[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick your #2 RB from the following

Pancake

Which of the following would you want as your #2 RB?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you want as your #2 RB?

• Steven Jackson
    • Curtis Marint
    • Lamont Jordan
    • Brian Westbroke
    • Tatum Bell
    • Chris Brown
    • Warrick Dunn

jordan couldn't take his(Martin) job away in NY

874138[/snapback]

I find it interesting that Jordan, who couldn't get past Martin on the NYJ depth chart, is in the lead. 

874236[/snapback]

Ya'll kill me with this, He couldn't get past him on the depth chart, stuff. We're talking about Curtis Martin. You know the leading rusher in the NFL last year. The guy who has rushed for 13,000+ in his career. Same guy who has a career YPC of over 4.1. And for what it's worth, while Jordan has been with the Jets, Martin has averaged over 1,400yds a season with a YPC of 4.3+.

The guy's a physical beast, who when given the opportunity looked awesome and he's now in a situation that some RBs wish their whole careers to be a part of. Breakout year! Write it down.

Fantasy is all about analysis combined with prognosticating. To me there is a very high probability that Martin severly underperforms! Either injury or something that will drastically reduce his production. I probably would draft everyone on that list before him, but that's just me.

Moving on. Warrick Dunn and Brian Westbrook risk losing TDs and carries to their bruising back-ups. So they're out in my mind

Chris Brown, if healthy proved he can dominate a game, however, his turf toe scares me. Faulk had tt when he was with Indy and it affected his numbers for 2 years. Brown could become a great value pick but too risky for an early round pick IMO.

So that leaves Bell, Jordan and Jackson. They all have some risk. Denver and Oakland both are at the bottom as far as EOS goes. Depending on how much you value the EOS rankings it could factor in. Over the past 3 years, I've relied heavily on EOS and I've been in the money every year. Obviously with someone like LT, EOS has little significance for his draft order. But for these 3 guys, I'd say it's something to seriosly consider. I voted for Jackson simply because he's on the same team, and plays on still one of the more explosive offenses in the NFL. But, I will say the three mentioned in this paragraph are almost equal in my opinion. Bell and Jackson, especially Bell, have the better chance of explosive plays. My league rewards for such plays, so I have both of them ahead of Jordan.

Peace,

rhythmdoctor

Bell's durability should be the only question when it comes to Denver RB's. Shanny doesn't screw around with RB's. He picks a starter and sticks with him. Anderson will either be the FB or the back up. Trust me, Shanny loves Bell and so should you. Especially if your league rewards points for catches.

People are so worked up over Denver RB's and Shanny starting different RB's on different weeks. This just isn't true. Last year Droughns started because Griffin sucked worse than expected and Anderson was injured. Droughns then wore down during the season which opened the door a little for Bell.

Look at Denver's RB history. There has only been a change when a RB got hurt (except for Griffin). Shanny is going to give the rock to Bell all day once the season starts.

Voted for Martin; in not reading the other Huddlers' responses, however, I apologize if this has been said: it obviously depends on the league scoring and if it's a redraft vs. keeper league... but assuming it's normal scoring, without 1pt/rec. and it's a re-draft league, Martin's probably your best bet.