[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What was your most painful fantasy loss?

whomper

DMD can tell a story about the time he went to bed with a Super Bowl victory in hand only to wake up Tuesday morning to a Warrick Dunn 38 fantasy point extravaganza and a crushing loss.

:D's never lose.

Edited by Kid Cid

I had 2 heart breaking losses last year but, I will go with the one in the Super Bowl. Monday night, Rams v. Eagles, I am going into the game up 4pts. He has D. McNabb. No this is the game that Philly didn't need, they had clinched everything. Rumors were that Mcnabb was only going to play in the 1st series. I had some people even telling me that they heard he was going to only take a couple of snaps. Anyway, the eagles move the ball about eight yards, then on 3rd down there is a penalty. Something against the Rams, automatic 1st down. Now, I am at work during all this and I looking at this with no sound. From there on they drive down and instead of handing the ball off, he hits someone for a touchdown. Game over, McNabb sits the rest of the night. It was a difference of $1000. I haven't been right since.

:D ... all my losses are painful. There are two owners in my league I especially hate to lose to ..

But I guess the two loses that stick out in my mind are:

The first year we implemented decimal scoring, which I strongly pushed for, I lost a game by less than 1 point. That game kept me out of the playoffs.

The year before that I lost a tie breaker in the playoffs.

In 1999, my Super Bowl in my local $$ league. I lost by one stinking point. To make it worse, my opponent had his best lineup in...and I left the points that would have won me the game on the bench. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I can't remember all the details now, but it had something to do with me benching Eddie George who went off and had a monster game.

The loss that still eats at me is the Brad Johnson to Brad Johnson touchdown pass and reception game.... I ended up losing by 1 point...

:D

909481[/snapback]

I had Brad Johnson in that game :doah:

Last season semifinals. Down 4 going into MNF with Vinatieri (vs Miami) still to play. He kicks 4 XP's....we tie and I lose the tie breaker. Would have won the finals had I moved on.

Of course I couldn't blame a kicker so I went ahead and blamed Sammie Parker for everything.

Here was my "letter" to him on our league website.. :D

Dear Sammie Parker,

Last week you caught a 1 yard pass that would have given Trent Green 225 passing yards and 23 fantasy points. However, before the play you were flagged for an illegal shift and thus the play did not count. Trent ended up with 22 fantasy points, I tied my semi-final fantasy football game and lost the tiebreaker. I won my 3rd place game today but would have beaten my opponent in the finals. This is a difference of $850. I will be waiting for your check to come in the mail in the next few weeks.

Thanks and have a Happy Holidays.

Edited by myhousekey