[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexandar and Hawks

bushwacked

Now that Henry's gone..I bet Shaun is getting a little more attention. I see this getting done makes too much sense on both sides, I mean can Alexander really pass up a 1 year 6.32 million dollar contract???? Please...Please....help me under stand that...from Seattle's point of view I would maybe try to find some middle ground quick and sign SA to a longer contract. I mean did the Seattle front office and fans really get offended by Shaun Alexander's big mouth..Hey he wants to be the best and wanted a chance to prove it...."this is a bad thing" WAKE UP he's a great RB lock his "arse"up and reap the reward. Did the Hawk fans watch the friggin games. I'm done...I'm coming out of retirement..give me the rock..I'll keep my mouth shut the whole time and be the "YES" man you want me to be, but first get rid of that big mouth Shaun.

The Seahawk FANS care ZERO about what Shaun said about the record, heck, we wanted him to get it just as much as he did!!! The thing about Shaun that needs to get him out of here is his attitude. He plays hard when he wants to. He coasts for incredibly long stretches. No back in the NFL, not even Warrick Dunn, goes down from more arm tackles in a season than Shaun Alexander, its downright baffling.

The Seahawks biggest problem is their overall team attitude. Two bad eggs, Koren and A.Simmons got subtracted. It may be absolutely essential to the Seahawks success to get rid of Shaun Alexander immediately.

Edited by Seahawks21

It may be absolutely essential to the Seahawks success to get rid of Shaun Alexander immediately.

882274[/snapback]

The rest of the NFC West would be very happy with that. If I were a Seahawks fan, I wouldn't be. This looks like a case of "you don't know what you've got till it's gone", with apologies to Joni Mitchell.

Well, time to dance for the Seahawks management. With no Henry to dangle in front of Alexander as a viable short term solution to his hold out threat, it looks like they have to play ball with Shaun.

The rest of the NFC West would be very happy with that.  If I were a Seahawks fan, I wouldn't be.  This looks like a case of "you don't know what you've got till it's gone", with apologies to Joni Mitchell.

882384[/snapback]

Here....Here..... or is it Hear....Hear.... :D

:D

The rest of the NFC West would be very happy with that.  If I were a Seahawks fan, I wouldn't be.  This looks like a case of "you don't know what you've got till it's gone", with apologies to Joni Mitchell.

882384[/snapback]

I agree with this statement 100%. Hawk fans have no idea what they would be missing. Finding a good running back is VERY hard. Finding one that has a nose for the goal line who NEVER gets hurt is even harder. After a year of watching Morris and the rooke they picked up play the position, they'd be "remembering the good ol' days" with Shaun Alexander.

Somewhat disagree Captain. I think Morris would be a VERY serviceable back if given the chance.

882901[/snapback]

Yet in three years he's never scored a rushing TD. Never had more that 15 carries or more than 72 yards (and both those career highs came against the Cardinals). Never had more than 38 carries in a season.

I've watch a lot of Seahawks football, as SA is one of my dynasty players in my main league. I've never been overwhelmed by Morris. He's a nice change of pace back. Kind of like Dominic Rhodes. EVERY year, the Seahawks are rumored to give him some more carries, blah, blah, blah. Every year he rides the pine.

I feel you. I just think he would excel given the chance. No real interest in how this plays out other than to know for drafting reasons.

I'll put it this way. If Morris WERE the Seahawks starting RB, he would be no worse than 20 on my list with real upside IMO.

Edited by Cunning Runt

I feel you. I just think he would excel given the chance. No real interest in how this plays out other than to know for drafting reasons.

I'll put it this way. If Morris WERE the Seahawks starting RB, he would be no worse than 20 on my list with real upside IMO.

882915[/snapback]

I agree. With that o-line, any RB would be a viable fantasy option. But I guarantee they wouldn't score the TD's SA does. The guy just has a knack (sp.?) for getting in the end zone. Very Marcus Allen-like in that regard. . .

The Seahawk FANS care ZERO about what Shaun said about the record, heck, we wanted him to get it just as much as he did!!!  The thing about Shaun that needs to get him out of here is his attitude.  He plays hard when he wants to.  He coasts for incredibly long stretches.  No back in the NFL, not even Warrick Dunn, goes down from more arm tackles in a season than Shaun Alexander, its downright baffling. 

The Seahawks biggest problem is their overall team attitude.  Two bad eggs, Koren and A.Simmons got subtracted.  It may be absolutely essential to the Seahawks success to get rid of Shaun Alexander immediately.

882274[/snapback]

That's like saying Cleveland would be better off w/o Lebron....HMMMM NO...but My Bengals will trade you Rudi/Perry for Shaun straight up. :D

thats a pretty bogus analogy simply because Shaun's surrounding cast is much better than Lebron's. Didn't Rudi just get a new contract?? Is he making considerably less than Shaun's supposed to ??? Done deal.

Ok first of all I have to say Shaun Alexander is the best Running back in the NFL numbers wise last year he put up 20 touchdowns and had 1696 rushing yards. he had the most tds for a RB and he was 2nd in rushing yards. I am a Seahawk season ticket holder and saw games where we couldnt have won without him esspecially when Trent Dilfer started for us when Hasselbeck was hurt. With the way our receivers drop passes it is essential that we have a running game with Shaun Alexander as our top dog. 2nd of all MATT HASSELBECK deserves BETTER THAN the receivers we have. Darrell Jackson is going to be amazing this year but as for the rest of our receivers, dear god please help?

thats a pretty bogus analogy simply because Shaun's surrounding cast is much better than Lebron's.  Didn't Rudi just get a new contract??  Is he making considerably less than Shaun's supposed to ???  Done deal.

884613[/snapback]

Your kidding right???? SA money will be..How do I put this???? It will make Rudi money look like my 3yr olds piggy bank. SOOO who else is in that great supporting cast Hasselbeck???? Jackson???Trufant??? Brown???? is he even still with the Hawks. The Rudi/Perry deal was a joke :D it was trying to show how insane your thinking is but I guess this is a lost cause for you. If you undervalue SA take Rudi he is queit and just the type of "yes man your looking for" This all moot because your going to be stuck with SA for a long time and you will be loving it when he's rolling Hawk's arse's into the playoffs . That is if you can get that idiot to hand him the rock. Hey look a Hawks fan who has not been sniffing the glue.