[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sports R.I.P.

Dr. Sacrebleu

headlines from the NY Times Sports page 1:

"At British Open, to Bet, or Not, is the question"

"some all-star memories as Piazza flips the pages"

"baseball rediscovers its radio days"

"Poker's popularity doesn't appear ready to fold"

"Boxing finds a new dance partner: hip-hop"

page 2:

"16 year old dominican prospect gets 1.4 million from the Mets"

"ex-Mariner Boone picked up by twins"

page 3

"Roger Takes the Heat, then ducks questions'

"a late winter classic awaits world's elite players"

page 4

"urban fashion finds a place in the ring"

"trouble for McMichael"

"LSU suspends player"

"bum Phillips in intensive care"

"Sparks hire Joe Bryant"

page 5

"BCS Alters Formula for Championship game"

"as earnhart finds an extra gear, gorfdon hits the pits"

and on and on and on and on.

There were NO SPORTS YESTERDAY. :D

Nothing! :D:D

NOT A SINGLE EVENT TO BE REPORTED UPON.

I have never seen this in my life. Like George Costanza, I read the sports page cover to cover, and would do so, even if my hair were on fire, but this is ridiculous.

Has anyone ever seen a day as bleak?

When oh when will the football season start? :D

what about bobby abreu? i know it's only the all-star game and i know it's only the homerun derby, but at least it was something to watch. actually, that was the only thing to watch last night. being a phillies fan, it enjoyable.

but overall, i do agree that it is a rough time of year. the ticker was sad last night. it was reporting nba rookie signings, year to date baseball stats, and um, and...well, yeah, it's bleak.

Factoid: There are only two days during the year when there is never a professional game (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) scheduled. The day before and the day after the All-Star game. Every other day of the year typically has a game of some kind scheduled.

My personal favorite week of the year is when the NFL is going on, the MLB is over and the NBA has not started. Sportscenter is almost 100% football.

My personal favorite week of the year is when the NFL is going on, the MLB is over and the NBA has not started. Sportscenter is almost 100% football.

875028[/snapback]

I miss hockey.

Even if you don't like hockey, it's the only place you can find two white guys beating the snot out of each other.

875028[/snapback]

Yep. I used to really love this when Denver had to share Mile High with the Rockies and part of the infield was just dirt. I couldn't wait for baseball to end.

Factoid:  There are only two days during the year when there is never a professional game (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) scheduled.  The day before and the day after the All-Star game.  Every other day of the year typically has a game of some kind scheduled.

875002[/snapback]

Did not know that. Nice.

But today was even worse as not even the peripheral sports were on (tennis, tour de france, soccer, WNBA, nascar etc..)

Edited by Dr. Sacrebleu