[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP "Team Correspondents"

Rovers' post regarding the NY Jets' IDP fantasy forecast gave me a pretty good idea. That four-lettered sports network/website which will go nameless has a pretty good system of volunteer "correspondents" based on team for NFL, MLB and even NBA and NHL fantasy games. Ideally, these correspondents will be "homers", ensuring access to the most information via radio, local TV, news media, and of course the all-important chatter at the sports bar, poker table and coffee shops!

So, that being said... since I am the mighty moderator for this here neck of the woods in Huddle-land, I will officially open it up to volunteers. Pick a team. Post here if you think you got what it takes. In an effort to fill this up and get it up and running as fast as possible, I'll have to say it's first come, first served. If I don't read the thread for awhile and I see multiple "calls" for the same team, I may ask you to select another team or PM me with your "credentials" so we can pick the best candidate. Hope I don't step on any toes in my selections. :D

Ideally, I'd like for the correspondents to update their team's "thread" twice a month here in the off-season. As fantasy drafts draw near, a weekly update would be preferred. And, during the season, weekly updates would be absolutely necessary. Updates on starters, injuries, trends, hot/not, etc. will all be welcomed within each team's thread.

Of course, there's the chance that this idea flops like 99% of Ben Affleck's movies, in which case I will hang my head in shame. Here's hoping it takes off. :D:D

AFC East

New England Patriots - Czarina

NY Jets - Rovers

Buffalo Bills - Piranha

Miami Dolphins - Rovers (interim basis - any Fin homers out there?!?!)

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers - crispirons and SteelBunz

Baltimore Ravens - OPEN

Cincinatti Bengals - SteelBunz

Cleveland Browns - OPEN

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts - Captain Hook

Jacksonville Jaguars - OPEN

Houston Texans - Ziachild007

Tennessee Titans - spain

AFC West

San Diego Chargers - darin3 and Chargerz

Denver Broncos - broncosn05 and AtomicCEO

Kansas City Chiefs - Beaumont, with special guests muck and Chief Dick

Oakland Raiders - OPEN

NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles - Marauders11

NY Giants - jgcoach and ?

Dallas Cowboys - Sgt. Ryan

Washington Redskins - redman

NFC North

Green Bay Packers - Swiss Cheezhead and Fatman

Minnesota Vikings - OPEN

Detroit Lions - RWings

Chicago Bears - Gilthorp

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons - OPEN

New Orleans Saints - rajncajn

Carolina Panthers - Swampnuts (perhaps w/ Johnies & PantherDave)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OPEN

NFC West

Seattle Seahawks - Down Goes Frazia

St. Louis Rams - OPEN

Arizona Cardinals - gogo2146

San Francisco 49ers - OPEN

Edited by darin3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to be the Jets guy. My 15 minutes of Huddle fame now long gone as newbie of the year, I would like to modestly take my place as the Jets IDP homer. Ya know, taking this a step further, why not do something with the team offenses as well? It wouldn't cost the Huddle a dime, but might be something of a headache keeping all teams covered. I could double up with the Giants, or in the AFC east if need be. Do I still need to PM ya, Darin? :D

I'd love to be the Jets guy. My 15 minutes of Huddle fame now long gone as newbie of the year, I would like to modestly take my place as the Jets IDP homer.  Ya know, taking this a step further, why not do something with the team offenses as well? It wouldn't cost the Huddle a dime, but might be something of a headache keeping all teams covered.  I could double up with the Giants, or in the AFC east if need be. Do I still need to PM ya, Darin?  :D

810678[/snapback]

Nah you don't have to PM me... I didn't know at the time if I was going to set this post up and lock it down or allow replies.

Doing the correspondent thing for offenses would be cool... in my mind, however, there's plenty of coverage on The Huddle and "other" sites (cough cough) that deal with offensive trends, injuries, etc. The only reason I thought IDP Team Correspondents would be beneficial is due to the overall lack of information on the subject...

Perhaps someone could take the reins in the main Fantasy Forum and see if this system works... :D

Marauders11 will take the Eagles. My bro is a frustrated sports journalist

I know the Bears as well as anyone...although some disagree with me when I say Urlacher is over-rated.

810712[/snapback]

OK Gil, I'll pencil you in, despite your repeated badgering about Hanson. I'm sure LG and/or [insert Bears fan name here] would have loved to take this position, but I respect your opinions. Now, with this position you maintain the responsibility of meeting up with me and LG in October when I'm in Chicago for a visit.

I know the Chiefs really well, and thats about it ... I would love to volunteer for the Chiefs correspondent, unless Muck or Chief Dick want it ...

