[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will shine for the Home Front in 05

PantherDave

For the Panthers, on D I look for Peppers to have a monster year and make the step to the next level-elite. On O I look for Kerry Colbert to continue to improve from last year, and become more of a intergrated part of the passing game. I also think Freddie Jones still has some fire left, and the Panthers may be a great fit for him. Plus, the great question, can Foster last and play a 16 game schedule, so we can finally gauge his potential. I'm looking forward to finding out-so, how long till KO 2005?

For the Panthers, on D I look for Peppers to have a monster year and make the step to the next level-elite. On O I look for Kerry Colbert to continue to improve from last year, and become more of a intergrated part of the passing game. I also think Freddie Jones still has some fire left, and the Panthers may be a great fit for him. Plus, the great question, can Foster last and play a 16 game schedule, so we can finally gauge his potential. I'm looking forward to finding out-so, how long till KO 2005?

871892[/snapback]

Don't forget about Stevie-D and the fabulous three!!!!!

For the Steelers, I think it has to be Duce Staley. He came to Pittsburgh to be an every down back and the injuries really cut his production. I think he can still be a good player but if he doesn't get it done this year he may be finished. Ricardo Colclough has had one year to assimilate the defensive schemes. He needs to be a shut down corner on the defensive side of the ball. The Steelers have been able to hide the weakness in the secondary pretty well, but it is only a matter of time before they get blown up (see vs Oakland 2003) if they don't soon find someone back there who can close down a #1 receiver or take away the playmaking of possession WRs in nickel and dime matchups.

Edited by Ruffian

In Atlanta, it's the WR's.

A key factor will be that this is Vick's 2nd consecutive year in the same offensive game plan, with the same Coordinator(s).

Last years #1 pick, Michael Jenkins, is now ready for a full-time role. He was brought along slowly last year by design. Even with the little playing time he got, I saw good things. One play of his from last year that I specifically remember, was a nice shoe string catch while he was in full stride. When I say shoe string, I do mean shoe string. Ball couldn't have been more than one or two inches off the ground. He managed to sweep it up, keep his balance and continue on for another 10 YAC. Very nice body control. Word out of Flowery Branch is extremely positive for him to not only nail down one of the starting WR spots, but also excel at it. Coaches are really high on this kid's progress.

Price has been put on notice by the Coaching staff, that he is not guaranteed a starting WR spot. He has to either step up his play, or make room for the young guns. Now I'm not going to get into the Vick accuracy debate here. It's well documented that his accuracy leaves something to be desired. Putting that to the side, the focus and reason for Price being on WR probation, so to speak, is what he did with the passes that came his way, when they were on target. Too many times last year he would go on an out pattern, use his threat of speed to push the defender off, thus creating a decent cushion. But then he'd just turn and wait on the ball. Problem is that Atlanta' O'Line while performing admirably in the run block department, was not anywhere near as good in pass protection. 5 out of 10 times, you'd see Vick have to scramble out of the pocket to avoid a sack, before he could set and throw. This of course disrupted the timing of the throw by a couple of seconds. At this point, a WR needs to help his QB out a bit and work back to the ball. Even if the WR has initially created separation between himself and the DB, to a man, NFL level DB's can quickly make up that ground, given the chance. Unfortunately Price has a bad habit of allowing DB's to do just that. I can't tell you how many times I would watch Price just stand at the spot he'd broken his route off at, while watching Vick madly scramble, before flicking the pass to him. End result was pretty much always the same. The DB had the chance to recover and invariably was able get back to Price and bat the ball away. Price would slowly jog back to the huddle looking at his hands like he couldn't believe the ball wasn't there.

:D News Flash Doofus :D This is the NFL where players are faster. When the timing on a play is broken, help your QB out by working back to the ball.

Hopefully Price "Gets It" and is motivated to step up his play this year.

If not, look to the FalCANS #1 pick this year, Sharod "Roddy" White.

I honestly figure Mora will bring this kid along as he did Jenkins. Spend the 1st year with the kid just easing him in. Depending on whether or not Price steps up, or steps out, that may not be the case.

Check out the following;

"The 27th overall pick this year had been flying up the draft boards ever since his final collegiate game

The reason why he started under the radar was because White attended Alabama-Birmingham, a school known more for a men's basketball team.

But White finally got the shot he needed. Even though he was a two-time first-team All-Conference USA pick and the national leader in receiving yardage as a senior for Division I-A, it was a trip to the Hawaii Bowl at the conclusion of the 2004 season that put him on the map. A nationally televised game for the school's first-ever postseason contest was basically the start of White's NFL career.

