[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's wrong with Bulluck?

I have a ton of data and now have to figure out how best to format it :D

Here are just a few snippets of info:

Based on # of defensive plays:

2007: 287 rank 29th, Bulluck Fantasy Ranking: 58th

2006: 1062 rank 1st, Bulluck Fantasy Ranking: 4th

2005: 960 rank 27th Bulluck Fantasy Ranking: 5th

2004: 977 rank 22nd Bulluck Fantasy Ranking: 2nd

2003: 926 rank 30th Bulluck Fantasy Ranking: 3rd

Edited by keggerz

EDIT: Sorry everyone but i pulled all the analysis because i want to test a few things and just in case something needs to be tweaked I dont want to have a faulty analysis posted.

Edited by keggerz

I still hope that we will see Bulluck start to put up better numbers(even though the numbers dont bear that out) but that could be because I am a slightly distraught bulluck owner. :D

Edited by keggerz

Tenn defense isnt on the field as much.

I was thinking the same thing. The Titans run the ball a lot, therefore the clock keeps ticking. The Titans have also played well this season so the D gets off the field. If you notice the other stud defensivse players on the team, their numbers are way down as well.

I was thinking the same thing. The Titans run the ball a lot, therefore the clock keeps ticking. The Titans have also played well this season so the D gets off the field. If you notice the other stud defensivse players on the team, their numbers are way down as well.

i was thinking the exact same thing until i dug into the numbers. If you look at the numbers i posted above you will see that Bulluck has been a top IDP producer in the past with limited opportunities....this yr that doesnt seem to be the case and if you look at his production per minute you will see a very straight forward decrease in his productivity over the past 4 years....as a bulluck owner i say :D

If you're going to do it then you should give an example of a MLB that is playing well. Good analysis as usual though, but I'm not so sure it's still not just a matter of them being on the field less. How does the D-line factor into this as well. By comparison are they getting more stops than in years past and therefore limiting his productivity?

... but I'm not so sure it's still not just a matter of them being on the field less. How does the D-line factor into this as well. By comparison are they getting more stops than in years past and therefore limiting his productivity?

I checked this one out...

Titans defensive 3rd down percentage allowed, % and rank...

2003-28, 1st

2004-33, 6th

2005-36, 8th

2006-41, 19th

2007-38, 11th

Titans defensive TOP allowed, time and rank...

2003-27:08, 2nd

2004-28:26, 4th

2005-28:47, 8th

2006-32:51, 32nd

2007-26:28, 4th

So Bulluck's best years came when the Titans D were on the field the least amount of time AND allowing a lower 3rd down conversion rate. :D

Maybe he's just getting old or Fisher has done something different with the schemes over the years. :D

SO much goes into this. The play of the MLB, the defensive line up front, the TOP, teams running away from him, and on and on and on. So crunching numbers dont come close to telling the whole story.

TOP of another team isnt always the best indication either, as if teams are behind, they are throwing more, even if it takes time off the clock. When Tenn is trailing, teams run on them late, to salt the clock. So The Titans having the lead late affects his stats more than TOP

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

There is a lot of work that goes into the analysis Keggerz posted above...kudos to you man. I'd never think of looking at it this way, much less being able to crunch all the numbers.

I'd like to review later on myself and try an example to see how this works and see if we can find patterns in former players...I'd imagine that there is some way to apply this to offensive players as well.