810730[/snapback]

CD has plenty to deal with (new house) so I'll pencil you in as the Chiefs guru. Perhaps you two could collaborate - with muck's input - to make an uber-thread regarding the Chiefs... seeing that they've improved their defense SOOOO much [tongue in cheek]

Some of the New Orleans native homers may have more inside info, but if one of them doesn't sign up I'll certainly do my best.

810731[/snapback]

Thanks rajn... you were one of the others (besides Rovers) I thought of when I was drafting this thread regarding homer-ism.... :D I'll put you down for now, but if one of your Saint cohorts expresses intrest in taking the position, let me know. Hey, I'll be in Baton Rouge at the end of June... trying to get SuperBalla, tbimm and any other Louisiana Huddler together for a beer or 4. I'll PM you when the date draws nearer.

Hey, Darin, put me down for the Detroit Lions!  Great idea, by the way!

810773[/snapback]

Thanks RW... I had some general interest from one of your Lion bretheren a week or so ago when I was bouncing this idea around. If he doesn't take the gig, it's all yours. Thanks for volunteering... would there be a second team choice if the Lions get snagged?

i can take the bears or the steelers.  but if gil wants the bears and say perhaps jules wants the steelers...i'm happy going in another direction and taking another team.

810958[/snapback]

Hey thanks crisp! Mighty fine of you to be so flexible. Looks like Gil has Da Bears so we'll put you down for the Steel Curtain for now. PM me or post up if you want to let Jules handle it. Feel free to grab another team!

I'll take the Colts.  What do you want to know?

811014[/snapback]

With all due respect to the rest of the Colt fan Huddlers, I would not expect anyone but you to take this task. Thanks. :D

Marauders11 will take the Eagles. My bro is a frustrated sports journalist

811025[/snapback]

All I can say is that I feel his pain. I am, honestly, a failed sports journalist. Sigh. Consider this my way of acting out. :D

Thanks for all the volunteers... I'll update the initial post now. :D

Thanks rajn...  Hey, I'll be in Baton Rouge at the end of June... trying to get SuperBalla, tbimm and any other Louisiana Huddler together for a beer or 4.  I'll PM you when the date draws nearer.

811044[/snapback]

I'd love to, but the end of June is a mighty busy time for me. Wife is due around then & I'll have some family in town. Maybe next time around.

Although I don't live in the area, I'm willing and able to handle the Green Bay IDPs. However, if a Wisconsin resident steps up, they'll probably have better access to local media -- radio in particular. So, I'll be the default, pending a true "homer" volunteering.

I assume you want something similar to what Rovers posted?

Not to step on Darin's toes here.... I think we should attack this in whatever way one feels is best. If someone has a better way to do it, why get stuck with one style or format/approach?

811111[/snapback]

Well, I'll say this... I think the idea is fantastic, but I am a bit concerned with 32 team threads pinned at the top of the forum. Not sure if that was what was intended, but it might be a good idea if we have just one thread. But I agree with Rovers that we should have some kind of set format with at least one area for some flexible input.

Well, I'll say this... I think the idea is fantastic, but I am a bit concerned with 32 team threads pinned at the top of the forum. Not sure if that was what was intended, but it might be a good idea if we have just one thread. But I agree with Rovers that we should have some kind of set format with at least one area for some flexible input.

811117[/snapback]

At first consideration, 32 pinned team threads does seem a bit silly, but then again, what else would people need from this forum?

If every team's thread was updated every two weeks, almost all relevant info on IDPs can be found there. For more current info, we wouldn't need a whole lot of MB space. :D

Thanks RW... I had some general interest from one of your Lion bretheren a week or so ago when I was bouncing this idea around.  If he doesn't take the gig, it's all yours.  Thanks for volunteering... would there be a second team choice if the Lions get snagged?

811044[/snapback]

No problem, Darin. I was going to suggest policyvote for the spot as well, since he's always got the lowdown on the Lions. If this other guy has got the goods, that works as well. Lemme know...

I accept the nomination to cover the Eagles. I've been doing IDP in our Local $$ Fantasy League for over 10 years so I am very familiar with not only The Birds, but the whole IDP format in general.

Let me know how we are going to handle this and I'm in!

I'd love to, but the end of June is a mighty busy time for me. Wife is due around then & I'll have some family in town. Maybe next time around.

811103[/snapback]

Ahh, congrats! :D Maybe next time!

Although I don't live in the area, I'm willing and able to handle the Green Bay IDPs. However, if a Wisconsin resident steps up, they'll probably have better access to local media -- radio in particular. So, I'll be the default, pending a true "homer" volunteering.

I assume you want something similar to what Rovers posted?

