[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Law to KC!

msaint

A friend of mine here in KC pm'd me about this:

"Law was on 810 [the other sports radio station] yesterday afternoon, and it sounded as if the Chiefs were nowhere close to landing him - his own words. He didn't rule them out of the equation but basically said that the Chiefs had better step it up cuz he'd be signing somewhere in the next couple of days."

I think it might be in Law's best interests, given his iffy health, to sign a one year incentive deal, and then bust his butt to have a Pro Bowl season. Then he could sign for a much bigger deal at the end of the season than he could get now. I mean, who's going to pony up huge bucks for a guy who still (apparently) can't pass a physical--with camps set to open soon? Maybe someone will, but I somewhat doubt it.

Law was on several radio stations today, including 1050 ESPN in NY today. He did say he was very close to signing with a team.... but refused to spill the beans.  :D

880867[/snapback]

Please, please, please, let it be the BOLTS!!!!!!!! :D

LINC

This was posted yesterday, but nothing really new. Love the cast in the pic.

Though money is at the heart of the talks, Law must show the Chiefs that he's healthy enough to practice and eventually play at a level that will warrant a significant pay check. We've learned that the Chiefs will bring him in for a workout in short order once he's received clearance from his doctors that he can go through a rigorous workout and prove to team officials that his surgically repaired foot can withstand the physical requirements to be ready to start the season on September 11th against the New York Jets. Further the Chiefs have received solid confirmation from his representatives that he has a strong desire to play for the Chiefs and that he is comfortable playing the style of defense that Gunther Cunningham plans on running in 2005.

Edited by Hop Devil

I thought for sure he'd land in Pittsburgh, what with being from there and all, playing high school ball, etc.

880628[/snapback]

I would love to see Law in Black and Gold. Don't know if it would happen though. If it were to happen I had figured that it would have already taken place since it was a while since he visited the Steelers officially.

Wow, looks like this was another overblown sports radio rumor. The way WEEI was reporting it up here early on, it sounded like pretty much a done deal (only pending a physical/foot check). Oh well. Ty's search for a team continues...

Wow, looks like this was another overblown sports radio rumor. The way WEEI was reporting it up here early on, it sounded like pretty much a done deal (only pending a physical/foot check). Oh well. Ty's search for a team continues...

884994[/snapback]

:D Hear that, Bolts!! He's still available!!!

I'm thinking...if this guy is anywhere close to "right" would he still be on the market?

I think his ego is as much a problem as his foot. He thinks he's worth BIG money and nobody's going to give it to him. He refuses to rethink this, it would seem. I'm sure someone would have signed him if he were flexible about the money. I wonder how close the season will be before he realizes that ANY contract is more money than NO contract.

I think it would kill him to ever have to admit that the Pats were right.

From what I've been hearing, the Jets are still the most likely team that will sign Law. First, they had to get Donnie Abraham to "officially" retire (some would say he retired about two years ago, but that's a topic for a different discussion).

Now that Abraham has retired, his money comes off the cap. I believe the Jets now have a little under $4 million to sign someone. Law still says he wants $6 million, but - let's face it - he can ask for whatever he wants but the market clearly isn't there.

I think he'll get something like 3 years, $9 million from the Jets - with $3 million of that upfront. So, he'll count about $3 against the cap this year.

The Jets will likely ask Pennington to re-structure his contract to free up some more cap space this year to make any additional signings they need. They'll increase his signing bonus and reduce his salary to free up some additional dough for this season.

Right now, I'd put about 50% odds Law ends up a Jet, 40% he ends up back with the Patriots, 9% he ends up a Chief, 1% he lands elsewhere.

Edit to add: After further consideration, I may have put the Pats odds a bit too high. I have a feeling Bellichick might be expressing a renewed interest in Law simply to increase his market value and screw the Jets (by making them pay-up to get him). The Jets will fall for this hook-line-and-sinker, too. That little rat Bellichick!

Edited by Vet