[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

The Eagles select - WR, Rueben Randle, LSU. The Eagles could use some help at WR and Randle should not be on the board at this point or at the very least provides a good value with this pick. He's a big WR, at 6'3" 220 lbs and shows nice physicality. He knows how to use his frame, is good at snatching the ball in traffic. He's got tremendous feel for finding the soft spot in zones and is also a very willing blocker in the run game. Randle is a great possession receiver but can also flash big-play ability and is a borderline #1 WR.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears select - OG, Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State. The Bears could use help along the O-line and Silatolu has first round talent. He was a LT in college but is probably more suited to playing inside at the pro level. He has the strength and nastiness to play inside. He has a violent punch and moves well for his size and thick build. He's got surprising range and gives it everything he has on every play. He'll be a quality guard in a power scheme.

Um...I picked Sunday night. Post #58 in the other thread. Did you miss it?

The Chicago Bears select OT Mitchell Schwartz, California

:huh:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Um...I picked Sunday night. Post #58 in the other thread. Did you miss it?

:huh:

I did miss it and will make the switch. Sorry.

• The Bengals select - OG, James Brown, Troy
  • The Lions Select - OG, Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State

Well, Irish tried to destroy all my hopes and dreams by snagging the 2 last guards that wouldn't be reaches at this spot, but Phillip Blake offers the versatility to not only give a potential upgrade at RG (where he played at the Senior Bowl), but maybe eventually at center, with McClure in his 13th season.

After a good combine performance and keeping Griffin upright last year, he appears athletic to offer the Falcons some versatility, and not be handcuffed by an underwhelming OG or OT left avialable.

The Steelers select - DT, Alameda Ta'amu, Washington. Things worked out perfectly for the Steelers in this mock. They got the massive, blocking O-lineman in round 1 with Glenn and then got to fill another HUGH need at NT with Ta'amu here in the 2nd. If it wasn't bad enough that Casey Hampton tore his ACL in the playoff loss to Denver, then backup Chris Hoke went and retired, leaving a gaping hole on that defensive line which can now be filled with 6'2" 340 lb. Ta'amu. Ta'amu has outstanding strength to anchor that D-line and moves well enough to cover 2 gaps. He is a perfect fit for the Steelers.

The Broncos select - OG, Brandon Brooks, Miami (Ohio)

Denver need improvement and depth on the guard position and Brooks can provide that. Manning would like (and probably demand) a WR but the WR class is deep this year and a decent WR can still be found in the third round.

The Steelers select - DT, Alameda Ta'amu, Washington. Things worked out perfectly for the Steelers in this mock. They got the massive, blocking O-lineman in round 1 with Glenn and then got to fill another HUGH need at NT with Ta'amu here in the 2nd. If it wasn't bad enough that Casey Hampton tore his ACL in the playoff loss to Denver, then backup Chris Hoke went and retired, leaving a gaping hole on that defensive line which can now be filled with 6'2" 340 lb. Ta'amu. Ta'amu has outstanding strength to anchor that D-line and moves well enough to cover 2 gaps. He is a perfect fit for the Steelers.

This is a great pick.

The Houston Texans select ILB- Mychal Kendricks, California

The Texans traded DeMarco Ryans to the Eagles this off season because he wasn't a fit scheme wise in Houston's 3-4. Mychal Kendricks is a 3-4 inside linebacker who is nasty against the run, and has the skills to be great in the nickel situation. Several sites that I trust have him graded out as 85+ as a prospect. He's a do everything LB that will make Houston even scarier on the defensive side of the ball.

Losing Mario Williams and DeMarco Ryans is tough, but filling the holes they left this off season will go a long way to shoring up the defense.

The Green Bay Packers select

David Wilson/ RB Virginia Tech

The Packers go BPA here with a RB that should have gone much earlier. Along with good vision and speed, Wilson has good hands as a reciever that will complement the Packers offense nicely. With James Starks largely ineffective last year, Ryan Grant a UFA, and Alex Green rehabbing a torn ACL, this pick makes sense on a lot of levels.

