[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Me and Julio down by the sidelines

loaf

I have Julio as well and can lock up a playoff spot with a win. All I got is this:

He didn't practice at all this week. The fact that the Falcons listed Jones as "questionable" rather than "doubtful" or "out" does indicate the club has not given up hope on Julio playing on game day. Jones returned after tweaking his right ankle in last week's loss to the Saints. While he's surely experienced some swelling since, Jones should be able to face the Cardinals if he performs well in a workout before the game. Cards-Falcons has a 1:00PM ET start Sunday. So we will know Jones' availability early in the day. Nov 16 - 3:42 PM

Source: D. Orlando Ledbetter on Twitter

I have him as well. Honestly it's going to be a game time decision, but one it's an early game which is good and two it's Julio he's played through injuries this year, the guy is amazing. My next option is Josh Gordon so I guess it will depend on who you have to put into his place because he's not going to be 100%.

Would not be the first time Julio is used mostly as a decoy when he's banged up.

A likely scenario is that they use him enough to maybe make the defense draw coverage that way, but that Ryan looks elsewhere for the most part. Maybe try some plays where he can burn people and limit the hits, but I just can't imagine they'll use him for things like screens and short passes to get the ball in his hands in space like they have been, when it appears to be what's gotten him banged up.

Unless Arizona just opts to leave him single-covered all game, I would greatly temper expectations for Julio. Now that the perfect season distraction is out of the way, expect the Falcons to take as many precautions as necessary to have everyone ready and healthy for the playoffs.

He looked pretty damn good after the injury last weekend... :thinking:

Actually I forgot about that, that he was injured early in the game and still came back and produced.

I do know that they've listed Roddy as questionable more times than I count, and he played and produced. The difference with Julio however is that Ryan now has more good options than just his 2 safety blankets Roddy and Tony G (who might be the biggest recipients if they want Julio to take it easy). It's hard to say...

I'm stuck playing him. My back up receivers are Britt and Nicks and they are both on bye. Wire is picked clean and I'm not going to drop anybody on my bench because I am 12/12 in waiver priority and I would never get them back.

I NEED to win this game too, rough situation.

I am heartened by the fact that he returned and looked good after the injury (I watched the game, he came back playing hard), but I know how these things can get worse before they get better with inflammation and such. C'MON JULIO!

When he came back he had one huge play that account for his fantasy day being salvage able (7 points) he also had a red zone target that went of his finger tips. There's also the whole road and home thing that was broken versus Dallas. The decoy aspect has me worried and is a very good point. Arizona is ranked 20th versus WR in espn standard scoring, so there will probably be better opportunities for White and Gonzo. Not that I know this with any certainty, but would Petersen cover White and Gay cover Julio Jones? If so I like the match up.

"According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, "Jones is adamant that he wants to play (Sunday against the Cardinals) and "will test out (his) ankle shortly."

Spin:

This confirms the game-time decision nature of Jones' Week 11 status, with Mortensen adding that if Jones is active Sunday, he's expected to be limited. We'll await confirmation, one way or the other of Jones' status, prior to the Falcons' 1:00 ET kickoff."

i just read this seems like it he'll be a decoy taking double coverage away from white or gonzo. benching him for gordon, smoss,streater,stockley doesn't feel right but it seems like it will have to be done.

per rotoword

Julio Jones is active for Sunday's game versus Arizona.

Jones didn't practice all week and was listed as questionable, but the fact that he returned to last week's game after rolling his ankle always was a good indication that he'd be fine for Week 11. Start Julio as you normally would.

I'm still starting him. Been burned too many times sitting a stud who was going to be "limited"

Yeah, I have to start him too. I'm tempted to play Ivory or LeShoure but will go for broke.

Okay you guys, you brought me back to reality, Julio Jones it is.

I would play him but I have other solid options like Andre Johnson, Dem. Thomas, Jamaal Charles, Alfred Morris and Trent Richardson. Still debating on starting him over 2 or 3 of those but he's on the pine.

I would play him but I have other solid options like Andre Johnson, Dem. Thomas, Jamaal Charles, Alfred Morris and Trent Richardson. Still debating on starting him over 2 or 3 of those but he's on the pine.

I think that's smart if you have other really good options, because the more I think about it, the less I know what to think here. Always expect the Falcons to claim a "questionable" injury is worse than it is, but to not mess around if it could hamper recovery.

I've spent the last 30 minutes debating bringing Randall Cobb up from my taxi squad, but just can't pull the trigger. Makes it a little easier in a dynasty with both Roddy and Julio to pick up eachother's slack.

I think that's smart if you have other really good options, because the more I think about it, the less I know what to think here. Always expect the Falcons to claim a "questionable" injury is worse than it is, but to not mess around if it could hamper recovery.

I've spent the last 30 minutes debating bringing Randall Cobb up from my taxi squad, but just can't pull the trigger. Makes it a little easier in a dynasty with both Roddy and Julio to pick up eachother's slack.

Exactly and for the record, I'd start Julio for sure over Cobb too.

If he didn't play last week after the injury, I would be less concerned. I need to play him. It's him or Boldin.

:coach: so let's go Julio!

I'd definitely roll with Julio over Boldin as Boldin has a rough matchup today, even tougher than Julio's and he's not nearly the stud.

When he came back he had one huge play that account for his fantasy day being salvage able (7 points) he also had a red zone target that went of his finger tips. There's also the whole road and home thing that was broken versus Dallas. The decoy aspect has me worried and is a very good point. Arizona is ranked 20th versus WR in espn standard scoring, so there will probably be better opportunities for White and Gonzo. Not that I know this with any certainty, but would Petersen cover White and Gay cover Julio Jones? If so I like the match up.

Not exactly broken....he has still never had more than 5 catches at home. Against Dallas in PPR(1pt) he scored 17.9 pts which believe it or not was close to 20% (18% to be exact) less than his AVERAGE (21.78) on the road.

Edited by keggerz