[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offered Priest for Willie Parker

FootballMom

I have been offered Priest Holmes for Willie Parker. Should I accept? Does it decrease my options to have BOTH Holmes and LJ?

8-team league

Typical scoring except rushing TD's are 6 and receiving TD's are 3 points.

My team:

Bulger, Favre

S. Alexander, Rudi, Larry Johnson, W. Dunn, W. Parker, Thomas Jones

R. Moss, T. Holt, DJax, A. Johnson, A. Lelie

Janikowski

Steelers

His team:

Vick, K. Warner, D. Brees

Holmes, Steven Jackson, Westbrook

Evans, Kennison, S. Moss, M. Robinson, Stokley, R. Wayne, Burleson, B. Edwards

Akers

Patriots

OK, there always has to be a dissenting vote. I'll be the one. Priest was the top back in seasons past, but...there's a guy named Larry Johnson that will take alot of Priest's thunder this year. Priest is on his way down. Parker could be lightening this year. Gotta give Wille a chance, could take the NFL by speed, power, and elusiveness. I don't buy anything about Staley, and Bettis. This is a business, not a pop warner league. Cowher and anyone else would have to be insane to bench Parker or have him share touches. Parker is the man. Give him a chance, especially this week against HOU :D

OK, there always has to be a dissenting vote.  I'll be the one.  Priest was the top back in seasons past, but...there's a guy named Larry Johnson that will take alot of Priest's thunder this year. Priest is on his way down.  Parker could be lightening this year.  Gotta give Wille a chance, could take the NFL by speed, power, and elusiveness.  I don't buy anything about Staley, and Bettis.  This is a business, not a pop warner league.  Cowher and anyone else would have to be insane to bench Parker or have him share touches.  Parker is the man.  Give him a chance, especially this week against HOU  :D

988404[/snapback]

Thanks, BombsAway--You seem to be the only one who thinks like I have about this one. IF Priest were getting ALL or nearly all the carries for KC, it would be a no-brainer. But he isn't. AND, what if Parker ends up being THIS YEAR'S "past Priest "? Not out of the question, given he plays for a team that has a great offensive line and LOVES to run the ball. As I recall, Priest wasn't drafted very high when he came out of college--kind of like Parker too. (Maybe I'm wrong on that one, but that sort of rings a bell.)

priest will get far more tds then willie.. the bus will still steal those goal line carries once he is healthy.. willie could very well be the next holmes. i say trade though. id try to move priest though and see what you can get for a big name like him.. might wanna wait til he out gains johnson and his value rises.

I have to take a dissenting view, too. :D

1. Priest has gotten injured in the last two seasons. He might be at the point where this might happen every season.

2. Bettis is older than Priest! Can one really think that Willie will be taking a back seat for long?

3. Rothensberg (sp) threw 11 passes in the last game. It was only one game, but it looks like the Steelers will be focusing more on the run this year. (Of course, so will the Chiefs.)

4. Looks more like to me that Priest will share the ball more with LJ than Willie will with Bettis.

5. You have Larry Johnson. Can you see yourself starting both Priest and LJ?

FF isn't about the status quo. To be successful, one has to spot the trends, and take advantage of them.

Had to edit this because I misread your first post, and thought you could trade Priest for Parker. My points are still valid (at least to myself). I wouldn't trade Parker for Holmes.

Edited by Jerry's Kids

I have to take a dissenting view, too.  :D

1. Priest has gotten injured in the last two seasons. He might be at the point where this might happen every season.

2. Bettis is older than Priest! Can one really think that Willie will be taking a back seat for long?

3.  Rothensberg (sp) threw 11 passes in the last game. It was only one game, but it looks like the Steelers will be focusing more on the run this year. (Of course, so will the Chiefs.)

4. Looks more like to me that Priest will share the ball more with LJ than Willie will with Bettis.

5. You have Larry Johnson. Can you see yourself starting both Priest and LJ?

FF isn't about the status quo. To be successful, one has to spot the trends, and take advantage of them.

One other thing... perhaps you can try to get someone else along with Parker with the trade. But if you can't, I say you should still go for it.

988539[/snapback]

staley will take some of parker's yardage carries.. the bus will only take his tds.

staley will take some of parker's yardage carries..  the bus will only take his tds.

988541[/snapback]

There we go again with Staley. Think outside the box man, Staley is always hurt. He wore out his welcome in Philly, and obviously Cowher doesn't have all the confidence in him. Thats why Bettis comes in frequently. Parker is the whole package. Staley is a has been, just an ordinary back with no special skills. So tell me some more about Staley and Bettis.

Priest is done, he'll post some stats but nothing like 2 years ago. LJ will get the majority of the carries before the season is over. him