[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle log out problems

Brentastic

A couple months ago you had to log on every time you entered the huddle, in other words, the site did not keep you automatically logged on like in years past. I posted a thread about it and it was fixed but now there is no option of logging off once you're logged in. I'm in a league through work and no one else is a member of the huddle. However, I've been asked to let them "see" some of the member's only information. Obviously my competitive nature will not allow this to occur so I need to be able to log off before I leave work so my competitors won't be able to access top secret huddle information. DMD, can you fix this problem?

A couple months ago you had to log on every time you entered the huddle, in other words, the site did not keep you automatically logged on like in years past.  I posted a thread about it and it was fixed but now there is no option of logging off once you're logged in.  I'm in a league through work and no one else is a member of the huddle.  However, I've been asked to let them "see" some of the member's only information.  Obviously my competitive nature will not allow this to occur so I need to be able to log off before I leave work so my competitors won't be able to access top secret huddle information.  DMD, can you fix this problem?

918255[/snapback]

Can't you just clear your cache & history? :D

Can't you just clear your cache & history? :D

918257[/snapback]

Sure, I guess, but I don't want to do that every day. When you do that, your usernames and passwords are deleted too. There should be a log out option. There always has been in the past, something's wrong with their current set up unlike years past.

A couple months ago you had to log on every time you entered the huddle, in other words, the site did not keep you automatically logged on like in years past.  I posted a thread about it and it was fixed but now there is no option of logging off once you're logged in.  I'm in a league through work and no one else is a member of the huddle.  However, I've been asked to let them "see" some of the member's only information.  Obviously my competitive nature will not allow this to occur so I need to be able to log off before I leave work so my competitors won't be able to access top secret huddle information.  DMD, can you fix this problem?

918255[/snapback]

You are a hard one to keep up with :D

In all the years of password protection, I think this is the first time I have ever heard of someone wanting to log out. I'll ask, but I would guess that's not going to happen this year.

You are a hard one to keep up with  :D

In all the years of password protection, I think this is the first time I have ever heard of someone wanting to log out. I'll ask, but I would guess that's not going to happen this year.

918287[/snapback]

I know, and yes, I am a stickler. On my home computer it doesn't matter, but if I want to look at the huddle while at work, it is a problem. I've already caught someone peeking at the huddle while I am away.

The season hasn't even started yet DMD, it shouldn't be too late for your IT guys to get this fixed. I'd like to know why they can't do it if that's the case. (lazy?)

Anywho, if it can't be fixed, I won't be able to access the huddle from work anymore which would really tick me off :D

"I've already caught someone peeking at the huddle while I am away."

If someone was peaking on someone else's computer at my work without permission, for any reason, they would get into serious trouble. I am surprised your co-workers would risk that to look at The Huddle, when they could just buy their own subscription??

You are right Brentastic, now that the login system keeps you logged in there should be a way to log out for those using public computers. I'll have this looked into.

But the suggestion for password protecting your work PC with a screen saver or with Windows is a good one regardless.

You are right Brentastic, now that the login system keeps you logged in there should be a way to log out for those using public computers.  I'll have this looked into.

But the suggestion for password protecting your work PC with a screen saver or with Windows is a good one regardless.

918845[/snapback]

Cool, thanks. You can always count on me to discover flaws on your site. Not that the huddle is always flawed, just that I'm a stickler for efficiency. :D

Sure, I guess, but I don't want to do that every day.  When you do that, your usernames and passwords are deleted too.  There should be a log out option.  There always has been in the past, something's wrong with their current set up unlike years past.

918267[/snapback]

Usernames and passwords should only be deleted if you delete your cookies. Deleting cache and history should not be an issue.

Usernames and passwords should only be deleted if you delete your cookies.  Deleting cache and history should not be an issue.

919312[/snapback]

If that's true, then deleting your cache would not log you off the huddle, right? I thought deleting cookies was the same as cache/history.

If that's true, then deleting your cache would not log you off the huddle, right?  I thought deleting cookies was the same as cache/history.

919801[/snapback]

No, many sites store your user name and password in a cookie. Cache is simply local copies of web pages visited recently and history is a list of same. Deleting cache and history doesn't do anything to passwords. Deleting cookies will cause you to have to remember all your web passwords, or most of them.

Secure sites e.g. online banking typically do not allow storage of passwords at all, which makes sense. Some do allow Windows to store the password, though.