[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY JETS

Shorttynaz

I must say I the Jets were close to being my #1 most hated team in the NFL..

But - WHAT A SEASON!! All I have to say is the Jets and their fans have nothing to hang their heads about. Playoff losses are tough to swallow - especially when you're that close (really not trying to rub anything in). But seriously. What a season, and what a gem they have in Mark Sanchez. I must say I wasn't a believer in him earlier this season, the wow. They have showed these past few games that they are becomming the cream of the crop in the AFC East. I'm surprised on how fast the Pats have fallen.

It's gonna be a blast watching this team mature in the offseason and make another serious push next year.

Congrats again on a fantastic season!!!!! :wacko:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanchez doesn't look all that special to me :wacko:
He's a rookie. Even if he doesn't turn into a Manning or Brady (and he won't) he doesn't need to be. A great D and an extremely solid running game reduces what is required of Sanchez. If he can become a serviceable game manager who they don't have to worry about costing them game, he won't have to win the game. I think Jets fans have a lot to look forward to the next couple of years.

+1

"What a season"...really? 9-7?

Yeah really. Seriously too.

A team who most didn't expect much from and with a rookie QB no less get to the brink of the SB. I think that qualifies as "what a season." They are talented and young. Watch for them going forward IMO.

+1

"What a season"...really? 9-7? and pretty lucky to get in the playoffs.

They played tough in the playoffs, I'll give them that. They surprised there.

It doesn't matter how you get in. Once they were in, they had equal chances to win it as did every other team.

9-7 turned into 11-8 by season end.

Mark Sanchez played great today, that final interception was a brilliant tip by Clowney....i say brilliant sarcastically.

People should have respect for the Jets for beating all the odds, aside from the Colts. Which was going to be tough and we all knew that. Beating a tough Cinci team and a great SD team. We even played the Colts well in the first half. Everyone has to lose some time. I just hope that as a Jet fan people show us a little more respect.

Edited by Infinity

It doesn't matter how you get in. Once they were in, they had equal chances to win it as did every other team.

9-7 turned into 11-8 by season end.

Mark Sanchez played great today, that final interception was a brilliant tip by Clowney....i say brilliant sarcastically.

People should have respect for the Jets for beating all the odds, aside from the Colts. Which was going to be tough and we all knew that. Beating a tough Cinci team and a great SD team. We even played the Colts well in the first half. Everyone has to lose some time. I just hope that as a Jet fan people show us a little more respect.

Nope. Sorry, just can't give you any...

3 games above .500?? you played above your heads in the playoffs, I'll give you that.

Jets get my respect. Sanchez had an up and down season, but come playoffs he played well and at times he played great.

For all the people who say they backed into playoffs, it doesn't matter. Cinci didn't lay down for them again, did they? No. And neither did the Chargers. Both those teams made a lot of mistakes under a lot of pressure from the Jets Defense. And the Colts, Jets were winning that game at half time. Ryans quote about Manning was great, I love his openess and real-world honesty there. Instead of dodging the interview like BB, or giving generic answers, he talked like a regular guy after a loss.

The team does seem to have bought into Ryans system and mentality, it will be interesting to see if they grow from this to become a force in that div or a one year wonder. I think it will be the former.

He's a rookie. Even if he doesn't turn into a Manning or Brady (and he won't) he doesn't need to be. A great D and an extremely solid running game reduces what is required of Sanchez. If he can become a serviceable game manager who they don't have to worry about costing them game, he won't have to win the game. I think Jets fans have a lot to look forward to the next couple of years.

Teams in this era are built around their QB. They need to be more than just serviceable, which

was evident yesterday. When Greene went out and the Colts stepped up their D, the game was over.

Now, he's just a rookie and showed some flashes. Will he progress is anybody's guess.

People have always hated the Jets. Why is a mystery to me, but it's very old schtick. I could care less.

Yes, this was a great season. I didn't believe in Sanchez either, but I do now. When he took that massive hit from Freeney and still drilled that TD pass into Keller... the kid has come of age. He was the best Jet on the field yesterday. The Jets made the Colts sweat for a while, although the arrogant Colts fans are too busy trash talking to ever admit it. Nuthin new there either.

I love the HC and the rest of the CS. Sanchez... has NO chance to ever be a really good, top 5 type QB? Why? That's as stupid as saying he's a lock to be that good. The kid played a great game yesterday. Is there some reason he can't get better?

This is a fairly young team, with only a couple of older vets that only have a year or two left, like Ellis and Faneca, they need a fierce pass rusher and another good CB if they hope to ever beat the Colts, but most of the pieces are in place. I fully expect this team to win the AFC East next year. Getting a bye will be more difficult.

I'm over the disappointment, and love where Rex Ryan has taken this team. Manning had to be near perfect to win yesterday, and he was. No doubt in my mind he is the best QB of his era. He's unbelievable. But the Jets used to be unable to win the division, now I think they can. The next hurdle is winning the AFC, and as long as Manning is around... that will be extremely difficult to do.

Still, a great year for an underdog team with a rookie HC and QB. The Jets went out and won two playoff games on the road as away dogs. Chopped down the "hottest team" in the AFC in the process. Then they held a lead going into the second half against Indy. That, no matter what anyone says, is a good year.

The Jets made the Colts sweat for a while, although the arrogant Colts fans are too busy trash talking to ever admit it. Nuthin new there either.

I'm not too busy trash talking to admit I was worried. Although 4 plays and 58 seconds later, I was feeling a lot better.

It seems to me Rovers, you can talk a little smack, but you can't take it. The "trash talk" you speak of, is pretty tame. Geez.

