[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Law to KC!

msaint

WEEI here in Boston reporting a deal is done. Ty to the Chiefs. No link yet, sorry, just heard it live.

Any Chiefs homers hearing anything down yonder?

Edited by msaint

Surtain and Law is a pretty nasty duo.

880164[/snapback]

As nasty as that dude's tongue in your avatar, quimby. :D

We'd heard jets, Dolphins mostly....there was minimal talk of KC, but they were certainly in the mix. Sounds like a good fit. I think Law still has some gas in the tank and will be that proverbial "veteran with something to prove." Depending on the $ and years, I think it's a solid signing by KC.

The jets were rumored to be pursuing him after abraham just announced his retirement.  The NYJ db's are suspect at best at this point.

880185[/snapback]

That's the latest I'd heard up here -- Law to the Jets -- until the KC announcement today. I guess Miami fell out of the picture. I was sure he'd go to an AFC East team so he could try to exact some revenge on Belichick twice a year.

I think it is BS. It is only being reported by Ben Maller that he heard it from Rhonda Moss of KC 610 radio ... and 610 is not reporting it ...

But from Ben Maller.com:

Ty Law and the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed in principle pending Law pass a physical and is able to prove he will be ready September 11, 2005 for opening day, according to Kansas City's 610 Sports reporter Rhonda Moss. Law's agent and the Chiefs are speaking daily, and are very close in terms of dollars.

Posted July 15, by Ben Maller

I guess Miami fell out of the picture. I was sure he'd go to an AFC East team so he could try to exact some revenge on Belichick twice a year.

880204[/snapback]

Guy had the nerve to say - 'if they could not afford Surtain, I cannot see how they expect to afford me'

If true, this is indeed big.

If this is true, this is definately Vermeils' last year...making a big run at the big prize.

Hopefully, Peterson doesn't have to screw around with too many veterans' contracts in order to squeeze him under the cap. Nothing like fouling up team chemistry by asking a few well respected and productive players to take a cut in pay in order to bring in someone who may be perceived as a bit selfish and self promoting.

I hope someone, anyone signs Law, except for the Jets. Tongue, Atwater, there is a long list of aging DB's that have never worked out. The two weakest parts of the Jets D backield from last year are now gone, Tongu and D Abraham. I'd much rather see our young DB's in there, and the Jets have some good ones with a lot of make up speed. Strait, Miller and Mickens will figh for the CB spot. I hope the Jets forget about Law, and use that cap space to sign J Abraham. A killer pass rush is better than a shut down corner, see Chump Bailey.

This is from ESPN Insider. I'm posting it here rather then a link so non Insder members can see it.

Jul 15 - The Jets responded to cornerback Donnie Abraham's retirement by intensifying their interest in Law, the New York Daily News reports. While the Jets also completed a trade for a disgruntled Cowboys CB Peter Hunter as insurance, Law remains a strong target.

The Jets are believed to be one of eight teams showing interest in Law, although his asking price -- reportedly about $6 million per year -- could be prohibitive. The Jets and Jaguars could be the front-runners.

While the Buccaneers reportedly have faxed Law a contract proposal, USA Today suggests the team's dire salary-cap situation makes its interest merely wishful thinking. The Pittsburgh Steelers, on the other hand, could be a more likely landing place, according to the paper.

Other teams that reportedly remain interested in the veteran CB include the Dolphins, Chiefs, Lions and Colts.

Law is coming off a broken foot that kept him out of the final 12 games of 2004, including the Patriots' Super Bowl victory.

This is from ESPN Insider.  I'm posting it here rather then a link so non Insder members can see it.

Jul 15 - The Jets responded to cornerback Donnie Abraham's retirement by intensifying their interest in Law, the New York Daily News reports. While the Jets also completed a trade for a disgruntled Cowboys CB Peter Hunter as insurance, Law remains a strong target.

The Jets are believed to be one of eight teams showing interest in Law, although his asking price -- reportedly about $6 million per year -- could be prohibitive. The Jets and Jaguars could be the front-runners.

While the Buccaneers reportedly have faxed Law a contract proposal, USA Today suggests the team's dire salary-cap situation makes its interest merely wishful thinking. The Pittsburgh Steelers, on the other hand, could be a more likely landing place, according to the paper.

Other teams that reportedly remain interested in the veteran CB include the Dolphins, Chiefs, Lions and Colts.

Law is coming off a broken foot that kept him out of the final 12 games of 2004, including the Patriots' Super Bowl victory.

880519[/snapback]

I thought for sure he'd land in Pittsburgh, what with being from there and all, playing high school ball, etc.

:D

Is Bell supposed to be healthy now?

If Bell is healthy, the addition of Law, along with Surtain, Derrick Johnson and Dante Hall might require me to adjust mt D/ST rankings a bit.

880662[/snapback]

As far as I have heard he is fully healthy. Most of the talk has been around DJ though.

And they added S. Knight also. Them, the Vikings, and the Ravens will be 3 very improved teams this year all certainly capable of going a very long way if they stay healthy.

880679[/snapback]

And they added Carlos Hall from Tennessee...

KC should be very very improved on defense...with or without Ty Law...

I like the Vikes D, too.  On paper.  Right now.

880687[/snapback]

What's not to like there. Winfield and Smoot at CB. Sharper and Chavous at S. The Williams' boys at DT. Kevin is a monster. And good young ends and LB's. Add that in with that O and you have a team. The only thing that can stop them is Tice being an awful HC.

What's not to like there. Winfield and Smoot at CB. Sharper and Chavous at S. The Williams' boys at DT. Kevin is a monster. And good young ends and LB's. Add that in with that O and you have a team. The only thing that can stop them is Tice being an awful HC.

880705[/snapback]

Thank Goodness KC doesn't have that problem. :D

I haven't seen an "official" report yet, i.e. ESPN, rotoworld, what have you, but sports radio in Boston was talking about it as if were a done deal, pending physical, which he should pass 'cause the foot's aparently more or less 100% again.

(edit: this was in response to muck's ?)

Edited by msaint

I think it is BS.  It is only being reported by Ben Maller that he heard it from Rhonda Moss of KC 610 radio ... and 610 is not reporting it ...

But from Ben Maller.com:

Ty Law and the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed in principle pending Law pass a physical and is able to prove he will be ready September 11, 2005 for opening day, according to Kansas City's 610 Sports reporter Rhonda Moss. Law's agent and the Chiefs are speaking daily, and are very close in terms of dollars.

Posted July 15, by Ben Maller

880214[/snapback]

You're right, I think it's BS. BenMaller.com has now pulled the item you quoted above. 610 sports has nothing, nada, zip about it on their web site, and I suspect they would be all over this if there was anything to it.

Still, I'd love it if it were true. :D