[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What was your most painful fantasy loss?

whomper

You know what im talking about.That one loss that is forever stuck in your gut. Last year the Packers were playing the Rams on Monday night. I was up by 1 point with under 2 minutes left in the game and I had the tie breaker. The Packers have the game in hand. Najeh Davenport rips off I believe a 70 yard td run . The guy im playing has Longwell who gets 1 pt for the PAT which ties us up.But I still have the tie breaker. There is about 53 seconds left in the game and The Packers are up 21. Martz decides to throw instead of just running the game out. The Packers pick it off and run it in for the TD.Longwell gets another PAT. I was playing the guy I was tied with for the division. 2 PATs after the 2 minute warning cost me the Division, Top seed , and a bye week.

Edited by whomper

2000 Super Bowl.

I had a considerable lead with Warner left to go on MNF. My opponent had Dunn left, who had only 3 TDs up to that point.

The Rams do a considerable amount of scoring - by rushing TDs.

This is the game Dunn went nuts with multiple TDs, yards, and other lucky plays that just went his way Aand his last TD put my opponent over the top. :D

(Since that, I never had Dunn on any of my teams)

:D  Um...I moved on.  :D

Whomp, If you need a shoulder to cry on to help you get past it, I bet Grits would listen :D

909222[/snapback]

The Prozac helped but im still not right

There have been many. I try not to dwell. However, one sticks out, as I can clearly recall shaking my head, saying "you've gotta be kidding me" at least 40 times.

1998. Week 5. Pack vs. Vikings. Monday Night Football. Was up on my opponent by 40 or so points. That's alot, even in my league, where we get bonus points for going over 100 receiving yards, and our TDs are 6, 9 or 12, based on yardage. So some rookie named Randy Moss decides to go for 190 yards and two 12-point TDs. Bing, bang, boom. 48 points, I'm toast.

Not a painful loss, but I had a lucky championship win last year. I was up 2 points and the guy had Westbrook & Freddie Mitchell. He could only start one and he decided to start Westbrook even though he was questionable. I told him to start Mitchell (even though it was the championship, I didn't want to win it b/c someone sat out). He decided on Westbrook who wound up not playing at all. Mitchell had a TD.

I lost the championship to Joe Horn yes remember that game where he had like 4-5tds...i had like a 25-30 point lead and he only had Horn...and i lost ...it still stings ...

I Hate Joe Horn....so i drafted him last year

So he wouldn't screw me again

lol

909329[/snapback]

You need to read "Committed", by our very own msaint.

2002 Superbowl. I lost to my little brother by 4 pts. I had Bulger and the first snap of the game he hurt his back and didn't come back. Despite that I was still in it. I had Hines Ward on Monday night, all I needed was a TD. He came so close to scoring but didn't. I was crushed and never hear the end of it.

I had a loss in 2003 that I will never forget. I won the title that year, but finished the regular season with a mediocre 8-5 season. I lost three times to freak occurances. The one that I cant forget was the following:

I played against Trent Green and Eddie Kennison. The Chiefs went to overtime and actually won the game with a 50 YD td pass from Green to Kennison. The play gave Green 400 yds exactly for the game, it was Green's only catch of the game but the points for the pass being 50 yds gave my opponent enough points to overcome an insurmountable lead. Literally like 40 points for one play.

I dont care how long I play, I will never lose a game like that again.

It was the game before the Super Bowl last year against one of my good buddies and we were on the phone all game. The Championship was $2,100 to the winner and $1,100 to the loser. Tom Brady throws a pick falling on his a$$ vs. Miami in the final minutes and I lose by 0.05 points All he had to do was take the freakin' sack. Then lose by 0.75 points in the consolation game which was worth $550. :D

Edited by PackerFanX

Here is the worst story ever. You guys are gonna love this one. I went into a Sunday night game up by 11.3 points. I had Willis McGahee and the guy I was playing had NE D/ST. Buffalo was playing NE. I thought with an 11.3 lead and having my RB against his D, a win was a lock. Well, I was wrong. Willis McGahee totaled 49 yards (4.9 points) and NE D had 4 INTs, 3 sacks, & 1 FR (17 points). The loss was bad enough itself, but here is what made it REALLY bad...

Buffalo Bills at 00:31 (4th QTR)

1-10-BUF38 (:31) J.Losman pass to D.Shelton pushed ob at BUF 43 for 5 yards (R.Gay).

