[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Reminder - #7 FT Blind Bidding - George Kittle SF TE - Shaken Not Stirred - Deadline for blind bids Tonight 10 PM ET
  3. Today
  4. I hear you, I'm a sporting motorcyclist, twisty curves and hills are what I crave. I have never been to the track, wish I had tried it long ago when it would have done more for my training. I do hit the occasional mostly deserted stretch of road and wind it up to 90-100. I also pass on the double yellow (only way to get around the cages in some cases) and generally ride at an an accelerated pace. I'm no choirboy on a bike or in the car. But I avoid doing that in places with a lot of traffic, unlike the stunting crowd who craves that attention and added danger. And these celebrity types who seem to frequently need to test their vehicle limits on crowded roads. I generally like to avoid any run-ins with the LEOs, so super high speeds on interstates on the bike are just not my thing. But these days I notice less enforcement on my travels, and generally higher speeds. Used to be for me 77 in the 70MPH Ohio Toll Road was pretty common. Now I'm doing over 80+ at times (like I do on similar roads in Michigan where they were never as zealous).
  5. Yep. I have Herbert and this last season and the off season have reduced his value dramatically. Honestly, assuming a one QB league, I'd almost want Levis as my backup instead of Herbert. While entirely new offensive staff and players makes for an uncertain future, Levis seems to have the grit and he can take a hit - very important in TN. I don't think he'll be an elite, but he could be a solid and somewhat consistent performer. And if the new O line protects him and and everything falls into place, with Hopkins and Ridley, maybe he will put up elite numbers. I'd offer Herbert for Levis and assuming a rookie draft, a 2nd round pick if your bench is as deep as ours. Worst case he says no or counter with a lower draft pick or player. I'd still call that a win this season.
  6. We're a little off topic and probably better for tailgate but since it's off season and it's just us discussing... I have been on various tracks from small local types to sanctioned tracks and proving grounds. The celebrity stupidity is relatively rare compared to the daily stupidity of many drivers. I have been personally told once or thrice to "take it to the track;" always by people who have never been on a track. It is a much different experience. For a bike, I would think it would allow someone to climb near the limits in a safer environment and it's somewhat self selective. You're not going to have a kid on a busa beside a retiree on a Goldwing. Also, you definitely don't go to a good, sanctioned track and just show up and have fun. There is a lot of liability on their end. If someone is just doing that, they are at least getting safety training and it means someone did a lot of legwork for them. Cars are also usually limited by classes so you don't have a 911 turbo with an experienced driver dealing with a novice in their 350z. And if you do, there is often a no passing rule or the novice has an instructor with them (not a free service mind you). Lastly, that track day is just that, a day or even two. Besides the minimum half day you're in briefing or on track, you have to get there and home (trailer the car, or carry and change wheels/tires or plan to burn up your street tires). Conversely, many of us like to meet in groups and then go hit the streets for a little enjoyment. We're the crazy people flying down "back roads." But those of us who do this occasionally also know which roads are relatively clear and free of risk such as other vehicles, bicycles, houses or pedestrians. It eats a few hours at most and we're not pushing the cars the way we would on a track, so far less wear on tires and brakes. Is it legal? No. Is it safe? That's relative although we'd all agree it's less safe than normal driving. And then, sometimes one just gets a hair up their ass and opens it up on the interstate. Same thing, not safe but hopefully the driver knows what their limits are and avoids others. The guys that make the news are usually the 20 somethings who don't know their limits nor their car's limits and do things in traffic.
  7. I put together some offers to help close some gaps that I couldn't fill in RFA. Check your PMs/email. If a deal can be made, I'd like to make it before the draft.
  8. I have never been on the track, but know many who have on motorcycles. They don't "set up a track day" those are handled by various groups who put them on. You just sign up, show up and have fun. I would assume car drivers have similar options and don't need to handle all the track details themselves. You sound like you have experience on the track, or would at least require it of somebody driving your fast cars. Maybe your experience was different. As for all the other stuff, I think a guy like Rice who made about $2.5M as a rookie in the NFL can afford that. Of course he'd have OWN the car and not take one he is leasing to the track. They probably also wouldn't allow him to drive while drunk or high. Or break any other rules. You say you're not excusing his actions, but it sure sounds like you're offering excuses for why he can't/wouldn't/shouldn't "take it to the track". I don't just say that to random celebrities who drive like fools, I tell that my riding friends too when they get a bit too wild on the street.
  9. Fat City - The Sons of Champlin
  1. Load more activity

Important Information