep ball. Very nice touch on the ball, smart guy, strong arm. He does tend to the hold the ball to long and takes sacks that are unnecessary. But he put up some absolutely incredible numbers last year including a stretch of 400 yard games! I am glad the Titans have him as their #2.

In terms of fantasy value, if McNair is your qb, you better handcuff Volek to him. McNair has suffered with a number of injuries over his career. This off season he had surgery that grafted bone from his hip and placed it on his sternum to correct a congenital defect. He seems to be good to go and has worked out harder than ever before. Air is about 25 pounds lighter and is ready to run with the ball like he used to. That is good for the Titans offense but will certainly put him in harms way. New OC Norm Chow has stated that his schemes are designed to protect McNair at all costs. But if he is running, the threat of injury will be there.

He has publicly stated, numerous times, that Tennessee has been in negoiations with the Bills to acquire the services of Travis Henry.  A deal was almost struck prior to the draft but Reese was only offering a 4th while the Bills wanted a 3rd rounder.  All of that was well publicized by both sides.  If you think the Titans arent interested in acquiring Henry then you are just ignorant and arent following this situation.

871983[/snapback]

Yea, a 4th rounder is the price I would expect a rebuilding team to pay for a good but aging runner like Henry. A third is just too high.

In terms of fantasy value, if McNair is your qb, you better handcuff Volek to him

871987[/snapback]

Agreed. Given McNair's injury situation, I'd grab Volek, especially in deeper dynasty leagues. The Titans did the right theing to sign Volke--he could be a very good starter in the not so distant future.

Yea, a 4th rounder is the price I would expect a rebuilding team to pay for a good but aging runner like Henry.  A third is just too high.

871988[/snapback]

So, you do think the Titans should attempt to trade for Henry, its just his value that you are quibbling about? I thought you were indicating in your earlier posts that the Titans shouldnt really make a run at Henry since they are in a rebuilding mode and he is an aging rb. Now you think they should trade a 4th rounder for him. Got it... :D

I have a question regarding Travis to Jax and Fred Taylor's contract status. I believe Taylor has a large contract. Fred is hurt, and possibly unavailable for a while. Would it be conceivable for Jax to release him if they are able to trade for Henry? Just curious what you all think.

I have a question regarding Travis to Jax and Fred Taylor's contract status. I believe Taylor has a large contract. Fred is hurt, and possibly unavailable for a while. Would it be conceivable for Jax to release him if they are able to trade for Henry? Just curious what you all think.

872685[/snapback]

I dont know the in and outs of cutting an injured player, but I know that Jax would have to negoiate some sort of injury settlement. Plus, Taylor is a very very good rb. Unless his injury is career threatening, i just cant see Jax just cutting him...

Taylor is one of the best RB's i've ever seen play. Period. Now if he could just get some goal line love...

871799[/snapback]

Yep, I concur!!!

So, you do think the Titans should attempt to trade for Henry, its just his value that you are quibbling about?  I thought you were indicating in your earlier posts that the Titans shouldnt really make a run at Henry since they are in a rebuilding mode and he is an aging rb.  Now you think they should trade a 4th rounder for him.  Got it... :D

872645[/snapback]

Well, I think if you are any team and you can get a back like Henry for a 4th rounder, you should do it.

Whether you should trade a 3rd rounder, much less a conditional 3rd rounder like is being discussed, depends on whether you are rebuilding (Titans) or contending (Jaguars). That is what I think.

Posted by Spain:

...Henry is very durable and has 3 or 4 productive years left, imo. The guy played with a broken leg for God sakes...

Is there anybody that knows what a football is that doesn't know that Travis Henry played with a broken leg?

The guy is a decent back who plays hurt. but let's not elevate him to God-like status just because he played hurt.

In 4 years in the league he has only had 2 seasons where he was even able to average better than 3.5 yds per carry. And he has only had one season where he was able to get more than 5 runs of 20+ yards.

Compare the guy to Fred Taylor. In 7 years Taylor has only averaged less than 4.6 yds per carry once and that year he had 3.9. And he has only had less than 8 carries of 20+ yds twice and those were both injury years.

So, for Gods sake let go of the idea that Travis Henry is a great RB simply because he played with a broken leg and recognize him for what he really is, a plodder at best. That's why it has been so hard for Buffalo to move him.

In fact the really funny part is that, because he is such a plodder it was hard to tell if the broken leg even slowed him down, because he's already slower than molasses in January.

If the Bills get a 3rd rd pick for him they will have stolen it.

Posted by Spain:

Is there anybody that knows what a football is that doesn't know that Travis Henry played with a broken leg?

The guy is a decent back who plays hurt. but let's not elevate him to God-like status just because he played hurt.

In 4 years in the league he has only had 2 seasons where he was even able to average better than 3.5 yds per carry. And he has only had one season where he was able to get more than 5 runs of 20+ yards.

Compare the guy to Fred Taylor. In 7 years Taylor has only averaged less than 4.6 yds per carry once and that year he had 3.9. And he has only had less than 8 carries of 20+ yds twice and those were both injury years.

So, for Gods sake let go of the idea that Travis Henry is a great RB simply because he played with a broken leg and recognize him for what he really is, a plodder at best. That's why it has been so hard for Buffalo to move him.

In fact the really funny part is that, because he is such a plodder it was hard to tell if the broken leg even slowed him down, because he's already slower than molasses in January.

If the Bills get a 3rd rd pick for him they will have stolen it.

873035[/snapback]

I definitely can see your arguement here. But the one thing that the Titans lack in their starting rb, durability, is a major component that Henry brings to the table. That is why I mentioned the broken leg. Chris Brown is brittle and his health is a very large concern for the Titans. Henry would provide a producitve, if not spectacular, backup for Brown. And if Brown gets hurt again, likely in my opinion, at least henry is willing to run out there and play no matter what. I have never suggested that Henry would be a starter with Brown healthy. And he wouldnt start over a healthy Freddy T either. But he definitely provides quality depth at the rb position...

I definitely can see your arguement here.  But the one thing that the Titans lack in their starting rb, durability, is a major component that Henry brings to the table.  That is why I mentioned the broken leg.  Chris Brown is brittle and his health is a very large concern for the Titans.  Henry would provide a producitve, if not spectacular, backup for Brown.  And if Brown gets hurt again, likely in my opinion, at least henry is willing to run out there and play no matter what.  I have never suggested that Henry would be a starter with Brown healthy.  And he wouldnt start over a healthy Freddy T either.  But he definitely provides quality depth at the rb position...

873043[/snapback]

I guess that's why the deal hasn't happened yet...Henry has no desire to be a backup..

I definitely can see your arguement here.  But the one thing that the Titans lack in their starting rb, durability, is a major component that Henry brings to the table.  That is why I mentioned the broken leg.  Chris Brown is brittle and his health is a very large concern for the Titans.  Henry would provide a producitve, if not spectacular, backup for Brown.  And if Brown gets hurt again, likely in my opinion, at least henry is willing to run out there and play no matter what.  I have never suggested that Henry would be a starter with Brown healthy.  And he wouldnt start over a healthy Freddy T either.  But he definitely provides quality depth at the rb position...

873043[/snapback]

Sorry for the outburst Spain. I agree with what you just said, i was just reacting to the broken leg reference because if anybody mentions Travis Henry for any reason somenody is going to say, "yeah buthe played with a broken leg" Now I agree that makes him tougher than 99% of the other people in the league but it doesn't make him better than he is. Obviously from your last post you agree but so many others don't.

Sorry for the outburst Spain. I agree with what you just said, i was just reacting to the broken leg reference because if anybody mentions Travis Henry for any reason somenody is going to say, "yeah buthe played with a broken leg" Now I agree that makes him tougher than 99% of the other people in the league but it doesn't make him better than he is. Obviously from your last post you agree but so many others don't.

873227[/snapback]

:whinyvoice: But, but, he played with a broken leg!:/whinyvoice:

Sorry jrick, couldn't resist! :D