[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2005 Projection Spreadsheet (8/6/05)

rhino

EDIT : [FAVOR] -- As this spreadsheet does include free projections from around the web, it also contains premium projections from thehuddle. This spreadsheet is intended for huddler use only, and your respect for DMD's and WW's work in their projections and website is preferred by not spreading this file to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. Otherwise, their columns of data may be removed. Thanks! [/FAVOR]

A .zip version of the spreadsheet can be downloaded from here.

1. There are 3 versions of the spreadsheet up. All have the same data and formulas.

*t.zip = Excel 2002 -- full functionality.

*t 2000.zip = Excel 2000 -- same functionality, but larger footprint.

*t 95.zip = Excel 95 -- missing upgraded Excel enhancements, but should have no trouble opening it.

2. A couple Huddler's tested it (opening only), and one had issues with it, and the other didn't. So, some of you will have a hard time opening it.

Try these 2 options, if having problems:

Gunther workaround (he was using Excel 2003)

a. Start Excel application (do NOT double-click on the .xls file in Explorer/My Computer)

b. File > Open

c. Search for the .xls file. Click <OK>

ts 2003 workaround

a. Start Excel (do NOT double-click on the .xls file in Explorer/My Computer)

b. File > Open

c. Browse (still in Excel 'File/Open' browser window) to the .xls file location (folder)

d. Single click on the .xls file, it should now be highlighted

e. Still in the Excel 'browser' window, right click on the file, Click on Properties

f. Click on Cancel to close the Properties window

g. Open the xls file from the Excel browser

3. This spreadsheet contains a lot of macros, to help with sorting. Must be enabled if you want the full use of it.

4. I believe the spreadsheet has "Automatic Calc" turned OFF. I recommend this, as it speeds things up for you. However, when you're ready to have the spreadsheet filter your input thru its formulas, simply press <F9>.

5. Whatever you do, do NOT delete the TIP tab. Yes, it's empty (to save some space). But, attempting to delete it has only corrupted my files.

6. First thing you want to do is : Enter your scoring rules on the Scoring tab. Then press <F9>.

7. After your <F9> recalculation, go to the "RANK" tabs and sort as you wish. The "RANK II" tabs will be sorted in the same fashion as your "RANK" tabs.

8. After getting comfortable with that, then you can go into the POS tabs (QB, RB, WR, etc) and WEIGHT the website's data. They should all be a "1" now. Feel free to weight the Huddle's data a 9, and someone else's a .01. Do not put a "0" in here, as it does mess up some formulas for some players. This weight is in row 5 of each of the POS tabs. Again, hit <F9> for the numbers to be used in the formulas.

9. Then, go back to RANK tabs and re-sort, if desired.

10. Spreadsheet accomodates TE-required and non-TE-required leagues.

11. Spreadsheet also contains a "One Pager" cheatsheet to take to your draft. This contains multiple columns that can be hidden, if you prefer, before printing -- such as "Age", "Exp"erience, etc. This page should be sorted in the same manner as your RANK tabs.

12. The "DRAFT" tabs remain, if you prefer to keep up with your drafts. When entered on the DRAFT tabs, the names should be automatically "crossed off" your cheatsheet (doesn't work in Excel 95 version).

13. Feel free to input your OWN projections on the POS tabs.

14. MISSING FROM 2005:

a. FBG's free projections -- I just didn't get over there in time to pick off their free projections. They are now locked down to premium members. If you're a member, feel free to input the numbers into your own spreadsheet.

b. IDP -- didn't have the time nor the space to get these in this year. Sorry. I will probably get these in AFTER I convert this into a small database app (2006?).

c. ESPN Projections -- Haven't had the time to input these in yet, but thought you might want this in your hands now, rather than later.

Feel free to let me know if you have any problems, suggestions, or comments regarding this tool/toy.

Edited by rhino

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy mackerel! Thanks for this, rhino! :D

Great work!

Edit: I was able to open it using Excel 2003 by just using the open command from XL and selecting the file in the file browser. It did error out on me when I just tried to double-click the .xls file.

Edited by Gunther

5 Members: Jules_Winfield, Chief Dick, Duchess Jack, GTKeeper, Steelhead

Steelbunz ... is that you?  Or do we have another Jules?

919103[/snapback]

If it is make your pick.