2-5-BUF43 (:25) J.Losman pass intended for T.Euhus INTERCEPTED by T.Banta-Cain at BUF 48. T.Banta-Cain to BUF 44 for 4 yards (J.Losman). 1st NFL interception

Yes, that's right. Losman threw an INT (worth 3 points) in trash time (Buffalo was down 29-6) with 20 secs to go in the game that sealed the NFL and my fantasy game. I lost by .7 of a point because of an INT. Thank you JP Losman. You had a fumble and an INT the 2 drives you were in. You suck!

Last year's championship in my dynasty league. I'd won it 3 years in a row going into it and went up against a guy that should have been there before, but just hit bad luck in the playoffs.

I owned this league for a long time. Before my championship run started, I was high scoring team 2 years in a row but got bumped in the playoffs.

It flat hurt to lose that game. :D

:D That would have to be everytime I got beat by the team with the weekly high. That was 5 times last year. I would score my personal best but yet I was playing against the team that week that would score the highest points. I would have beaten everyone else but nooooooooooooooooooo I had to be playing against the team with the weekly high. I was tooled all season!!! :D I am out for revenge this year :D:D:D

About 3-4 years ago (I've tried to black it out). Anyways, I'm down around 23 points and I have a TE and Kicker on Monday night.

So I'm done, my TE is average, but my kicker goes nuts, end of the night, my kicker has like 21 points.

We end in a tie, the tiebreaker is the kicker. I have my first win of the season (it's like week 4) and I post some of the best smack ever to come out of this keyboard.

I come in the next morning and the site has made an adjustment. A one frickin point adjustment, and I lose. The rest of the week, I am torched with smack over the damm one point.

Well, I had a bad one in 2003 in my local in the 2nd round of the playoffs when my buddy and always arch rival rajncajn was sure of defeat (and even called me sounded totally bummed, etc.) and he only had LT left, when I had a considerable lead with a few players left (can't remember who) AND BALTIMORE'S DEF who goes on to give me a big fat ZERO! Of course LT goes nuts, scoring about 30 pts.or so giving him the slim victory. I was shocked. He went on to win the SB that year. I don't feel so bad though, as I came back with a vengance last year and in the inevitable rematch (2nd round playoffs again) won on my way to a Championship. :D Time for the rubber match!

Edited by Hitman

The loss that still eats at me is the Brad Johnson to Brad Johnson touchdown pass and reception game.... I ended up losing by 1 point...

:D

909481[/snapback]

thanks, and i thought my therapy for that game was finished

It was the second week of our 2003 fantasy play-offs. I was down by 17 pts with Holt and Wilkins yet to play the Monday night game. Holt gets me 1 pt and Wilkins misses a 35 - 40 yarder (I can't remember the exact distance) at the end of the 4th quarter and I lose by 1 pt. I think it was the first FG Wilkins has ever missed on a Monday night. I really couldn't be to dissapointed in Wilkins' performance though as he gave me a chance to win. It's Holt's 1 pt that screwed me.

Last year, Last week, Culpepper back to pass, hes got Moss deep, TOUCHDOWN... No wait.. HOLDING.... :D:D HOLDING..

IF that had not been called back... I would have won. I lost by a half a point.

Three years ago.

Last week, Mr. L. Little on the Rams had a nice evening with 3... Not 1, Not 2, but 3 Forced Fumbles.. I lost that year because of that by a HALF A POINT.

You know what im talking about.That one loss that is forever stuck in your gut. Last year the Packers were playing the Rams on Monday night. I was up by 1 point with under 2 minutes left in the game and I had the tie breaker. The Packers have the game in hand. Najeh Davenport rips off I believe a 70 yard td run . The guy im playing has Longwell who gets 1 pt for the PAT which ties us up.But I still have the tie breaker. There is about 53 seconds left in the game and The Packers are up 21. Martz decides to throw instead of just running the game out. The Packers pick it off and run it in for the TD.Longwell gets another PAT. I was playing the guy I was tied with for the division. 2 PATs after the 2 minute warning cost me the Division, Top seed , and a bye week.

909218[/snapback]

That game killed me as well. Thanks for bringing back those painful memories. :D

That game killed me as well. Thanks for bringing back those painful memories. :D

909934[/snapback]

Nothing a :D cant erase

In my old local our Super Bowl was played during the actualy Super Bowl. That may be stupid but irrelevant to the story. For the uninitiated I've been playing since 1988 and never won a league.

Dateline January 30, 2000. The Georgia Dome. I'm losing in my Super Bowl by 4 and the game is almost over. I was resigned to yet another fantasy football super bowl defeat. I had McNair and Dyson and for a second or two thought I had finally won a Super Bowl. I will forever hate Mike Jones.