[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

adam foote to...columbus?!?

Azazello1313

And the Flyers came to terms with Hatcher, Rathje, and Therien.

Link: http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/08/231636.html

906429[/snapback]

wow. three big, physical, defensive defensemen who can't skate, pass, or shoot especially well. interesting. i think i'll stick with my general inclination to view bobby clarke as a idiot fektard here..

rumour de jour has mike modano heading to the bruins

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132175

but check out the other teams in the hunt, Atlanta and ,no offence Hugh, Pittsburgh.

906478[/snapback]

Man, and here I was hoping the blurbs in the local papers were right about him coming back to Minnesota. :D

Then again, he really wouldn't fit in all that well with Lemaires defense first system.

But hey, at least we got this guy.

Wild add tough-guy Russian forward Nazarov 

Aug. 2, 2005

ST. PAUL, Minnesota -- The Minnesota Wild signed Russian free-agent forward Andrei Nazarov on Monday.

"Andrei could really add to the team's physical character and make us that much tougher to play against," said general manager Doug Risebrough. "He has the opportunity to make a real impact here."

The Wild bought out the contract of left wing Matt Johnson, who was the NHL team's enforcer since 2000. The 31-year-old Nazarov had one goal, two assists and 125 penalty minutes in 33 games for the Phoenix Coyotes in the 2003-04 season -- his 11th in the NHL.

The 6-foot-5 Russian's best season was in 1999-2000, when he had 10 goals, 22 assists and 78 penalty minutes in 76 games with Calgary.

Nazarov has been suspended several times, including a six-game ban in 1997 for making contact with an official during an altercation in a game.

A Russian for an enforcer? :D

Edited by SeductiveNun

Truth be told, we badly needed to add size to our front line the last couple of seasons. It sucks to watch a power play buzz around the perimeter, and not have a guy who could plant himself in front of the goalie for a rebound. Not sure if Nazarov fills that role though.

Still, having lost Matt Johnson, it's nice to pick up someone not afraid to drop the gloves.

Unfortunately, I think it's more wishful thinking on the part of MN fans than anything. Here's a list of centers we have either on the roster or in our system in Houston.

On the roster:

Bouchard, Pierre-Marc

Chouinard, Marc

Rolston, Brian

Walz, Wes

White, Todd

In they system at Houston:

Koivu, Mikko

O'Sullivan, Patrick

Wallin, Rickard

While Modano would be a short term upgrade over some of those kids, it's not the way Riseborough has been running the team. They favor youth and building from within the organization. On top of that, the Wild are very high on O'Sullivan and he will be trying out for the team this year. Mikko Koivu is also one in the works that I can't wait to see play up here. We signed Rolston after the 2003-2004 season, and never got a chance to see him play. Walz is too valuable a role player to get bumped. If anything, Bouchard could get moved to a wing position, but I don't know what they'd do with Chouinard or Wallin. Maybe keep them in Houston?

Although I would truly love to see Modano finish his career in Minnesota, where it all started.

Man, and here I was hoping the blurbs in the local papers were right about him coming back to Minnesota.  :D

Then again, he really wouldn't fit in all that well with Lemaires defense first system.

But hey, at least we got this guy.

A Russian for an enforcer?  :D

906520[/snapback]

Vlad Konstantinov was the baddest enforcer though, not through fights, but just the fear of the hit across the middle of the ice, all time favorite hockey player, bar none.

Hey Nun, dont get down on modano yet, the bruins just resigned murrary and mceachern, so they might not be able to afford modano with thorton,samsonov,raycroft and others still not signed.

906543[/snapback]

Unfortunately I think Modano is done, only 14 goals a few years back, can't remember if he was hurt much, but 14 goals and now an extra year older won't help, but maybe the rule changes will?

wow.  three big, physical, defensive defensemen who can't skate, pass, or shoot especially well.  interesting.  i think i'll stick with my general inclination to view bobby clarke as a idiot fektard here..

906463[/snapback]

Hatcher was a pylon last season, and he ain't getting any faster.