[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dark Horse candidates no one knows about..

Glabra

Call me a Buckeye homer, but mine would have to be Drew Carter of the Panthers. Obviously not draftable material; but with his combination of speed, size, hands and athletic ability, I'd love to stash him away on my bench mid-way through the season. He was easily the best out of a stable of solid receivers at Ohio State before getting injured, and has been getting rave reviews during Panthers' minicamp. If that knee can hold up, WATCH OUT! :D

Cole Magner WR Atlanta Falcons. From Alaska who went to Bowling Green and had an average at best career, but in the Motor City Bowl last year he was awesome. Magner set a game record for catches, finishing with 12 for 97 yards and two touchdowns. He dropped another TD in the endzone...it was a tough catch but he could have had it. He is 6-2 196 and average speed. He reminds me of McCaffery in some ways. So I will be looking for him in preseason. :D

Go Chris!!

Cole Magner WR Atlanta Falcons. From Alaska who went to Bowling Green and had an average at best career, but in the Motor City Bowl last year he was awesome. Magner set a game record for catches, finishing with 12 for 97 yards and two touchdowns.  He dropped another TD in the endzone...it was a tough catch but he could have had it.  He is 6-2 196 and average speed.  He reminds me of McCaffery in some ways.  So I will be looking for him in preseason. :D

Go Chris!!

872805[/snapback]

UConn beat Toledo 39-10 in the Motor City Bowl last year. Must have been a different bowl game. I'll take your word for it on the stats, and the drops.

Speaking of UConn - how about Dan Orlovsky as a darkhorse? Currently 3rd on the Lions depth chart at QB. But let's face it, Joey Harrington and Jeff Garcia aren't exactly Unitas and Montana. Orlovsky is clearly not ready to play right away, but I could see him getting some playing time by year end if Harrington chokes and the Lions are out of it. A lot of "experts" have compared him to Ben Roethlisberger in terms of physical skills. Not a factor in terms of fantasy football this year, but a future darkhorse. Here's a decent report on him.

Orlovsky

Edited by Vet

There are any of about three or four potential #2 WRs in KC ... assuming of course that you actually consider Eddie Kennison to be a #1 (or that Gonzo isn't the #1, even though he's a TE)...

Anyhow, you catch my drift.

Also, Cedric Cobbs could have a nice go of things in NE if Dillon (who is getting a bit long in the tooth) could be interesting...

UConn beat Toledo 39-10 in the Motor City Bowl last year.  Must have been a different bowl game.  I'll take your word for it on the stats, and the drops.

Speaking of UConn - how about Dan Orlovsky as a darkhorse?  Currently 3rd on the Lions depth chart at QB.  But let's face it, Joey Harrington and Jeff Garcia aren't exactly Unitas and Montana.  Orlovsky is clearly not ready to play right away, but I could see him getting some playing time by year end if Harrington chokes and the Lions are out of it.  A lot of "experts" have compared him to Ben Roethlisberger in terms of physical skills.  Not a factor in terms of fantasy football this year, but a future darkhorse.  Here's a decent report on him.

Orlovsky

873275[/snapback]

Agree. Orlovsky's got a cannon. With the right tutilege, he can certainly play - and play well.

he's not a darkhorse....but I like Antonio Bryant alot as a very competent #3 WR..with the potential to be a #2 with Dilfer at the helm...

Dilfer is at least competent...nothing fantastic..

873310[/snapback]

Agreed. Everyone's slobbin' Edwards' knob as a rookie. Bryant is more than competent. 900 yards and 6 TDs doesn't sound like too much of a stretch.

Damien Nash - Tits.

873323[/snapback]

Another one to agree with. I won't even mention that RB he's backing up. Nash was unspectacular in college, for the most part, but is definitely a physical specimen. But hmm, is he really their #2? What about Jarrett Payton? (side note, in a roundabout way, I am friends of a friend of Payton's - he's gonna get it done... just you watch)

What about Jarrett Payton?  (side note, in a roundabout way, I am friends of a friend of Payton's - he's gonna get it done... just you watch)

873907[/snapback]

I watched him play in NFL Europe. I thought he ran hard but he didn't show a lot of speed. I like the kid and I think he's in a tough situation (playing the same position as Sweetness and being his son--not too much pressure or anything :doah: ) so I am pulling for him to make it.

I watched him play in NFL Europe. I thought he ran hard but he didn't show a lot of speed. I like the kid and I think he's in a tough situation (playing the same position as Sweetness and being his son--not too much pressure or anything :doah: ) so I am pulling for him to make it.

873915[/snapback]

Yeah big time pressure there... but hey, pure speed is overrated. :D:D

Cole Magner WR Atlanta Falcons. From Alaska who went to Bowling Green and had an average at best career, but in the Motor City Bowl last year he was awesome. Magner set a game record for catches, finishing with 12 for 97 yards and two touchdowns.  He dropped another TD in the endzone...it was a tough catch but he could have had it.  He is 6-2 196 and average speed.  He reminds me of McCaffery in some ways.  So I will be looking for him in preseason. :D

Go Chris!!

872805[/snapback]

UConn beat Toledo 39-10 in the Motor City Bowl last year.  Must have been a different bowl game.  I'll take your word for it on the stats, and the drops.

Speaking of UConn - how about Dan Orlovsky as a darkhorse?  Currently 3rd on the Lions depth chart at QB.  But let's face it, Joey Harrington and Jeff Garcia aren't exactly Unitas and Montana.  Orlovsky is clearly not ready to play right away, but I could see him getting some playing time by year end if Harrington chokes and the Lions are out of it.  A lot of "experts" have compared him to Ben Roethlisberger in terms of physical skills.  Not a factor in terms of fantasy football this year, but a future darkhorse.  Here's a decent report on him.

Orlovsky

873275[/snapback]

Yes you are absolutely right....it was 2003. It seemed like last year :D

Craphonso Thorpe.  Why?  Because I just like typing Craphonso.

874113[/snapback]

When he breaks out can we start calling him "Crappy"? Who do you like in a dynasty DJax or Crappy? Or maybe Crap ho. or just Crapo. I'm looking forward to it, whatever it is.

Travis Taylor...could be the number 2 in Minni coming out of camp...he wanted Daunte and he got him...word out of mini-camp was he looked real sharp...he's not being drafted in 16 rounds on Antsports...

874133[/snapback]

I like TT. I drafted him awhile back and he let me down but given the new digs I'd take a chance on him again.

edit to add: I'd say he qualifies as more of sleeper than a darkhorse. However, Howard Cosell might have disagreed.

Edited by BS Miscreant