[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets-Colts Showdown II Grudge Match!

Rovers

:D

The Jets are on a roll, and this is no time to stop doing sig line bets! Again, the Jets will be heavy dogs. No risk here, Colts fans. Surely the "undefeated" Colts cannot be beaten at home by the lowly AFC fifth seed. Should be a cakewalk. Signups here.

:wacko:

Well, like I said, I'm in and it sounded like Cdrudge was in also (which is cool, 'cause he's coincidentally from Fort Wayne, like me - never met though).

Before I 100% commit, I do want to know what exactly the sig would be. So come up up with something for the participants to take a look at.

I'll try to do the same. Cdrudge, jump on in here if you want.

I'll assume the bet would last through the Super Bowl.

I'll be there, like I was when our teams met in the regular season (two of the three games I made it to this year). Looking forward to it for sure. Should be an amazing atmosphere. I'm a little bummed 'cause I like to get my drink on at things like this, but I'll have my wife and three boys in tow with a two+ hour drive afterward so I'll have to curtail my partying. The sacrifices we as parents make eh?

I don't know how a sig can be written before the game is played. It won't be anything terribly stooopid. Nothing like Mannings sucks, that sort of dopey nonsense. Might be a mention of week 16, which team is better, etc.

You on the other hand, would write the sig for us Jets fans. Again, can't see how that can be written till after the game. For examples, see the sig threads for the Cinci and SD games. :wacko:

That is the suspense of a sig bet... what might it be?

I usually go one week for sigs... sound OK?

Meh :D what the heck, I'll jump in on this.

They have some motivation from the media talking about how they were let into the playoffs (and,they were). I do respect the game the Jets will be bringing to us and feel like it could be a very similar game that we saw last week with SD. Similar except in the outcome :wacko:

I don't know how a sig can be written before the game is played. It won't be anything terribly stooopid. Nothing like Mannings sucks, that sort of dopey nonsense. Might be a mention of week 16, which team is better, etc.

You on the other hand, would write the sig for us Jets fans. Again, can't see how that can be written till after the game. For examples, see the sig threads for the Cinci and SD games. :D

That is the suspense of a sig bet... what might it be?

Ok, that's fine.

I'd wish you good luck, but I wouldn't mean it. :wacko:

Nothing like Mannings sucks, that sort of dopey nonsense.
Hopefully we can still say that Sanchez sucks...right?

My vote would be until the Superbowl so about 2 weeks depending on when we figure out what your sig will be. This is for the AFC Championship...there's just a little more on the line then the regular season.

Hopefully we can still say that Sanchez sucks...right?

My vote would be until the Superbowl so about 2 weeks depending on when we figure out what your sig will be. This is for the AFC Championship...there's just a little more on the line then the regular season.

If Sanchez does suck, fine. If he throws 2 picks... sure. Trash talk is fine... as long as it has some basis in reality. Now if Manning throws 3 piks, I can say he sucked, but won't say he sucks. Reality based. Two weeks? Fine by me.

I was thinking about this and do you realize, that of the AFL champions that won the SB (Jets in III and Chiefs in IV) neither has even RETURNED to SB, much less won one? I think you can count the AFC title games the two have appeared in since the merger on one hand.

..if you have six fingers.

Well, it's 4 AFC title games now.

Driving home from the game - well.... wife is. Our seats were surrounded by a bunch of Jets fans and I'll give every last one of them my own personal props. Very cool people. That said... Rovers. Infinity. You're up.

Ohh... still looking for s streaming site for game 2.

Suggestions?

Edited by Cunning Runt

Cunning Runt, Tonyr0802, and myself all approve of the following message:

[co lor=#1B4A7E][si ze=4]I, as Jets Fan, acknowledge that the only reason we were in the playoffs to begin with is because the Colts sat their starters in the first meeting and that they properly disposed of our asses in the AFC Championship game. They're clearly a better team. Go Colts - win the Super Bowl !![/si ze][/co lor]

Just remove the spaces in "co lor" and "si ze"

ETA: And don't forget, it needs to stay there until at least kickoff of the Super Bowl. If you want to leave it longer, you are welcome to as well.

Edited by cdrudge