[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attention Frozen Pizza Afficianados

Chief Dick

I have always been a Tony's or Totino's fan. Can't beat the pure pizza pleasure at .99/each. However, there is a contender in the mix now.

Cafe Sartino

Aldi

A clear winner here in my opinion. Good taste AND the crust is just magical.

I've always loved Totinos.

For a more expensive/better quality frozen pizza, the best hands down is.............. Connie's. They may be local only (Chicago) but if you ever see them, buy one - you won't be disappointed!!

Edited by Brentastic

I certainly like the price on the Totino's and the fact they're quick n' easy and just the right size for a quick lunch. But I MUST have extra mozzarella on those bad boys. They taste like ass as-is, I'm afraid.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is absolutely NO comparison in frozen pizzas to Freschetta's Brick Oven pepperoni. They're pretty pricey ($5-6, usually), but worth every dime. I actually prefer them to Domino's and the "fast food" pizza (except Pizza Hut pan pizza has come a long way).

Will have to check out some of these other brands, as I AM the pizza king. :D

I certainly like the price on the Totino's and the fact they're quick n' easy and just the right size for a quick lunch. But I MUST have extra mozzarella on those bad boys. They taste like ass as-is, I'm afraid.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is absolutely NO comparison in frozen pizzas to Freschetta's Brick Oven pepperoni. They're pretty pricey ($5-6, usually), but worth every dime. I actually prefer them to Domino's and the "fast food" pizza (except Pizza Hut pan pizza has come a long way).

Guarantee that once you go Connies, you'll never go back. I've tried the pizza you mention but it is not as good as the Connies. The beauty of Connies is the sauce is the bomb and the crust is crisp and also da bomb. Next time you're this way, you must get one.

Not frozen pizza, but we had some awesome homemade pizza tonight. Simply take uncooked flour tortillas (from Sam's Club) fry them a bit in a pan, top with Ragu Pizza Sauce, browned Spicy Chicken Sausage (from Sprouts) and Colby/Cheddar cheese and throw them in the oven. The tortillas got nice and crispy in the oven. Damn tasty stuff.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I bought a Freschetta's Brick Oven 5 cheese or something like that. It was decent but it didn't seem to go far, kinda small.

Not frozen pizza, but we had some awesome homemade pizza tonight. Simply take uncooked flour tortillas (from Sam's Club) fry them a bit in a pan, top with Ragu Pizza Sauce, browned Spicy Chicken Sausage (from Sprouts) and Colby/Cheddar cheese and throw them in the oven. The tortillas got nice and crispy in the oven. Damn tasty stuff.

Good stuff.

We'll usually buy the boboli and then add our own toppings.

Edited by twiley

Nothing like a way too hot Totinos to burn the roof of yer mouth hammered at 3 AM- good times.

Frozen pies- I go basic- Totino's, Tony's or Red Baron(makes an underrated pep) - on a side note- for you Chicago pie lovers- had some Rosatti's Chi style thin/thick delivered- outstanding, and I am in the Arizona desert right now- was shocked at how authentic it was

I bought a Freschetta's Brick Oven 5 cheese or something like that. It was decent but it didn't seem to go far, kinda small.

Good stuff.

We'll usually buy the boboli and then add our own toppings.

Too small? Oh, maybe for you and twoobs. :D I usually polish the entire thing off by myself. And for some reason, the 5 cheese one wasn't as good as the pepperoni. Buy one for yourself while twoobs is giving birth or something. :D

Too small? Oh, maybe for you and twoobs. :D I usually polish the entire thing off by myself. And for some reason, the 5 cheese one wasn't as good as the pepperoni. Buy one for yourself while twoobs is giving birth or something. :D

Definitely not a 2 person pizza. :tup: