[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Football Advice Primer

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grits guideline to Fantasy Advice:

• 1) Nobody wants to rate your team. Nobody cares about your team except you. I obviously will rate these with a number between 0 and 999,999,999 and let you pick whatever scale you want that rating to be on.
  • 2) Nobody wants to rate your trade after it has already happened. We don't care if you traded Anthony Thomas for LaDanian Tomlinson.
  • 3) Nobody here is omniscient. So we can't tell you if your team will beat another one in your league. We can't tell how many yards and/or TDs a particular player will get on Monday night. There are professionals out there that do projections every week for a living, including the Huddle. Check out their projections.
  • 4) If you drafted LT, Shaun Alexander, Priest Holmes and Edgerrin James don't ask us which 2 you should start each week. You are either in a league full of idiots or a 3 team league. You got all studs YOU pick which 2 to start. We are busy trying to figure out if we should start Michael Bennett or De'shaun Foster.
  • 5) If you have no intention of benching a player then do not include them in your question. Don't say pick 3 WRs from Holt, Boldin, Lelie, Housh, Galloway if you have no intentions of benching Holt. Personally I always respond to these posts with 'You'd really bench Holt'? Which is probably not the response you wanted.
  • 6) Try picking some of your starters yourself. Nobody wants to pick your entire lineup for you. We have our own teams to manage. Why do you bother playing the game if you can't make some decisions yourself.
  • 7) Kickers are too unpredictable to predict. Don't ask which kicker you should draft, cut, pick up or start. When all is said and done the kickers are almost all the same anyway and you are putting too much thought into this question. Pick a kicker and stick with him. I will respond to these with 'Always start the kicker that will score the most points'.
  • 8) For the most part always, ALWAYS start your studs. Why you would bench somebody you drafted in the first 3 to 5 rounds for somebody you drafted in the 16th round is beyond me. Obviously at this point in the season we are realizing that some players are no longer deserving of the 'stud' status ... like Culpepper, Jamal Lewis and Kevin Jones. But if you have Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, Torry Holt, Peyton Manning or a whole host of other studs ... you should ALWAYS start them.
  • 9) Don't get cut with your thread title. If you attempt to get views by using the word 'Boobs' in your post then I will typically respond on the topic of Boobs regardless of the content of your question. If you say 'only experts' then I will claim not to be an expert and not answer your question. If you say 'critical decision' ... well in the scheme of life it is not a critical decision and certainly is not critical to me. The topic should be indicative of the content ... something like Boldin vs Housh. Then we all have a pretty good idea what you want by looking at the title ... and others that may have the same decision can see right away that they would want to see this post.
  • 10) I typically don't like giving advice on trades but will do so as long as it is a fairly straight forward trade involving a 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 or 2 for 1 trade. Any more complex than that and you are on your own.
  • 11) Try having a thick skin for a change. Nothing said on this board has any impact on you or your life. It's a freaking anonymous user message board. If you don't like what somebody says there is no need for a flame war.

I'm sure there are more ... :D

It is worth noting that you can do all of the above and still will not be put on my ignore list. The only way you get on my ignore list is if you decide that you need to call me out after I rated your team/trade, told you your post was stupid and only designed to get you a warm fuzzy feeling or for whatever reason you felt offended. And even then only if you feel the need to keep at it ... resorting to name calling and such. I am one of the few that answers advice questions on a regular basis and I answer a lot of them. So it is up to you whether you want to forgo any future advice from me, it is certainly no skin off my back to add you to my ignore list.

Once you are on my ignore list it does you no good to follow me around and attempt to get my attention with your posts. As you are marked to be ignored I can not actually see the text of your message anyway. It shouldn't bother you that you are on my ignore list as I expect if you are there you probably didn't want my advice anyway. And if I respond to your post that you are being ignored you should simply view this as a bump to the top for your post and be happy.

While my info says rookie, I have been a Huddle member for about 3 seasons now, and my question is this, you'll notice my name is my email address, how can I change this??? I don't want anything special, just NOT my email addy.  Any help is appreciated.

1012807[/snapback]

Name changes are not normally allowed, but in the case of accidently using your e-mail as one, there is an exception.

Send a PM to WW telling him that situation and what you want it changed to, and he should by be able to accomidate that.

And it stays "rookie" until after your 20th post.

Be aware of the sexual content of your avatar. What may seem perfectly appropriate to you, may disappear the next day.

And no, don't whine about the old guy's avatars. They earned the right to use them.

<<And they're old, so cut them some slack. :D >>

Can I have my avatar back now Big John?? :D

Edited by cre8tiff

You’ll get much better results putting as much info in the header when you ask a question. If the header read, “WDIS pick two” then you’ll have to open it to even know what the question is. Please don’t put “I’ll answer yours” with your question. Your guaranteed response is worth less than a wooden nickel. This board used to contain inside homer knowledge by the fans that read the local papers. It’s not a contest to see how many people you can get to reply. Legit questions get pushed to page three in fifteen minutes with countless WDIS WR#3 posts being bumped. Toomer vs. Randle El is a pointless question… flip a coin. Your #3 WR is a toss up every week, so just make a decision. If you don’t pay for the content of this site, then don’t expect others that do to do it for you. The projections are there every week, and the powers that run them know a heck of a lot more about football than you do. Questions like J. Lewis vs. M. Anderson may actually have someone else wondering the same thing, and has value. I picked up Mewelde Moore two weeks ago off waivers, and I didn't need to post a thread saying, "Mewelde just dropped... do I pick him up?" The answer is yes, and you already know that. Looking for cuods in your moment of glory after the fact is pointless. One last thing… posting a poll to answer a question is asinine.

• 2 weeks later...