[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2007 Projection Spreadsheet -- 8/01/07

rhino

Sorry guys, but I got started on this late. The first cut is complete, and ready for download.

Because this spreadsheet contains "HME" (Huddle Member Exclusive) data, you are asked to keep this spreadsheet for yourself, and not share the location nor the sp-sheet with non-huddlers. Your effort in this matter is appreciated.

Go here to download a zip file, which contains the spreadsheet.

There are 3 versions on this site:

1. Wtd Avg 2007 Projections 080107.zip This is the one you want to try first. If you can't get this to open after it's downloaded, then try the next on the list. This version was created using Excel 2002. It contains a lot of formulas, macros, etc.

2. Wtd Avg 2007 Projections 080107 97.zip Try this download if you can't get the above one to work. This version was created using Excel 2002, and "save as" Excel v97. It should contain all of the above functionality, but the resulting file size is almost double the size of the above.

3. Wtd Avg 2007 Projections 080107 95.zip Try this download only as a last resort. This version was created using Excel 2002, and "save as" Excel v95. This version loses a lot of functionality, which I'm now forgetting which functionality is not supported. I believe conditional formatting is lost in this version.

Problems opening file

There will be several of you that will have problems opening the sp-sheet. There's a workaround for these unlucky few. But, it's too late to go into that right now. If you have problems, post it on here, and I'll (or some other generous huddler) will post the workaround later. I apologize in advance if you fall into this category.

Content

The content is the same as last year, with updated figures. Since I got started later than I wanted to, I did not get a chance to upgrade with:

a. Adding auction values

b. Adding std dev to "Avg Draft Pick" data.

Due to the late hour, I'll post a longer reply on this thread that contains the "How Do I Use This Thing?!"

Couple Quick Hints

1. I copy this workbook for each league that I'm in, having a separate file for each league. Thus, I can tailor it for the said league.

2. There are duplicate tabs in the back of this workbook that are tailored for TE-required and non-TE-required leagues. It is recommended to delete the following tabs, based on your league setup. It will (i) result in a smaller file; and (ii) allow the recalculations to perform quicker.

a. "Draft" or "Draft, No TEs"

b. "One Pager" or "One Pager, No TEs"

c. ("WR Rank II" and "TE Rank II") or "WR-TE Rank II"

d. ("WR Rank" and "TE Rank") or "WR-TE Rank"

3. Update the "Scoring Tab" with your league's scoring rules.

4. "Automatic Calculation" is turned OFF. Thus, when you change a value (scoring rules, projections, weights, etc), PUSH <F9> to recalculate the results.

5. "Recalculating the results" does NOT perform an automatic resort of the rankings. You must go to the "Rank" pages to do the resort, as you see fit (can resort by Name, Team, Bye, Projected Points, etc). After "resorting" is done, it is required to push <F9> again to update the "Rank II" and "One Pager" tabs with the new sorted order from the "Rank" tab. (Confusing, huh? But, you'll get the hang of it.)

6. I tried to shade all cells containing formulas with a pale yellow. Avoid entering data into these cells.

7. Updates will be provided on the same website, throughout the pre-season.

8. Projections include data from : Huddle, FFToday, Fantasy Sharks, Fox Sports, Rototimes

More later. :D

BTW, this sp-sheet was started years ago by another huddler -- Dr Bob. It contained the computations for Average Projections data. I simply modified it over the years to contain Weighted Average Projections, plus a lot of the bells and whistles. Where this thing has evolved, props go to Dr. Bob for the original design and implementation.

If you know of any other websites that is offering their projections FREE, please let me know and I'll include their data in the next release.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic