[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

commentary from the edge

godtomsatan

Being that I've ripped the "Commentary from the Edge" column for a variety of reasons in the past, I would like to point out that the initial column in the series for '05 is quite good.

A lot of strong points to keep in mind on draft day.

I finally got around to reading this, and I'm not happy. :D No, not one bit. Why? I could have written this. Maybe not as well, but the same warnings that KR expressed about 9 of those 10 players I absolutely agree with. I want people to take Moss in the first round! Expecting a repeat from CPep is also a bad bet, IMHO. Now, as afar as which ONE player I don't agree with I will not divulge. There is only one piggy left in the barn, and he's going to stay there! :D

I finally got around to reading this, and I'm not happy.  :D  No, not one bit. Why? I could have written this. Maybe not as well, but the same warnings that KR expressed about 9 of those 10 players I absolutely agree with. I want people to take Moss in the first round! Expecting a repeat from CPep is also a bad bet, IMHO. Now, as afar as which ONE player I don't agree with I will not divulge. There is only one piggy left in the barn, and he's going to stay there!  :D

873655[/snapback]

One little column won't turn most Moss freaks away. I understand where you are coming from though. I hate to open up my head and let everyone peek inside. Especially people I play against. But hey, somebody has to write this stuff, and I wouldn't trust anyone else to do it!!!

I finally got around to reading this, and I'm not happy.  :D  No, not one bit. Why? I could have written this. Maybe not as well, but the same warnings that KR expressed about 9 of those 10 players I absolutely agree with. I want people to take Moss in the first round! Expecting a repeat from CPep is also a bad bet, IMHO. Now, as afar as which ONE player I don't agree with I will not divulge. There is only one piggy left in the barn, and he's going to stay there!  :D

873655[/snapback]

I have a couple of guesses on who that might be......but I'll keep my mouth shut for now. :D

I thought it was a good article. Well-written and entertaining. Sure, he made some pretty "safe" picks that likely reflect certain opinions commonly held by people who know the game. But he went out on a couple limbs (some longer than others) and backed up his conjecture with sound reasoning. I would have liked to see more empirical data to support KR's thought process, but that's a complaint I have with about 95% of all FF articles. So that's not really a slam on KR individually.

I thought it was a good article.  Well-written and entertaining.  Sure, he made some pretty "safe" picks that likely reflect certain opinions commonly held by people who know the game.  But he went out on a couple limbs (some longer than others) and backed up his conjecture with sound reasoning.  I would have liked to see more empirical data to support KR's thought process, but that's a complaint I have with about 95% of all FF articles.  So that's not really a slam on KR individually.

875411[/snapback]

I wouldn't consider the knocks on MaGahee or Green as being all that safe, considering I've seen thier ADP's at 5 and 10, respectively. A lot of people are gulping THAT kool aid, and I'm not one of them. I'm not sure that any warning about MaGahee can be done short of a two page article with a lot of empirical data and backup. We've had pages of threads on him alone for this year, and there is little consensus. For every analysis pro, there is another compelling con argument. antsports has Moss at an ADP of 17, so he has clearly dropped, as have several of the others on KR's list.

In an article format, I think it's impossible to provide really solid backup to lists like this. The forums usually (as long as the posters put the time in) do a better job debating any particular player's value. Articles are, and will remain primarilly opinions, without extensive substantiation.... nature of the beast.