811107[/snapback]

Thanks - I'll put you down as the guy for now. :D

Not to step on Darin's toes here.... I think we should attack this in whatever way one feels is best. If someone has a better way to do it, why get stuck with one style or format/approach?

811111[/snapback]

I agree - each correspondent can tackle it (pun intended) any way he/she sees fit. Keep in mind, though, the readers are going to obviously want to get info on injuries, trends, who's hot/not, etc.

I'll be happy to contribute to the Pats IDP info.

811132[/snapback]

Thanks - you're in!

No problem, Darin.  I was going to suggest policyvote for the spot as well, since he's always got the lowdown on the Lions.  If this other guy has got the goods, that works as well.  Lemme know...

811251[/snapback]

Yeah, he was on my list of uber-homers. I'll let you know.

I accept the nomination to cover the Eagles. I've been doing IDP in our Local $$ Fantasy League for over 10 years so I am very familiar with not only The Birds, but the whole IDP format in general.

Let me know how we are going to handle this and I'm in!

811266[/snapback]

Thanks! :D

811117[/snapback]

At first consideration, 32 pinned team threads does seem a bit silly, but then again, what else would people need from this forum?

If every team's thread was updated every two weeks, almost all relevant info on IDPs can be found there. For more current info, we wouldn't need a whole lot of MB space. :D

811123[/snapback]

why not pin a thread for each division for homer reports?

811319[/snapback]

Not exactly sure how I am gonna run this... I wasn't set on actually pinning all the threads. If someone wants the info, they can merely do a search in the forum for specific teams, or simply click through the pages of the forum to find whatever they want. Or I could consolidate the teams in each division into a thread, but that would assume everyone completes their reports on the same day. We have some time to hammer out the details. Please keep the ideas flowin'!

I was giving this some thought as well. 32 threads? That's alot. I dont know the ins and outs of running a web site, so I'm sort of talking out of my...well, you know, but just some thoughts for whatever it's worth. I have seen another site that has this sort of thing not in a forum, but on a page, like an article. The people who contribute, as far as I know are paid staffers, but that would be the only difference, as far as I can tell.

This really gets into DMD and WW's shorts, and I'm certainly NOT trying to tell the Huddle founders how to run things, so please, don't take it that way, just bouncing an idea around. I would have no clue if it's feasable or if they would even have an interest, or if would simply be too much work. In a forum setting, they could just let us go.... in an article format, the content and accuracy would be a reflection of the Huddle, so it might be a little to big a nut to crack.

Perhaps an article format that clearly states it isn't staff that wrote it? A little clickable box on the home page? Call it "The Homer's Reports" or something? Then, people could carry those thoughts over to the IDP forum for discussion and target practice? Just some thoughts from someone who really has no clue how possible any of this would be.

I'd love it if we could kick some butt and become THE IDP forum on the net! :D

i can take the bears or the steelers.  but if gil wants the bears and say perhaps jules wants the steelers...i'm happy going in another direction and taking another team.

810958[/snapback]

I'd gladly just partner up with Crispy and the Steelers. :D Oops.....that sounded wrong....lol. Wait....no it didn't! :D Actually....neither of us LIVE in Pitt...maybe Squeegie can get us some rumor mill/inside info stuff.

I was giving this some thought as well. 32 threads? That's alot. I dont know the ins and outs of running a web site, so I'm sort of talking out of my...well, you know, but just some thoughts for whatever it's worth. I have seen another site that has this sort of thing not in a forum, but on a page, like an article. The people who contribute, as far as I know are paid staffers, but that would be the only difference, as far as I can tell.

This really gets into DMD and WW's shorts, and I'm certainly NOT trying to tell the Huddle founders how to run things, so please, don't take it that way, just bouncing an idea around. I would have no clue if it's feasable or if they would even have an interest, or if would simply be too much work. In a forum setting, they could just let us go.... in an article format, the content and accuracy would be a reflection of the Huddle, so it might be a little to big a nut to crack.

Perhaps an article format that clearly states it isn't staff that wrote it? A little clickable box on the home page? Call it "The Homer's Reports" or something? Then, people could carry those thoughts over to the IDP forum for discussion and target practice? Just some thoughts from someone who really has no clue how possible any of this would be.

I'd love it if we could kick some butt and become THE IDP forum on the net!  :D

811378[/snapback]

We could PIN one thread that has links to the other 32. How does that sound?

I know the Chiefs really well, and thats about it ... I would love to volunteer for the Chiefs correspondent, unless Muck or Chief Dick want it ...

810730[/snapback]

Go right ahead Beaumont. I know you will do a fine job. Like Darin said, I've got the new house I'm working on and the new baby comes in late September.

I'm sure Muck and I will be glad to throw our .02 in from time to time.