[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry signs multi-year deal with Titans

CaptainHook

Running back Travis Henry has agreed with to a multi-year contract extension with the Tennessee Titans after being obtained in a trade with Buffalo.

Henry will be introduced at a news conference on July 20. He was acquired for a third-round draft pick.

Terms were not immediately available.

The Titans already had Chris Brown who rushed for 1,067 yards on 220 carries, and his 4.85-yard per carry average in his first season as a starter in 2004. But Brown missed five games because of injuries.

Henry, a starter since his rookie season, had consecutive 1,300-yard rushing seasons before being relegated to a backup role last October behind Willis McGahee.

"The combination of Chris Brown and Travis Henry puts us in elite company in terms of talented backfields," Titans general manager Floyd Reese said. "I don't know that it will matter who starts, because I envision both players making significant contributions throughout the season."

Henry is the University of Tennessee's all-time leading rusher with 3,078 yards.

link

Edited by CaptainHook

"I don't know that it will matter who starts, because I envision both players making significant contributions throughout the season."

886211[/snapback]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Chris Brown is playing for pennies, Henry is now playing for big bucks. For that reason, Brown is a great backup for an NFL team. If they're smart, they'll put Brown in a limited role so that he's not as attractive as a RFA.

I envision Henry being the starter (20 carries per game). Unfortunately, he'll be playing for a learning offense with a questionable O-line, on a team that probably won't have many leads to protect.

Well, there you have it. Another team goes RBBC. Ugh. Break out the cuffs.

Brown will start the season, but it won't be long before he goes down and Henry finishes the year, IMO.

Well, there you have it. Another team goes RBBC. Ugh. Break out the cuffs.

Brown will start the season, but it won't be long before he goes down and Henry finishes the year, IMO.

886514[/snapback]

Yep I think you are right on with that prediction. :D

Unfortunately, he'll be playing for a learning offense with a questionable O-line, on a team that probably won't have many leads to protect.

886371[/snapback]

Just curious, but isn't that similar to the Bills offense say 2 years ago, or is it that much worse?