[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Branden Oliver

Capt. Stanky

1 and what does that have to do with anything.

Uh, I think anyone with any kind of track record here knows how latched on you were to a certain Panther RB.... and if memory serves I think you owned said dude in plenty of leagues.

I'm just saying that one's opinion of a player can get overly inflated by talking themselves into only focusing on the positives and ignoring any negatives.

We're all guilty of it (myself included), but some more so than others. Just try to have an open mind and realize every player has some upside and some downside.... and if you plan on just calling out all the positives, you better be ready to eat some crow if the player falters.

• Like 3

Uh, I think anyone with any kind of track record here knows how latched on you were to a certain Panther RB.... and if memory serves I think you owned said dude in plenty of leagues.

I'm just saying that one's opinion of a player can get overly inflated by talking themselves into only focusing on the positives and ignoring any negatives.

We're all guilty of it (myself included), but some more so than others. Just try to have an open mind and realize every player has some upside and some downside.... and if you plan on just calling out all the positives, you better be ready to eat some crow if the player falters.

Fair enough...I'll have my salt/pepper shakers on stand bye. I only have a spork though so it could take awhile to get that sucker down.

But I do believe he's a solid low end RB1 this week. That's all I'm saying. Long term? I think he slides into the Sproles roll when Mathews returns in 2 weeks.

Rookie mistake planning a honeymoon during waiver period.

Or for honeymooning somewhere without a wifi or 4g connection. You let her dictate no fantasy football on the honeymoon and she's already got a leg up on asking you to clothes shop with her on Sundays after you get back. Even if she's awesome in bed, fantasy football is 17 weeks long. Those 17 Sundays are more times than she's going to put out in a year even for a newlywed.

Edited by Tripleshot
  • Like 6

Or for honeymooning somewhere without a wifi or 4g connection. You let her dictate no fantasy football on the honeymoon and she's already got a leg up on asking you to clothes shop with her on Sundays after you get back. Even if she's awesome in bed, fantasy football is 17 weeks long. Those 17 Sundays are more times than she's going to put out in a year even for a newlywed.

:lol:

You kill me dude

Fair enough...I'll have my salt/pepper shakers on stand bye. I only have a spork though so it could take awhile to get that sucker down.

But I do believe he's a solid low end RB1 this week. That's all I'm saying. Long term? I think he slides into the Sproles roll when Mathews returns in 2 weeks.

Curious since you're a homer and usually have solid Chargers info, is Oliver a Sproles roll going forward guy, and Woodhead is not back next year? Just wondering for future value, could be worth acquring him in dynasty/keeper leauges.

Curious since you're a homer and usually have solid Chargers info, is Oliver a Sproles roll going forward guy, and Woodhead is not back next year? Just wondering for future value, could be worth acquring him in dynasty/keeper leauges.

I do like Oliver in the Sproles roll. I mean his size and his jersey number are gonna create comparisons based on that alone :lol: .. Its inevitable. But yes, I think the dude is massively talented but I'm not gonna speculate on the future of Woodhead. Woodhead is signed through 2016 so he's gonna be in the mix. But they are great compliments to each other and have a very similar style and skill set. Keep in mind, as much as i'm tooting Olivers horn, we have a VERY SMALL sample size to critique. But I love this guy for all the reasons I've already stated.

you do realize that Oliver has passed up D.Brown on the depth even upon his return right? No way in hell Ronnie Brown gets lead back duties over Oliver. No way in hell. He's a solid low end RB1 this week. Just my 2 :2cents:

Disclaimer... I'm not even sure how many leagues I own Oliver in (without looking), but I'm pretty certain it's just a couple. In all of my leagues, he was either already rostered prior to this week, or I didn't have a high enough waiver priority (or bid high enough) to get him. In other words, in the couple of leagues where I do have him, I acquired him weeks ago, as a flier (deeper leagues).

That said, I pretty much agree with what Taz says above. If there ever was a week to play Oliver with confidence, I would think this would be it. Last week, there was even less of a sample size to look at, in terms of Oliver. In a couple of weeks, Matthews will be back (most likely). And, one would think that Brown (Ronnie) will be more "ready" next week than he will this week. If Donald Brown is indeed inactive, it's a no-brainer, IMO.