White's final stats in the game: six catches for 113 yards and a touchdown in the first quarter in front of an ESPN audience. Thirty-two head coaches with their eyes glued to a TV set just saw an amazing performance.

At the team's first mini-camp, coaches and teammates were amazed at White's speed, agility and the way he didn't drop any passes. Apparently it didn't take long for White to get adjusted to the pro game."

Here's the full read if you're interested www.nfl.com

New Orleans Saints

Offense - Deuce McAllister is primed for his best season yet. Revamped O-line, a Haslett-avowed commitment to the run. Deuce should be a Top 3 back this year. :D

Defense - Charles Grant is a beast!

Edited by Big F'n Dave

Roddy White is a waste of space.

871964[/snapback]

My oh my, but that was some quality, excellent and in depth analysis there Chessmaster. :D

Do you, by any chance, happen to have something that is even the least bit useful or insightful, to contribute to this thread? :D

Or is the above, more of an an accurate barometer of what we can continue to expect from you, as far as the quality, depth, scope and substance of your posts. :D

Philadelphia Eagles

Offense: TE L.J. Smith - Smith no longer has ex-pro bowl TE Chad Lewis taking receptions away from him and is poised for a breakout season. He is one of the more athletic TEs in the game and will have his best year as a pro.

Defense: DE Jerome McDougle - The Eagle's moved up to get him in the 1st round of the 2003 draft. He has been a dissapointment thus far. Coming into camp healthy and staying in Philly to take part in the Eagle's offseason conditioning program shows his commitment. He knows he has opportunity this year to be the starting DE opposite Jevon Kearse now that Derrick Burgess is gone. If he stays healthy, expect 10+ sacks from McDougle this season.

My oh my, but that was some quality, excellent and in depth analysis there Chessmaster:D

Do you, by any chance, happen to have something that is even the least bit useful or insightful, to contribute to this thread?  :D

Or is the above, more of an an accurate barometer of what we can continue to expect from you, as far as the quality, depth, scope and substance of your posts.    :D

871980[/snapback]

I don't give credence to any arguments concerning wastes of space ::D

My oh my, but that was some quality, excellent and in depth analysis there Chessmaster:D

Do you, by any chance, happen to have something that is even the least bit useful or insightful, to contribute to this thread?  :D

Or is the above, more of an an accurate barometer of what we can continue to expect from you, as far as the quality, depth, scope and substance of your posts.    :D

871980[/snapback]

Carefule BS1, or the little tool will be challenging you to a "debate-off"... :D

FWIW, I hope your analysis is correct (grew up a Dallas fan - born there, but being down here 11 years you can't help but pick this team up) but I will not trust Rich McKay's offensive draftees until he builds a little bit of a track record with it. Jaquez Green, Shawn something (name escapes me - QB from Tulane), Reidell Anthony, I can go on here. The one reason I have a little hope for Jenkins is his size and additude. I'm not sure I trust the White pick, but that could be just 'cause it was out of nowhere.

Bears: Since they spent the #4 overall pick on him, I expect Cedric Benson to get a ton of carries and about 1,300 yds rushing. He will be aided by a healthy Grossman and a solid receiving option in Muhammad.

Colts: After serving his suspension for off-the-field stupidity, I see a healthy Mike Doss being big in both coverage and run support.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I asked you this;

871980[/snapback]

You replied with this;
I don't give credence to any arguments concerning wastes of space  ::D

871986[/snapback]

You have confirmed this;
The above, is an an accurate barometer of what we can continue to expect from you, as far as the quality, depth, scope and substance of your posts.    :D

871980[/snapback]

Note to self, ignore future Chessmaster posts.

Apparently expecting Chessmaster to be capable of bringing anything either useful or, substantial to the table, is an exercise in futility.

Be advised, watching the :D is more likely to provide greater fantasy football insight, than Chessmaster.

I asked you this;You replied with this;You have confirmed this; Note to self, ignore future Chessmaster posts.

Apparently expecting Chessmaster to be capable of bringing anything either useful or, substantial to the table, is an exercise in futility. 

Be advised, watching the  :D is more likely to provide greater fantasy football insight, than Chessmaster.

872024[/snapback]

:D

Chessmaster, the point is, you contribute nothing to this board with posts like this;

Roddy White is a waste of space.

871964[/snapback]

or this;
Don't forget about Stevie-D and the fabulous three!!!!!

871894[/snapback]

and especially this;
I have one that just happened today:

Apparently the Ravens are considering putting Jamal Lewis on the PUP list and not revealing their reasoning.  This is very annoying since owners heading into their draft won't know WHY Lewis is on that list, let alone when he will get off of it.