Edited by CaptainHook

I'm not all that impressed even though they made it to the AFC Championship. The defeat over the Chargers was very impressive however beating the Bengals was no big deal IMO. The Bengals hadn't played well in a very long time and were the weakest team in the playoffs in my mind. The Jets played well for maybe 1.5 quarters against the Colts and didn't do anything after halftime. I never expected them to be in the playoffs so they definitely overachieved but I don't see anything they did as being special.

I do think the Jets have a great nucleus in Revis, Sanchez, Keller, Greene, Washington, Mangold, and Ferguson. I'd throw in Faneca, but he's too old to be part of this youth movement. Definitely in a better situation than most teams. Ryan's defensive concept is great against most quarterbacks. I think they will be contenders for the forseeable future.

But, their wide receivers are awful. They don't have a #1 WR on the roster. Jets fans were holding their breath hoping Braylon Edwards made the catch on that bomb. His ridiculous dance after he scored was hilarious. He really should have just knelt down and thanked God he didn't drop it. Cotchery is just ok. After that, they have nothing.

Defensively, relying on Kris Jenkins and Donald Strickland to stay healthy, is not a great plan. They really need a consistent pass rusher so they don't have to blitz so much. Their other cornerbacks are servicable, but would be better with a pass rush. Their linebackers and safeties are average as well.

That being said, I think you can say the above about a lot of good teams (good group of core players, the rest are role players). But the Jets have a great young group of very good players. If they can find a wide receiver and a pass rusher, they move up from "good" to "very good". And they have a few years to figure it out.

A lot of Jets fans I've come across really felt like the Jets "deserved" to win this game. They didn't. The Colts have had years of frustration to get to this point. I'd have been pissed to see some rookie QB make the Super Bowl as if it was easy. I think that's why I dislike Brady so much. The Jets will be around for a while, but Sanchez has no idea how to work as hard as Peyton Manning does. Not yet.

Edited by CaptainHook

My question is if they still had Favre would they be in the Super Bowl with that o-line, running game and defense? :wacko:

Brett went to arguably a equivalent team in the Vikes, but Sanchez lost a could games for teh jets with rookie growing pains. With Brett does he make those WRs for the Jets BETTER like he has done throughout his career? :D

I do think the Jets have a great nucleus in Revis, Sanchez, Keller, Greene, Washington, Mangold, and Ferguson. I'd throw in Faneca, but he's too old to be part of this youth movement. Definitely in a better situation than most teams. Ryan's defensive concept is great against most quarterbacks. I think they will be contenders for the forseeable future.

But, their wide receivers are awful. They don't have a #1 WR on the roster. Jets fans were holding there breath hoping Braylon Edwards made the catch on that bomb. Cotchery is just ok. After that, they have nothing.

Defensively, relying on Kris Jenkins and Donald Strickland to stay healthy, is not a great plan. They really need a consistent pass rusher so they don't have to blitz so much. Their other cornerbacks are servicable, but would be better with a pass rush. Their linebackers and safeties are average as well.

That being said, I think you can say the above about a lot of good teams (good group of core players, the rest are role players). The Jets have a great young group of very good players. If they can find a wide receiver and a pass rusher, they move up from "good" to "very good". And they have a few years to figure it out.

A lot of Jets fans I've come across really felt like the Jets "deserved" to win this game. They didn't. The Colts have had years of frustration to get to this point. I'd have been pissed to see some rookie QB make the Super Bowl as if it was easy. I think that's why I dislike Brady so much. The Jets will be around for a while, but Sanchez has no idea how to work as hard as Peyton Manning does. Not yet.

Cotchery has TERRIFIC hands and better than average route running. I think what he lacks is quickness. He is a great #2/possesion receiver. Braylon has potential but something is up with his hands. The receivers did not lose us the game and they are not awfule. I wouldnt trade Cotchery for another #2 today, and I am being serious. I would trade Braylon for a good #1 but who wouldnt?

Defensively, all season they lacked the pass rush. They need to improve on this hands down. In the draft I want to see them draft an Oline man (1st or 2nd round) and a OLB who can rush the QB.

Fans always think their team deserves to win and should win...if you don't feel that way you are not a fan. I don't care what the Colts did in the previous years and that has nothing to do with the win they had this weekend. The Colts were the better team that day and won. Whoever "deserves" winning is so irrelevant in sports.

Congrats to the Colts and I hope they beat the Saints.

I've stayed away from this Favre debate, but I feel pretty strongly that I don't trust Favre to not throw critical interceptions in big games.

Not only does he throw picks, but they are often terrible decisions.

The one yesterday was just awful.

I think the Jets are in a much better place without him.

Cotchery has TERRIFIC hands and better than average route running. I think what he lacks is quickness. He is a great #2/possesion receiver. Braylon has potential but something is up with his hands. The receivers did not lose us the game and they are not awfule. I wouldnt trade Cotchery for another #2 today, and I am being serious. I would trade Braylon for a good #1 but who wouldnt?

So you've got a #1 who drops the ball, and a #2 that lacks quickness.

Like I said, it needs an upgrade.

I don't care what the Colts did in the previous years and that has nothing to do with the win they had this weekend.

That's where you're wrong. The Colts have learned a lot over the years about big games, about AFC Championships. They let their play do the talking. They don't panic when they are down. They make great adjustments on the fly. They've learned how to focus and prepare for these games. I thought that was pretty evident yesterday. When the Colts scored before the half, you could see the dejection of the Jets. And they had the lead.

So you've got a #1 who drops the ball, and a #2 that lacks quickness.

Like I said, it needs an upgrade.

No you didn't say that. you said they were awful. And not every team has 2 QUICK guys on their roster. My point is, Cotchery is good at the #2 spot and I would trade Braylon for a better option. They are not awful.