[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ohio Huddlers

theeohiostate

I know a few here from Ohio, but wanted to see how many were from this area.

Do any of you claim the Browns or Bengals or like many from Ohio have latched onto the hopes of other franchises so long, you feel guily about rooting for the Bengals/Browns ever again. Who are the Brave that have endured the Bengals pathetic run since 1990?

I have to admit i have not rooted for my home team, the Bengals since the early 90's and will continue my Bronco affiliation :D

I hail from the Springboro area where our team made it to fourth in the state in D-I football this year :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Grew up in Lorain county (just west of Cleveland) and have lived within an hour of Cleveland all but 2 years of my life.  I wouldn't consider rooting for any team other than the Browns.

883485[/snapback]

That's too bad...you must really hate John Elway, huh?

Oh...how'd you like that 4 game sweep over the weekend? :D

The Bengls will be in the playoffs this year, so there is nothing to be ashamed about anymore.

To be a Browns fan is worse. You once had a very respectable franchise, but it was stolen away overnight and replaced with an expansion team. And its one rebuilding year after another even since. It will take at least 2 years to recover from last year's front office and coaching debacle. The cherry on top to this mess is the widely publicized offseason idiocy of Sgt. Winslow. At least from the bottom there is nowhere to go but up.

And I know, because I've been there rooting for the Bungles all along.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

I've been a die hard Bengal fan since their inception. Prior to that, the Browns were my team. I loved listiening to Ken Coleman on Sundays. I was a Bengal season ticket holder up until 2001 when I moved out west. Back in Cincy now and can't wait for the season to start. As for college, I played a little at Cincy, so I'm true to the Black and Red. Hey, I graduated, so don't start that no grads from Cincinnati bull. You mentioned HS; being from the west side of Cincy I'm proud of the Elder Panthers who won D1 state FB title in '02 and '03.

I remember rooting for Greg Cook as a kid ...

I will admit the Bengals of the '90s did a lot for fueling my attention to fantasy football. The Bengals were still my team, but I probably spent more time watching individual players than the Bengals, and I did watch other teams when I needed to watch NFL football, because the Bengals certainly weren't playing at that level. (I'd go to Lions games to watch Barry Sanders, for instance.) But the Bengals were still my team, and whenever I've lived in the area, I'd always try to make it down for at least one game a year (you could pretty much get free tickets in the '90s).

This year, yeah, I feel like I've paid my dues, and should be rewarded nicely in time, which makes it that much sweeter. In fact, I bought season tickets this year for the first time in my life -- hate paying for that stupid seat license, but it just seemed like the right thing to do. And I want first dibs on that home playoff game, whenever it comes. (I wasn't living in the area when they made their SB appearances, so this is a new an exciting thing for me ...)

Part of my childhood was 30 min. south of Cleveland so while I was an innocent, ignorant little brat I like the Browns ... but then I grew up. Now I am about an hour farther South or less and am in hiding as a Phins fan. Still trying to determine which is worse :D ... well, at least the Phins don't run it up the middle on 3rd and 8.

I have live in Grove City just south of Columbus. As far as I’m concerned the only football team in Ohio is the Buckeyes :D . I root for the Cowboys on Sunday.

883517[/snapback]

I just puked in my mouth. I can't stand either team. I could understand a person rooting for one of them, but not both! :D

I'm from the Dayton area. I now live in Miamisburg and I work in Middletown.

I've been a Bengals fan since the franchise started. Before that I was a Browns fan because I was too young to know any better. It has been very frustrating over the past decade or so, but I have never stopped being a fan, although I have come to hate Mike Brown.

I'm from the Dayton area. I now live in Miamisburg and I work in Middletown.

I've been a Bengals fan since the franchise started. Before that I was a Browns fan because I was too young to know any better. It has been very frustrating over the past decade or so, but I have never stopped being a fan, although I have come to hate Mike Brown.

884136[/snapback]

Hey T-Bone i live hear in the 'Burg now as well, just across from #2 on Pipestone. Maybe i'll see you during football season at The Fox and The Hound by Sams. My kids attend Miamisburg High and Junior High as well.