870828[/snapback]

After a fellow Huddler asks you for a :D, you follow the above with this;
I'm sure there is, but it's at footballguys.com somewhere and I don;t care to look.

871621[/snapback]

You tell us you read it over at FBG.

Well I read that thread too and the guy who started it, clearly headlined the very 1st post in the entire thread with "Jamal Lewis Might Go On PUP List".

In that 1st post of the thread, his quote further states,

"Ravens Insider reports RB Jamal Lewis (ankle) could begin training camp on the physically unable to perform list, though it doesn't mean he would be unavailable for the preseason or the regular-season opener" and

"Lewis was never allowed any post-op visits for his ankle (he had surgery in February) while in the pokey. Jamal has a lot of catching up to do and probably needs close monitoring when he is finally completely free on August 1st (which is 2 days after camp starts), hence the possible PUP list designation."

You putting out that first post on Lewis like you did, all the while knowing better, is just point blank, plain & simple, miss-information.

The sole intent of that post by you was designed to stir the pot.

That is just wrong man. :D

In the Henry trade thread MikesVikes says;

Taylor sits if he had the same injuries that Henry has played with.  This is not an opinion.

871795[/snapback]

To which you give this snappy retort;
Um, yes it is!!

871877[/snapback]

Then, still in the same thread, you grace us with this gem;
Taylor is hurt much worse than Brown is, for sure.

871879[/snapback]

Please enlighten me on the extent of Taylor's injury and how far along he is on his road to recovery ~ vs ~ Chris Brown's injury and how far along he is in his recovery Dr. Chessmaster.

Oh!......let me guess, you really don't know, that just your opinion.

Then, for whatever reason, you get into a peeing contest with another Huddler....over somebody else's post

What the heck was that all about :D

My advice to you, is to actually bring something useful to the Board.

Seriously, if you've got nothing original to contribute, why not just sit back and chill. Enjoy reading others posts and when you actually do have something original to contribute, by all means go ahead. But these snappy little one liners of yours, the deliberate miss-information posts and otherwise just dogging others posts, without ever contributing an original thought yourself, is going to quickly get you on this little thing called the ignore button.

Take the above however you want, but it is intended as a friendly FYI for you. :D

I will try to respond to that, but I'll probably mis a few parts since it is such an extended, overblown question.

Stevie-D and the fabulous 3= Stephen Davis (stevie-d), Eric Shelton, DeShaun Foster, Nick Goings (fabulous 3).

I hadn't actually read the thread at FBG; I had been told be a friend in one of my leagues that there was a thread at FBG about Lewis possibly going on the PUP list. I hadn't read the thread myself (couldn't find it) and thus was not aware it was misinformation, if it was.

The guy saying "Taylor sits if he has the injuries Henry has" is OBVIOUSLY an opinion, since there is no way to test that theory in the real world.

I believe that knee injuries where two ligaments are torn are much worse in severity than broken hands, especially for runningbacks. That is an opinion, though, I won't deny it.

And finally: Yes, Roddy White will prove to be a waste of space

Satisfied??? I certainly hope so. That's all you're going to get fishing like that, my friend.

Edited by Chessmaster

I hadn't actually read the thread at FBG; I had been told be a friend in one of my leagues that there was a thread at FBG about Lewis possibly going on the PUP list.  I hadn't read the thread myself (couldn't find it) and thus was not aware it was misinformation, if it was.

872260[/snapback]

So let me see if I've got this right Chessmaster.

You heard a story from a friend....about Lewis possibly going on the PUP list...supposedly in a message board thread that you couldn't find....never confirmed the validity of said story through other means.....but still posted it here? :D:D :doah:

Dude..... :D wasn't nearly enough for you.

You deserve a :D and a :D and a :D for that.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. There's this little button up top, both here and at FBG message boards, called "search".

Try it out sometime. :D

Oh!........on a side note to others.

With the above revelation from Chessmaster, I checked on the functionality of the "ignore" button. Haven't had to use it since OIA. I am glad to report that it's still fully operational. :D

Well, said friend was apparently ribbing me because I own Lewis in a dynasty league.  Trying to scare me in fact.

Whether you believe me or not, what I have said is the truth.  Now, go away.

872394[/snapback]

:D Chessmaster = Megan Fox Newbie

Well, said friend was apparently ribbing me because I own Lewis in a dynasty league.  Trying to scare me in fact.

Whether you believe me or not, what I have said is the truth.  Now, go away.

872394[/snapback]

OIA, is that you?