Sign in to follow this  
darin3

Best WR Available

I'm about to pick at the 6th round (pick 9) in a 12-team draft. We can start between 2-4 WRs. We can also start up to 2 TEs. I already have Gonzo. My WRs are Lelie and Muhammed (not solid at all).

Question is... do I grab a 3rd WR here? Best available include:

Stokley: Injured?

Mason: I like him, but I MIGHT be able to wait until the 7th to get him.

Evans: Shaky QB situation, Moulds is de-facto #1. He's the only remaining "Tier 3" Huddle-ranked WR, though.

I have solid RBs (Davis, Dillon). Best available RB would be someone like Toefield, Taylor, Suggs, Bettis or Faulk. Can only start 2 RBs, so picking here would be for RB depth only.

So... I can take a WR, or backup RB... OR... I could take another TE. Gates and Witten are gone, but the next couple of TEs are pretty nice: Clark (with Stokley out, does his value go up?), McMichael, Crumpler (no real WR threat in ATL), Heap and Shockey. Could be nice trade bait down the road, and, like I said, I can still grab a decent WR with my 7th rounder (7.04).

Thoughts?

I'd take Heap if TEs are required or Lee Evans if they aren't. I'm not so worried about Losman.

I'd take Heap if TEs are required or Lee Evans if they aren't.  I'm not so worried about Losman.

916962[/snapback]

TEs are required, and I can start up to 2 per week. They do not, however, get extra points as compared to WRs.

Only problem with taking Heap, I really like Mason, and may take him at 7.04. Wouldn't want both Heap and Mason. If I go TE here, I'm thinking Clark.

TEs are required, and I can start up to 2 per week.  They do not, however, get extra points as compared to WRs.

Only problem with taking Heap, I really like Mason, and may take him at 7.04.  Wouldn't want both Heap and Mason.  If I go TE here, I'm thinking Clark.

916968[/snapback]

I hoping to draft Boller and Mason to go on a keeper team that has Lewis and Heap. Buit you know me well enough to figure how that's going to pan out.

I like Mason the most of those choices. If you need a decent TE, take a good look at Wiggens. Or, if you're really nice to me, I'll email you some good scoop I put together on him.

I like Mason the most of those choices.  If you need a decent TE, take a good look at Wiggens.  Or, if you're really nice to me, I'll email you some good scoop I put together on him.

917052[/snapback]

I already have Gonzo, so it's not imperative that I get a TE here. This is a strange league, we can start 2-4 WRs and 1-2 TEs (and 1-2 RBs, for that matter).

I like Mason, too... but I think I can get him at 7.04. Picking at 6.09, I'm tempted to take another TE (a few left in the "second tier") for trade bait or perhaps start two per week, since my WRs will be somewhat weak.

I'd have to look at one thing before you pick. Out of the WRs and TEs left that

you mentioned, who is the QB's favorite target?

Mason or Heap? Who knows? Woulld love to see a couple preseason games

first but you don't have that luxury.

Clark? Not by a longshot. Sure, he'll be used along with Marvin, Wayne, Stokely.

Crumpler? Although I'd shy away from drafting 2 TEs relatively early, Crumpler

is a sure bet to be Michael Vick's favorite target. Question is can Vick

get him touches worthy of a good WR?

I'm leaning towards going after Mason or Heap now. The Ravens have upgraded the offense tremendously by adding Mason and drafting Clayton. Plus with Heap

and a healthy Lewis, they can be great providing Boller doesn't lay an egg which

I don't think he does. It pains me to say that too because I am sure not a Raven's

fan. Good luck!

I'd personally take Evans. I heard a report that said Lossman has been connecting well with him. If you figure that defenses will still focus on Moulds and McGahee, he'll probably be the deep man.

I'd only put Mason a small notch below Evans though.

Also, grabbing Bettis seems like really nice value considering Duce is already having injury problems.

Ended up taking Clark. We're able to start 2 TEs... Clark and Gonzo could potentially put up WR-type numbers. Gives me trade leverage, too. I think I'll be able to nab Mason with my next pick.