The Green Bay Packers select

David Wilson/ RB Virginia Tech

The Packers go BPA here with a RB that should have gone much earlier. Along with good vision and speed, Wilson has good hands as a reciever that will complement the Packers offense nicely. With James Starks largely ineffective last year, Ryan Grant a UFA, and Alex Green rehabbing a torn ACL, this pick makes sense on a lot of levels.

Good pick. Probably the player I should have taken for the Broncos, but I completely forgot about him (or other RBs),

Irish you said you have done this in the past - how does this compare to those? Is this significantly slower? About the same? Did people lose interest and fade away like we have had here? We had 29 picks in the first 8 days and 30 in the subsequent 17. We might not finish three freaking rounds before the real draft starts. Hell it's been so long I looked at my pre- notes and am shaking my head wondering what I was thinking.

Can we start turbo-picking for MIA drafters? I am seeing people logged into the forums (multiple times) yet not getting picks in. This could have been done days/weeks ago. I realize not everyone camps the forums 24/7, not asking for that, but when a guy is active on forums yet doesn't pick for another 24 hours it's killing us. I'd suggest a 12 hour maximum after which anyone that's active in this draft can pick for them or get threads going with nominations and confirmations - if nothing else this might stimulate the conversation and commenting which is kind of hard to get going on at the current snail's pace.

The Eagles select - WR, Rueben Randle, LSU. The Eagles could use some help at WR and Randle should not be on the board at this point or at the very least provides a good value with this pick. He's a big WR, at 6'3" 220 lbs and shows nice physicality. He knows how to use his frame, is good at snatching the ball in traffic. He's got tremendous feel for finding the soft spot in zones and is also a very willing blocker in the run game. Randle is a great possession receiver but can also flash big-play ability and is a borderline #1 WR.

Not sure how I missed this pick, but it's an interesting one. This is the classic need/BPA discussion. I love this pick from the perspective of who they get but it's hard to imagine drafting a WR3 in the second round. I thought they might do a sign-and-trade with DJax, which I would have loved to see (Rams), but it doesn't look like it now.

I am a hugh fan of Randle and he's one of the key players for me to watch in the draft - if he goes to the right place I am going to be very interested in him. I think he's flying below the radar a bit in terms of just how good he is, he reminds me a ton of Hakeem Nicks in terms of skillset. Would love to see him go to the Vikings or Panthers in the second round. Even better if he made it to the Chargers or Lions but I don't see him staying on the board.

Good pick. Probably the player I should have taken for the Broncos, but I completely forgot about him (or other RBs),

I honestly dont know how the Broncos can pass on a early RB this year. They have very little at the position, and will need a semblance of a running game to take some of the focus off Peyton until they get in sync

I honestly dont know how the Broncos can pass on a early RB this year. They have very little at the position, and will need a semblance of a running game to take some of the focus off Peyton until they get in sync

I agree. I completely forgot anything about Denver's need at that postion. They should have kept Tebow as a RB.

Irish you said you have done this in the past - how does this compare to those? Is this significantly slower? About the same? Did people lose interest and fade away like we have had here? We had 29 picks in the first 8 days and 30 in the subsequent 17. We might not finish three freaking rounds before the real draft starts. Hell it's been so long I looked at my pre- notes and am shaking my head wondering what I was thinking.

Can we start turbo-picking for MIA drafters? I am seeing people logged into the forums (multiple times) yet not getting picks in. This could have been done days/weeks ago. I realize not everyone camps the forums 24/7, not asking for that, but when a guy is active on forums yet doesn't pick for another 24 hours it's killing us. I'd suggest a 12 hour maximum after which anyone that's active in this draft can pick for them or get threads going with nominations and confirmations - if nothing else this might stimulate the conversation and commenting which is kind of hard to get going on at the current snail's pace.

In past year's we have done just 1 round, sometimes we've gotten through 2. This has dragged out but we're almost through 2 rounds and am happy about that. Just getting into the 3rd is nice an we have definitely dealt with more people bailing this year or not showing at all than in the past which is unfortunate. Hell, I think I've drafted for 6 or more teams at this point. I'm not so nuts about demanding picks be done within a certain time frame but that may be something to add for next year. Gotta go pick for the 49ers now...