[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning #1 pick?

canman1104

OK, I got the #1 overall pick in a 12 team scoring league (6 pts for a TD pass and 1pt for every 20 yards passing) It's a serpentine draft order.

I am thinking about taking Manning with the 1st pick in the draft. I have been offered to trade the guy with the #5 pick for my #1 pick. I would also get his #1 pick in the 3rd and 5th round. So, I would end up with the following draft picks, 5th, 20th, 25th, 29th, 49th, and 53rd in the first 5 rounds of the draft. I would get 6 picks in the first 5 rounds. Is this worth it? Or just take Manning and ride him to the playoffs?

In a 12 team league, I wouldn't take Manning at #1. The RB position will run too thin by the time your 2nd pick comes around.

I am preaching Manning at #3 in 10 man leagues, and around #5-6 in 12 teams leagues. Those numbers change if your in league that starts 2 QBs, and if that's the case he makes a nice #1-3 in any league.

That trade is certainly tempting with those three picks in the 20s, but it could be dangerous because of the lack of true stud power you'll walk away with. But with a little luck you could walk away with something like Edge, Holt, CJ, and Westy which aint so bad in a 12 man league. I'd have to really sit down and run through some potential mocks, to disect that trade.

But my short answer is, take LT and don't look back.

Well, its LT or Manning if I dont trade the pick away. My only concern is that Manning has just as good a year this year as last year. If he gets 45 TD and 4000 yrd passing that's far better then any RB in the NFL. I do know the guy picking at #2 said if I dont take Manning he will so, Manning will go #1 or #2 in my league.

I would take the trade. You still get a top 5 RB and you get two extra picks in the first five rounds.

You could always ask for it to be his 2nd and 4th round picks instead. This would give you the extra picks with the better players still on the board.

OK, I got the #1 overall pick in a 12 team scoring league (6 pts for a TD pass and 1pt for every 20 yards passing) It's a serpentine draft order.

I am thinking about taking Manning with the 1st pick in the draft. I have been offered to trade the guy with the #5 pick for my #1 pick. I would also get his #1 pick in the 3rd and 5th round. So, I would end up with the following draft picks, 5th, 20th, 25th, 29th, 49th, and 53rd in the first 5 rounds of the draft. I would get 6 picks in the first 5 rounds. Is this worth it? Or just take Manning and ride him to the playoffs?

911765[/snapback]

If you can get a deal like that, you have to go for it.

I wouldn't take Manning in a 12 team league before pick 6 anyways, so if I could get a deal like that I would run with it.

i had the chance to take manning at picks 2 and 3 in my 10 team, 6pts pass td, 1pt per 25 yds league.. however i passed and took alexander. lt was picked first both times and manning 2nd the time i had 3rd overall. i simply am not comfortable with trying to play catch up at rb. i ended up with trent green at qb, alexander and ahman green at rb for my first team.. jake plummer at qb, and alexander and rudi johnson at rb for my second team. i could have picked up a lamont jordan or steven jackson in the 3rd round of both had i taken manning, but i was just not comfortable with either.. on top of that, my receiving core would be a tad weak missing out on a top notch wr in the 3rd.. i took holt and chad johnson. so i got a top tier rb, top tier wr and productive qbs in both leagues.. although they arent gonna throw 4000+ yds and 40+ tds.. im happy with my selections.

I made a counter offer that I get his 2nd and 4th round picks and he gets my 11th and 12th round picks. If he takes it I would have the 5th, 20th, 24th, 29th, 44th and 48th picks in the first 5 rounds and then turn right around with the 68th pick in the 6th round. Thats not to bad if I can get this I might make the deal.

With 6pts for a Passing TD, taking a QB #1 overall is not be a bad idea at all. That being said, your trade option is almost too tempting to pass up. I would probably take the trade down to #5, and see what happens. You never know, maybe Manning will fall to you (not likely with that scoring system but you never can tell).

Good luck!

I made a counter offer that I get his 2nd and 4th round picks and he gets my 11th and 12th round picks. If he takes it I would have the 5th, 20th, 24th, 29th, 44th and 48th picks in the first 5 rounds and then turn right around with the 68th pick in the 6th round. Thats not to bad if I can get this I might make the deal.

912815[/snapback]

Are 11 and 12 the last two rounds of your draft? If they are I am all for it. I just would try to keep every pick that I could and leave him with my last couple of rounds. Since he had offered 3 and 5 and you hadn't mentioned what rounds he would get back.