[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry 90% of America

loaf

Wow, and people wonder why so many hate the Cowboys (or the powers that be that make sure they're on TV every weekend). Thankfully I have DirecTV so I won't have to watch this mess.

1st of all, they're not on around here every weekend, not even close. Matter of fact, they're not on here this weekend.

2nd of all, CBS has 4 early games to choose from...

Dal/Cle, Jets/Rams, Bengals/chiefs and Jags/Texans.

Which of these other 6 teams has a bigger nation wide fanbase than Dallas?

1st of all, they're not on around here every weekend, not even close. Matter of fact, they're not on here this weekend.

When they are the team that over the years has had a higher percentage of nationally televised games and media attention than any other team in the league it's not difficult to figure out why that is. The NFL has shoved Dallas down the rest of our throats long enough. I think they've been irrelevant long enough now that they shouldn't warrant the amount of attention they still get. Personally, I'd much rather see the Texans play or Bengals/Chiefs if I had to make a choice.

If there's some diehard Cowpoke fan living somewhere other than Texas, there's a good chance they have DirecTV so they can see their beloved play every week. Oh, but they really don't need it since the Cowboys are on TV just about every week.

That said, who gives a crap about a wider fanbase? How about just putting on the best game? A fan is going to figure out a way to see their team play. The rest of us would like a] some freakin' variety and b] the best possible product.

I'd much rather see the Texans/Jags (at least there's one "good" team playing there) or Bengals/Chiefs (should be a good game).

America's Team... :rolleyes:

Edited by darin3

If there's some diehard Cowpoke fan living somewhere other than Texas, there's a good chance they have DirecTV so they can see their beloved play every week. Oh, but they really don't need it since the Cowboys are on TV just about every week.

That said, who gives a crap about a wider fanbase? How about just putting on the best game? A fan is going to figure out a way to see their team play. The rest of us would like a] some freakin' variety and b] the best possible product.

I'd much rather see the Texans/Jags (at least there's one "good" team playing there) or Bengals/Chiefs (should be a good game).

In the Cities, there are two Cowboys' bars. There are no Texans' bars that I know of. There are certainly no Jags' bars. Hell, there aren't even Jags' bars in Jacksonville.

For rajn, you better hope the Cowboys win. Or it will be free Sean P to be the Cowboys' coach next year.

Edited by General Itals

When they are the team that over the years has had a higher percentage of nationally televised games and media attention than any other team in the league it's not difficult to figure out why that is. The NFL has shoved Dallas down the rest of our throats long enough. I think they've been irrelevant long enough now that they shouldn't warrant the amount of attention they still get. Personally, I'd much rather see the Texans play or Bengals/Chiefs if I had to make a choice.

By golly you 2 are right. I was at the bar after golf today and heard multiple guys saying " boy I wish that Bengals /Chiefs, -Texans/jags game was televised tomorrow." :fool:

Anybody that does'nt watch redzone's missing the boat anyway..

In the Cities, there are two Cowboys' bars. There are no Texans' bars that I know of. There are certainly no Jags' bars. Hell, there aren't even Jags' bars in Jacksonville.

For rajn, you better hope the Cowboys win. Or it will be free Sean P to be the Cowboys' coach next year.

don't know what 'the cities' are you're referring to, but as I said, when the cowboys have been shoved down our collective throats for as long as they have its not surprising that they have so many sheep that have been fooled into thinking they are following a winner.

And I have no idea why anyone would think that Payton or any viable coach would want to work for Jerry Jones. Just ask Payton's mentor, Parcells. What do you think he'd tell his friend?