[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Series: Det @ SF

Bier Meister

on paper...tigers look strong. can the giants get to verlander the way the did in the allstar game? better question.... how quickly can they get to the bullpen in general? while very strong through august, can the sf pitching staff hold off that awesome detroit lineup?

with the giants bats suddenly getting hot, can the tigers staff keep their era lower than wiegie in heels? how will they adapt to having their pitchers hit? how will the layoff effect them? if they win a game or two early, would this make them nervous?

Yes all good questions. I think that verlander is an absolute stud and will be a handful all series obviously but the fact of playing NL ball is the advantage and could play out to the giants advantage. The beauty of it is even if they fall behind in the series they have already shown time and time again that there is no quit in them. This should be a frickin battle but I have much hope as they have proven time and again that they are up to the challenge! So keep the momentum going and Let's Go Giants!!!!

I wouldn't use the all-star game as a barometer for how Verlander will pitch :lol: He said going in that he was going to give the fans what they wanted to see since he would only pitch an inning or two. They want him to throw 100 mph which he did out of the gate. That usually doesn't happen until much later in the game. None-the-less in hindsight, he helped cost us home field advantage in this World Series :angry: Well him and that Giant cheater Melky Cabrera who was the MVP of the game. Yep...Bud Selig is a genius.

Go Tigers!

Verlander will probably pitch three games if the series goes 7 games. It should be a competetive World Series. The Tigers bullpen scares mea bit, but the rotation is built for a 7 game series. Tigers in 5!

Verlander will probably pitch three games if the series goes 7 games. It should be a competetive World Series. The Tigers bullpen scares mea bit, but the rotation is built for a 7 game series. Tigers in 5!

Leyland doesn't roll that way. Verlander isn't pitching game 4 so he will only have 2 starts. Maybe some emergency relief in game 7 if necessary.

We are going Verlander, Fister, Sanchez, Scherzer. I'd prefer Scherzer then Sanchez but...

I wouldn't use the all-star game as a barometer for how Verlander will pitch :lol: He said going in that he was going to give the fans what they wanted to see since he would only pitch an inning or two. They want him to throw 100 mph which he did out of the gate. That usually doesn't happen until much later in the game. None-the-less in hindsight, he helped cost us home field advantage in this World Series :angry: Well him and that Giant cheater Melky Cabrera who was the MVP of the game. Yep...Bud Selig is a genius.

Go Tigers!

I certainly wasnt using it as a barometer... But I was sure that everyone and there mom not giving the Giants a shot in hell to beat Verlander was a bit of a stretch as they have been hot as can be vs. anyone they faced. So shocked by what happened tonight not really but did I think it would happen it was definitely 50/50 for me. I know what a beast Verlander is and this is a HUGH step in the right direction but it is a long long series...

<-----Stoked yes he is

<---- Still thinking it's very early to celebrate yes he is

<---- Rocking all Giants mojo and loving it yes he is

:coach: Let's Go Giants

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Giants are on a roll. I don't see how the Tigers recover from that whipping. They looked shell-shocked out there.

I don't know if you're some closet Tiger fan or something, but we'll have none of that reverse hex crap around here unless I'm playing it on the other team.

TIA

• Like 1

I don't know if you're some closet Tiger fan or something, but we'll have none of that reverse hex crap around here unless I'm playing it on the other team.

TIA

No, actually I'm not. :lol:

I just like the way this team plays. Like I said before, they remind me alot of the 85 Royals. And it's hard for me to get behind the Tigers, mainly because they are in the same division as us.

I watch the Tigers a lot obviously, so there are parts of their team I like. I love the way Verlander pitches when he's on, and I really like Leyland because he's always shown class to the Royals over the last few years. Especially with how he complements our young team and the talent we are starting to develop.

I absolutely hate the dog and pony show of Valverde when he comes into a game, but I'm guessing he's dialing that down at this point. :lol:

So, I'm curious. If they were going to make a late defensive sub for Panda, like they always do. Why didn't they do so when he was on base? Have to think the skinny guy they replace him with could run faster. Could have mattered if Pence got a single instead of a fly ball.

love what our pitchers are doing!!!

Madbum was on fire tonight :bow: With Casilla and Romo bringing it home :clap:

Impressive all the way through and loved the small ball execution in this one!!

Up 2-0 can't ask for more than that with Vogie and Cain on deck! Long way to go but good position to be in!

:headbang:

:coach: Let's Go Giants!!

• Like 1

Madbum was on fire tonight :bow: With Casilla and Romo bringing it home :clap:

Impressive all the way through and loved the small ball execution in this one!!

Up 2-0 can't ask for more than that with Vogie and Cain on deck! Long way to go but good position to be in!

:headbang:

:coach: Let's Go Giants!!

Was great to see Madbum bounce back from some previous poor performances. A solid effort for sure. And what a play at the plate! Perfect execution of the relay by the Giants!