[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T. Heap Updates...post here

AO

I have not really spoken about him because there is not much to report. He will not play this week, again, and he might play next week, again. But he has not really practiced much and still has problems with his knee trying to make cuts. I am not so sure he will be back in anyu appreciable role this season. The Ravens have not spoken at length about it and while he has not been placed on IR, he has been out for like the last ten weeks or so.

I think he is a lost cause this season. If his knee has not healed in ten weeks enough to allow him to fully practice, I would not expect anything much from him for at least a few weeks, if then.

I have not really spoken about him because there is not much to report. He will not play this week, again, and he might play next week, again. But he has not really practiced much and still has problems with his knee trying to make cuts. I am not so sure he will be back in anyu appreciable role this season. The Ravens have not spoken at length about it and while he has not been placed on IR, he has been out for like the last ten weeks or so.

I think he is a lost cause this season. If his knee has not healed in ten weeks enough to allow him to fully practice, I would not expect anything much from him for at least a few weeks, if then.

576595[/snapback]

You mention his knee. I thought it was a high ankle sprain.

LOL - it is a high ankle sprain. He's been out so long it's hard to remember why. The nice part of him being gone, I think, is that Boller has been forced to use actual wideouts when he throws. That could actually help Heap if the defense cannot assume that he gets all the passes.

Latest from Stats, Inc, via Yahoo:

Heap has been practicing at full speed with the Ravens all week and has reported no major problems with his severely sprained ankle. Although a decision likely won't come until just before kickoff, the tight end could be available for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots. He has been sidelined since Week 2

It's a crapshoot. :D

Looks more like next week against the Bengals is when we'll see Heap.

Nov 27, 2004

Mike Preston

There was optimism that Heap might be ready for tomorrow's game against the defending NFL champion New England Patriots in Foxboro, Mass., but that may have been more to influence the Patriots' game plan than reality.

A more realistic goal is for next Sunday against the Bengals. Despite running and cutting on the ankle for the first time this week since the injury, Heap says he is still not 100 percent.

"There is no doubt when you're 100 percent," said Heap. "It's a fine line. You've got to know the difference between when you're hurt and when you're injured. I'll know when I'm 100 percent when my bad ankle feels like my left one, when the cuts are the same.

"Next week is more realistic, if it keeps getting better the way it has been. This is the first time I've been out running routes. It's exciting to get out of the training room and out there with the team."

The Baltimore Sun