Huge Buckeye and Bengal fan...It's been a long road less traveled by us die hards and I have had my moments in cursing Brown. I have had moments at the end of those dreaded seasons that I said "it's over I'm done" I would talk about other teams I would root for but every year like some pathetic rejected boyfriend I would look over at that luscious lady in Cincy and say this is the year!!!!!! This is the year we hit pay dirt. Is this the year the Queen of the Queen city becomes King????? I'm thinking we have a fighting chance for a wild card but we may be 1 shut down corner away from the division. I have been buying the 2 pack game tickets for about 3 years now just waiting for the chance to buy playoff tics. Oh what a day that will be (this where the wavy screen comes in you know the one in the dream sequence) I'm in the endzone with the other insane Bengal fans freezing my coconuts off, but my heart is warm as the Bengals come out the tunnel Chad Johnson leading the way carrying a Bengal Flag and sticking in the ground with arms crossed looking over at the _____ fill in the team. The crowd goes nuts and my buddy hands me another beer last one before the game and I'm sure glad I had about 4 before we got in PBS because I'm not moving once the game starts except maybe 1 run to the head...Oh sorry I must have dozed off there any way. I'm from Columbus born and raised. Thank God for The Ohio State University or I may have given up on football all together.

I'm a Bengals fan and have lived through over a decade of Mike Brown incompetance.

They've looked totally different since the hiring of not only Lewis,but Tobin.

So this year I took the plunge and purchased two coa's (psl's)off of a guy who no longer wanted them.I couldn't really afford to and wanted to wait another year,but if they show the improvement I expect then getting decent seats next year would be difficult,if even possible.

My seats look at the endzone from the side,but are seats 3-4 in the very first row of the upper section,so you're only about 60% of the way up.Nothing in front of you but a rail,and only two people two get by to buy a beer.

This should be a fun year. :D

Maybe i'll see you during football season at The Fox and The Hound by Sams.

884185[/snapback]

Fox & Hound is an evil place. Ran up a $900 tab (not including tip) on a corporate account there a couple years ago drinking jagerbombs and Guiness. There were four of us. The well-tender that night, who made all those bombs, is now the manager of my favorite pub. Small world. :D

She almost got fired because she wanted to cut us off, but the bar manager said no. Needless to say, we walked over to the comfort inn or whatever that place is across the street and got a room. I remember nothing, except that I was playing pool and ping-pong very badly.

Let that be a lesson to you youngsters. Never spend more than $200 a night per person on jagerbombs. You'll never go back to that bar again. :D

Fox & Hound is an evil place. Ran up a $900 tab (not including tip) on a corporate account there a couple years ago drinking jagerbombs and Guiness. There were four of us. The well-tender that night, who made all those bombs, is now the manager of my favorite pub. Small world.  :D

She almost got fired because she wanted to cut us off, but the bar manager said no. Needless to say, we walked over to the comfort inn or whatever that place is across the street and got a room. I remember nothing, except that I was playing pool and ping-pong very badly.

Let that be a lesson to you youngsters. Never spend more than $200 a night per person on jagerbombs. You'll never go back to that bar again.  :D

885254[/snapback]

How is this possible? Are you sure she wasn't padding the tab? I can't believe 4 dudes racked up almost a large on one bar tab.

Guess it could've been worse, at least it was on the company. :D

Fox & Hound is an evil place. Ran up a $900 tab (not including tip) on a corporate account there a couple years ago drinking jagerbombs and Guiness. There were four of us. The well-tender that night, who made all those bombs, is now the manager of my favorite pub. Small world.  :D

Let that be a lesson to you youngsters. Never spend more than $200 a night per person on jagerbombs. You'll never go back to that bar again.  :D

885254[/snapback]

I have no Ohio ties, but for some reason caught myself reading this thread, and sure enough... I have a reply! :D Me and 3 buddies ran up a massive tab drinking Jagr Bombs one night at a local pub. I don't think it was quite $900 - but certainly well over $300 or perhaps even $400. We had apparently been buying the three cute waitresses a shot every time we got a round ... we thought they were buying their own shots. :D In any case, I was ticked.

i lived 18 years in lancaster,ohio and now reside over in northern kentucky.go bucks and beat down texas.home of rex kern and bobby carpenter.....

884630[/snapback]

I wonder if you know the Craiglows?

I know a few here from Ohio, but wanted to see how many were from this area.

Do any of you claim the Browns or Bengals or like many from Ohio have latched onto the hopes of other franchises so long, you feel guily about rooting for the Bengals/Browns ever again. Who are the Brave that have endured the Bengals pathetic run since 1990?

I have to admit i have not rooted for my home team, the Bengals since the early 90's and will continue my Bronco affiliation  :D

I hail from the Springboro area where our team made it to fourth in the state in D-I football this year  :D

883470[/snapback]

Wow....I am from Springboro also...I bet you hang out at Rushers or Roosters or some chit like that. Bungals will once again become BENGALS this year. :D