[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roll Back the Lions 10 Years

MikesVikes

The 1995 Detroit Lions

Scott Mitchell (4338, 32), his best season by any stretch.

Some RB named Sanders (1500, 11) + Rec (48, 398, 1).

Three solid receivers in Moore (123, 1686, 14), Perriman (108, 1488, 9), and Morton (44, 590, 8).

Does anyone else see the resemblance of the Lions team 10 years later? 1995 was a playoff team, losing to Phil in the wild card game.

Edited by MikesVikes

I'm not saying that 2005 is going to be the peak season for this team. But the similarities are there. I'm not saying that KJ is going to be as good as Sanders this year or anytime soon, so hold your calls. :D

I remember that this was the year that the Vikes played the Lions on Thanksgiving weekend. (Checked it was. The score was 44-38. Last team with the ball wins. Unfortunately it was the Lions.) The teams couldn't stop each other that day. Would've been a FF field day to have anybody from any team.

Edited by MikesVikes

The Silver Stretch rises again. That Lions team was a lot of fun to watch. Fontes had a lot of personality and is still a fan favorite. I don't think Barry would've retired early if he had still been the coach. Of course, Barry probably wouldn't have gotten a 2000 yard season either without a fullback, but they were fun to watch.

I'm fired up for this season. I just want some excitement with the Lions again. Hire Wayne Fontes as team motivator or something.

Lions, Lions, and Lions, oh my!

This is going to be a great team to watch for the next few years. Roy is just sic!!!

I think that you will find that this team will make the '95 team pale in comparison.

I'm saying that KJ is going to be as good as Sanders

913671[/snapback]

What!

You're :D dude.

Oh! Did I leave a word out? :D

I don't think the WR analogy holds - Perriman and Moore had MUCH more experience than the WRs they now have; plus they were far more durable than "Got Milk?" Rogers has been.

They have TALENT - I'll certainly say that Mike Williams could very well have Moore-like numbers - but maybe in a year or two they'll really hit their primes.

I really enjoyed having that Mitchell to Moore hookup in my league that year. I cannot believe it has been 10 years!

I'll always the remember the Steelers opening day in 1995 whenever Barry juked Rod Woodson right out of his ACL. Rod did not play another game until the Super Bowl that year. darn Three Rivers Turf.......

Harrington has the brains of Mitchell without the talent.

I'm starting the calls for Garcia right now.l

914890[/snapback]

From the sound of the boos at yesterdays open PRACTICE, I think they've already started.

Edited by Puddy

From the sound of the boos at yesterdays open PRACTICE, I think the they've already started.

914897[/snapback]

Did you go Puddy? I was there and talked to Mooch while getting my kids cap signed. I told him I was a long time season ticket holder and told him to "Do us proud this season. I hope to be paying for my playoff ticket's this year". He just grumbled "Ya...me too"! I think I think I sort of pissed him off, as it seems he's sick and tired of hearing that all during camp. :D:D He's feeling the pressure in Motown this year!

Did you go Puddy? I was there and talked to Mooch while getting my kids cap signed. I told him I was a long time season ticket holder and told him to "Do us proud this season. I hope to be paying for my playoff ticket's this year". He just grumbled "Ya...me too"! I think I think I sort of pissed him off, as it seems he's sick and tired of hearing that all during camp. :D  :D  He's feeling the pressure in Motown this year!

915010[/snapback]

Nah, I couldn't go. I was hanging gutters on my garage (talk about fun!). I did hear the clips of the booing on the radio this morning. I was hoping fans would try and be more positive at least until he screwed up in a preseason game or something. But I knew they wouldn't. He better have some thick skin or he won't make it past the first few games.