[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sproles?

teakay88

I have read that he is expected to play this week. I could not find any information if he will be wearing an sort of cast or brace. Does anyone know if he will be 100% read to play? If he has any sort of cast or brace he will have very limited value because catching passes may not be possible. How are Sproles owners approaching this week?

Sproles was officially limited in Wednesday's practice, but he appears to be 100 percent. Due to the nature of his injury, conditioning should not be an issue. We're expecting Sproles to play his normal role in Sunday's game against the Raiders. Before going down in Week 8, he was averaging 5.5 catches and 3.7 carries per game.

Per Rotoworld.

My other options this week are McCluster, Royster or Jaquizz so I'll probably end up rolling with him this weekend.

Now I'm rethinking my position. Can people be a little more explicit about the injury and why it wouldn't affect his game so close to the date that it occurred, especially since he relies on catching the football to score a lot of his points?

I gotta agree. Definitely more info is needed.

The way I look at it Sproles is only valuable in a ppr at this point and if his ability to catch the ball is hindered at all he is most likely a sit if you have any other options. I am going to start M. Reece this week and hope that Sproles proves he is 100% for next week. I also am worried becasue Vitt seems to be more traditional running game heavy.

Edited by teakay88

The way I look at it Sproles is only valuable in a ppr at this point and if his ability to catch the ball is hindered at all he is most likely a sit if you have any other options. I am going to start M. Reece this week and hope that Sproles proves he is 100% for next week. I also am worried becasue Vitt seems to be more traditional running game heavy.

My take exactly. Curious to hear other's opinions.

Would the Saints return him to active status and use him in the game if he cannot properly catch the ball? Considerig that it is such a big part of what he does for the team? Why play him if he cannot be productive in his usual role?

I haven't seen him used in a game since his injury. Have you?

I haven't seen him used in a game since his injury. Have you?

Sure, I used my time machine to do that, too bad yours is broke. ;)

But seriously, what use is he to the Saints on the field if he cannot catach the ball. People are afraid he returns and cannot catch the ball, so he has very little fantasy value. It is not like the Saints struggled so much without him, so why let him play if he cannot fill his usual role.

Sure, I used my time machine to do that, too bad yours is broke. ;)

But seriously, what use is he to the Saints on the field if he cannot catach the ball. People are afraid he returns and cannot catch the ball, so he has very little fantasy value. It is not like the Saints struggled so much without him, so why let him play if he cannot fill his usual role.

:lol:

I can't answer that since my time machine is broke. :angry: But I'm wary about starting him in FF not having seen him since he got hurt and I'm not about to start guessing what is in Vitt's head.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:lol:

I can't answer that since my time machine is broke. :angry: But I'm wary about starting him in FF not having seen him since he got hurt and I'm not about to start guessing what is in Vitt's head.

Thanks you made my year, I was wondering if I could make you laugh. Understand that wariness, and people wanting more info. I probably wouldn't want to start him either without knowing what he can do on the field.

See how DMD and others change their projections for Saints RB later this week.

My concern is that he takes away balls from Ivory, not how well he plays. Someone's going to have to be deactivated on game day.

I just dropped Ivory in a 12 team redraft with shallow rosters just for this reason - had picked Ivory up on this Tuesday morning. Decided to just screw it with the NO RB situation. Not sure it can be accurately deciphered this week.

I'm a Sproles owner, and with Lynch on a bye and Julio Jones now a GTD I'm following this situation closely as well. We all know Sproles creates matchup problems for defenses, maybe that's his "value" if catching the ball with a cast is any sort of concern. If the defense has to commit a linebacker to shadow Sproles into the flat, that would seemingly open some lanes for Graham would it not?

(Just a thought.)

The team Sproles left is not the one he's returning to. They're playing a good balanced offense with a solid run/play action mix revolving around Brees. The Ivory/Ingram/PThomas three headed hydra has performed well. I believe Sproles will simply join the rotation by taking PThomas' reps.

I really don't see Ivory/Ingram going away. Sproles will produce when he gets a chance but that may be limited.

When Sproles went down I put all my chips on PThomas...and lost big.