[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys win but boy was that ugly

Cowboyz1

I have to say, I was as close to turning off todays game as I have been in years. In fact, I just couldn't believe the way this game played out.

I hate Ogletree

After taking a step back, I thought, these Cowboys are a resilent bunch. I don't recall many Cowboys teams that can lose as many starters as they have yet still fight for 60+ minutes.

Starting RB Murray OUT

Backup RB Jones OUT, IN sort of, OUT again.

Starting Safety Church OUT

Backup Safety McCray Limited

Backup Rookie Safety Johnson OUT

Starting MLB Lee OUT

Backup MLB Conner OUT

Starting Center Costa OUT in OUT again

Backup Center Cook OUT

Starting LT Smith OUT

Starting DE Coleman OUT

Did you know this team has 23 players that are rookies or 2nd year players. 23 and still finding a way to get the job done.

The O line looks horrible as they let the Cleveland Browns sack Romo 7 times. 7 TIMES.

Slip threw 50 times today. 50 TIMES with no picks. That is saying something. He did have an inexcusable fumble which almost cost us the game. However, they didn't shy away from letting him sling it around and bring the boys back.

I hate Ogletree

That is the exact kind of fumble the keeps him in the limelight for bonehead plays. In that situation I don't care if your nuts are on fire, you can't fumble the ball in that situation. Just take the darn sack and go to third down for cryin out loud.

It was a good win for the boys but we aren't going anywhere if this line doens't play better. Free needs to pull his head out of his arse and start blocking. Losing Smith is a huge blow. I really don't think this line is going to be able to get it done which is sad because if they could give Romo just a little time he would be seriously lethal.

Did I mention I hate Ogletree.

The lone bright spot is the evolution of one Bruce Carter. This kid is rediculous. Sideline to Sideline this kid is just getting better and better. I'm so disappointed that Lee isn't out there with him. I can't wait until this defense gets all the starters back.

Thursday is going to be interesting.

• Like 1

After watching the game again, I found a few plays that were made that Cowboys teams don't make very often that was encouraging.

In the third quarter on 3rd down and about 6, Richardson took a pitch to the left and was flat stood up a brick walled by Sensa. Also the goal line stand by the Cowboys D was rare.

Slip made some great throws in this one.

I have to give credit to Cleveland, they came to play in this one.

Cleveland could have a bright future as they have some nice young talent but right now they arent very good. Barely beating that team doesnt deserve a thread . It deserves quietly saying :whew: and realizing we arent very good ourselves

It's quite obvious that Haden is the MVP of this team. Without him, you get what happened yesterday.

Cleveland could have a bright future as they have some nice young talent but right now they arent very good. Barely beating that team doesnt deserve a thread . It deserves quietly saying :whew: and realizing we arent very good ourselves

+1 on both

Cowboyz1,

Cannot believe you watched that game a second time and found more to crow about, seriously. You needed OT to beat the Browns. Your offense did nothing for a complete half of football.

I saw no mention of the glaring and painful no call on the false start of your LT while the Cowboys were driving to tie it up.

If Haden played, you guys lose that game for sure.

After watching the game again, I found a few plays that were made that Cowboys teams don't make very often that was encouraging.

In the third quarter on 3rd down and about 6, Richardson took a pitch to the left and was flat stood up a brick walled by Sensa. Also the goal line stand by the Cowboys D was rare.

Slip made some great throws in this one.

I have to give credit to Cleveland, they came to play in this one.

How many times do you think Kevin Mack got stonewalled like that by a DB? If you guessed 1, you'd be too high. Not sure why he got stuffed like that. Hardesty came in and I thought for a minute that someone had stolen his uni and entered the game as someone resembling an NFL caliber RB.

I'm a Cowboys fan but you have to be honest with yourself and admit this team sucks

Actually that is the sad part this team doesn't suck, they just play like crap. That is the good thing I take out of Cleveland we finally found a way to win, rather then the season's trend of finding ways to lose. Ugly win but more important we didn't fold down the stretch.

Edited by schmidty169

You have to hand it to Cowboys' fans. Only they could find all sorts of sources for optimism by squeaking out an OT win at home against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

And if we want to start listing overcoming injuries to starters, give me a few and I'll post the injuries GB has had while winning in DET and taking over 1st place in a much tougher division.