My assumption is that Ronnie was signed as depth, simply so that they have two active RB's this week. In other words, I think Oliver will play as much as possible, with Brown spelling him. Not so much as the "change of pace" back, but as the backup. So, worst case (in my opinion), Oliver gets a 50/50 split. More realistically, I think he sees 60-80% of the snaps. Against the Raiders, I'll take it, either way.

• Like 1

I had my eye on Oliver ever since watching him in the preseason game against the Cowboys. And for those of you who don't think you can find players by watching preseason :fool:

Anyways, this guy is the real deal. I promise you. I have an eye for talent. Oliver is an every down RB and is a special talent who most certainly has the IT factor. Don't be surprised to see Oliver remain as the starting RB for the next 6+ years. I keep reading opinions that he will only fill the Danny Woodhead role, that he isn't a bell cow. I promise, those opinions are wrong. Draft/pickup/trade for Oliver with confidence. He is the starting RB in Charger land for the foreseeable future, imo.

• Like 1

I had my eye on Oliver ever since watching him in the preseason game against the Cowboys. And for those of you who don't think you can find players by watching preseason :fool:

Anyways, this guy is the real deal. I promise you. I have an eye for talent. Oliver is an every down RB and is a special talent who most certainly has the IT factor. Don't be surprised to see Oliver remain as the starting RB for the next 6+ years. I keep reading opinions that he will only fill the Danny Woodhead role, that he isn't a bell cow. I promise, those opinions are wrong. Draft/pickup/trade for Oliver with confidence. He is the starting RB in Charger land for the foreseeable future, imo.

Absolutely agree and I never saw him until last week. But this guy runs......different. Like he's 3 foot tall running at the defense's kneecaps. I hate I only got him in one league. I would lay money on some decent odds he's a top RB by the end of the year.

Considering that Ohio state was by far the best rush d they faced, I would say his performance there was underwhelming. But I like the way he works and when the O line opens up a little room for him he takes full advantage. he never stops moving his feet after he is hit. He can be a 20 touch guy in the NFL much like he was in college where last season he averaged 25 touches a game.

I picked him up last week on waivers and gave him the start this week against OAK and I was surprised and excited by how well he did. I think two 100 + yard weeks in a row gives him a great chance to be the main guy after ma Mathews returns. We'll see how he does against the Cheifs who have given up 3 100 yard games but no TDs to RBs. Now if only Sankey could come close to this

• 2 weeks later...

Big game for Oliver tonight going against another good run defense on the road and thee offensive powerhouse in the NFL. I know many people are debating on whether or not to start him tonight. My advice is to start him. IMO, Oliver is a top 10 RB right now. Who would I rank above him?

Murray

Lynch

Charles

Foster

Forte

Bell

That's about it for me. So that ranks Oliver as RB 7 (according to me). Unless you have 2 of the above, Oliver is a must start imo. I can't wait to see how he performs against a divisional opponent on the road. He catches the ball too, so he's not limited by rushing touches only. Should be a fun game to watch!

Big game for Oliver tonight going against another good run defense on the road and thee offensive powerhouse in the NFL. I know many people are debating on whether or not to start him tonight. My advice is to start him. IMO, Oliver is a top 10 RB right now. Who would I rank above him?

Murray

Lynch

Charles

Foster

Forte

Bell

That's about it for me. So that ranks Oliver as RB 7 (according to me). Unless you have 2 of the above, Oliver is a must start imo. I can't wait to see how he performs against a divisional opponent on the road. He catches the ball too, so he's not limited by rushing touches only. Should be a fun game to watch!

thanks for the jinx
  • Like 1

Murray

Lynch

Charles

Foster

Forte

Bell

I'd go with-

Jennings

Forsett

Bradshaw

Miller

Vereen

Bernard

Ellington

McCoy

Edited by irish

I don't believe in jinxes, but, yeah. He doesn't look good at all tonight. I know it's easier to blame the O-line but I'm seeing holes that he just isn't cutting back on. He just doesn't look good tonight. That's for sure. Rookie UDFA with a short week?

just jerkin your chain. I started him a league where every decision I've made this year has been wrong so Im not surprised
  • Like 1

just jerkin your chain. I started him a league where every decision I've made this year has been wrong so Im not surprised

Yeah, I hear ya. I've won money for 12 straight seasons and I am having a forgettable season. I'm not out of it by any means....

Whoa! An Oliver sighting!!!