[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

7th pick overall

Zooty

I draft 7th in a 12 man league with scoring heavy on QBs.

I have it ranked as LT, Alexander, Priest (please don't drop to me), Edge, Manning, then Deuce at 6. Who do I take at 7? Don't like taking Moss this early (I'm running some mocks to see how it would pan out and it doesn't look good).

I have the some worries about McGahee. Who does that leave? Davis, J.Jones. I'm leaning towards K.Jones now or maybe Portis. Maybe I can just trade down :-(

Lewis is out of the question for me.

1- Don't like him

2- We get points for receptions which I should have noted. Tiki was #2 overall last year at RB.

3- They still have Boller at QB, right?

I would take D. Davis then. He is solid in the running game and catching the ball out of the backfield. Kevin Jones is said to have bulked up and kept his speed so he wouldn't be a bad pick either.

You just asked who you should take. If you are already discounting someone include that, I was giving you Lewis as an option, because he is being batted around on here as a top five pick and he is my number 3/4 RB.

If its QB-heavy, you gotta give some consideration to Culpepper.

After your #7 pick, you only have 10 more players off the board until you picks again. Assuming 2-3 of those are QB/WR, you'll still get a stud RB (not top tier, but you weren't gonna get one at #7 anyway.

You'll still get a Rudi/Tiki/JJ/Ahamn type of RB in the 2nd round, and have Culpepper and his home-dome/NFC Central schedule as your QB.

I've given some thought to C-pep but I'm a little worried about a new O.C. running more and no Moss to bail him out. I leaning away from the QBs in the 1st because I'm really hurting in my Mock Drafts at RB when I take a QB in the first so I'm kinda locked on a RB.

Knowing my league also guys like Ahman won't get out of the 1st round.

With a QB pick I'm looking at 1st-QB, 2nd-Rudi, 3rd-One of the rookie RBs

So maybe a better question would be- What RB would you pick at 1.07?

Don't be surprised if Deuce falls to you. That said, I think either Dom or KJones would be a fine pick at #7. I actually think I'd feel a little safer with KJones, but Dom could continue to improve and, if he stays healthy, be more than worthy of the #7 pick.

1- Don't like him

911898[/snapback]

Is this league for money or is it a free league?

If it is for money, and you are picking guys based on wether you like them or not instead of based on their potential performance you are making a huge mistake.

DD is projected to produce the most.. that is if he stays healthy and the texans pick it up a bit. mcgahee is pretty unproved imo, he can be shut down by some good teams for example the steelers 2nd string d last year when they need mcgahee most.. watching the game live, im not too sold on the guy. even though he put up some good stats in the few weeks he played.. durability is a question, as well as losman at qb. however if deuce falls i would take him. he seems to have the most upside out of the backs that will go mid-late 1st round. all reports are indicating new orleans will run more.. with deuce back at full strength, i see him having a huge year. not to mention the new offensive coordinator brought in that emphasizes on the run.. with that in mind do not draft aaron brooks!!

Is this league for money or is it a free league?

If it is for money, and you are picking guys based on wether you like them or not instead of based on their potential performance you are making a huge mistake.

912557[/snapback]

I have had him in this league before. He runs and runs but doesn't score enough points to make him worth a pick at 7. He has never been ranked higher than 8th by this league's scoring system. We get points for receptions and single diget TDs from a 1st rounder doesn't cut it. He has always been the player I let some one else draft.

Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.

Edited by Zooty

I like DD here, for a variety of reasons. Anyway, I'll throw out the numbers below just for the heck of it - if you're stuck deciding between several players that appear to have similar expected value, here's another point to ponder - what players seem to get the majority of their teams touches? You need the ball to score FF points, here's last years leaders in Percentage of Teams Touches (rush/recv) in Games Started:

Martin, Curtis         51%  Portis, Clinton        50%  Johnson, Rudi          50%  James, Edgerrin        49%  Alexander, Shaun       49%  Davis, Domanick        48%  Tomlinson, Ladainian   48%  Barber, Tiki           48%  Jones, Thomas          44%  Mcallister, Deuce      42%  Dillon, Corey          42%  Dunn, Warrick          40%  Taylor, Fred           39%  Jones, Kevin           39%  Barlow, Kevan          37%  Droughns, Reuben       37%  Green, Ahman           36%  Mcgahee, Willis        36%  Pittman, Michael       36%  Smith, Emmitt          35%  Westbrook, Brian       34%  Lewis, Jamal           33%  Faulk, Marshall        33%  

...obviously, the situation has changed this year for some of the guys listed above, but just some food for thought ... BTW, the highest-rated WRs (all at 13%) were Horn, Muhammed, Chad Johnson, Moulds, Mason.

I completely agree with you on Lewis. I'm looking forward to someone else in my league taking him. I like Davis, Portis and Kevin Jones in that order - and I like them all ahead of Deuce. That being said, I don't think you go wrong with any of the four. Since I personally think they are all bunched up together, I'd probably try to trade down 2 or 3 spots and take whoever falls while getting some value later in the draft.